TCF's Crappy Flashes - Magical Friendship Ponehs

Start your journey here if you animate with something other than Pivot.

Moderator: Rank Team

Where am I at?

Low beginner
No votes
Medium beginner
No votes
High beginner
No votes
Borderline
No votes
Intermediate
No votes

Total votes : 0

TCF's Crappy Flashes - Magical Friendship Ponehs

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Hey, I'm ThatCelticFurry, the guy who makes the animations that go on this thread. One day I found out that apparently the forum now has a Flash section, and I use Flash more than Pivot nowadays, so yeah. Here's some of my crappy works.

Latest
Magical Friendship Ponehs
http://www.filz.us/2v1P
I'm so sorry that this exists ...

Older
Asdf Demo (Remake)
http://www.filz.us/2tqk
Okay, this was more of an edit than a remake, but you get the idea. I lowered the fps to 18 and replaced the effects entirely, making the blood a lot more noticeable than it was.

TCF Maze
http://www.filz.us/2tkJ
I know this counts more as a game than an actual animation, but you get the idea. Just a warning though: you should probably turn down your volume before playing if you have sensitive ears or something.

Asdf Demo
http://www.filz.us/2t6k
This is just a demo of my RHG Asdf that I made in an attempt to replace the older crappier one.
Last edited by ThatCelticFurry on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I post so rarely that my posts are an endangered species." —TCF
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: TCF's Crappy Flashes - Asdf Demo

Postby Juke » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Man that's pretty cool! I think the camera movements moved a bit to abruptly and the animation as a whole is a bit too quick, but I really like where you're going!
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Ussay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:13 pm

It's pretty good actually, reminds me of the old good times in flash animations :D
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Lord » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Ha ha, I like it! Kind of motivates me to start using Flash now alongside Pivot.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: TCF's Crappy Flashes - TCF Maze

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:33 pm

I kind of wonder how the ranking system for Flash animations is going to work here.
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: TCF's Crappy Flashes - TCF Maze

Postby Gary » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:25 pm

In the RHG Animation, you should work on your movements. They sort of just happen, stop, go to the next movement, stop, etc. There's no real frames inbetween to make it flow all together. Also, your effects need to be worked with. They need to be more apparent that they're actually there. I had to watch it a few times to see that there was blood in the animation.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Juke wrote:Man that's pretty cool! I think the camera movements moved a bit to abruptly and the animation as a whole is a bit too quick, but I really like where you're going!

I was trying to ensure that the camera kept up with the animation :lol: . As for the overall speed, I have absolutely no idea how to fix that. Should I lower my frame rate, double-frame more, try smaller spacing?

Ussay wrote:It's pretty good actually, reminds me of the old good times in flash animations :D

That's probably because the animation only exists thanks to some ancient tutorials (:P .

Gary wrote:In the RHG Animation, you should work on your movements. They sort of just happen, stop, go to the next movement, stop, etc. There's no real frames inbetween to make it flow all together. Also, your effects need to be worked with. They need to be more apparent that they're actually there. I had to watch it a few times to see that there was blood in the animation.

If I'm interpreting what you said right, I'm 100% that it "flowed" ... decently enough at least. He went from standing in a normal pose to charging at a guy and punching him, stopping for a second, running to the next guy and tripping him and afterwards running at the last guy, shielding himself in an ice block and crushing him. Then again that's only if I understood you correctly, which I probably didn't.

The effects though, now those were pretty bad. To start, I don't think the ice was detailed enough and as for what you said, I thought that I would be going overboard by adding anymore blood for the first guy because if you get punched, especially in the chest as in that case, there's not going to be very much blood (if any at all) as far as I know, but looking back I probably should've added a lot more for the guy at the end who got crushed similarly to an insect.

Alright, so I went into the document and fixed some things. Hopefully it looks better now.
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: TCF's Crappy Flashes - Asdf Demo (Remade)

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Alright, I know this is sort of a double post, but there were almost two weeks between posts, so I think there might be an exception.

I've been having this slump for the past ... well ... long while. I haven't had any ideas whatsoever for an actual animation. I did try to make a couple of short fights but I decided they looked too bad to be posted here, mostly because I couldn't use the brush tool to save my life and the line tool is more of a pain in the ass to use.

Yeah, I'm not good at animating at all, or drawing, or anything else that doesn't involve putting words on a screen or paper.

My point is that maybe within the next three months I could shit out an actual animation with Flash at least, since there's especially no hope for me to produce something good with Pivot. As for my decreasing activity I could start posting some of my crappy poetry and what not in the literature section to keep myself alive, but just note that I suck at animating and it's going to be a while before I can animate something worth posting. I could post more to this thread with the crappy Flash games I've been making, but this is an animation forum specifically and it probably wouldn't be very good for me to post mostly games here as opposed to actual animations.

Maybe I'll try experimenting with full-body animations sometime, but I'm terrible at drawing stickfigures, let alone people or animals, so you can kind of tell from a mile away how successful that will be.

Tl;dr I'm still alive and my animation threads are going to be struggling to stay alive for a long while.
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Postby Juke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:27 am

Who cares about the quality of animations you post here as long as you tried and gave it a shot. If you don't post animations for us to criticize you on how do you think you are going to get better? It doesn't matter how original the animation is as of right now because you just need to get the overall basics of animation down first.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Juke wrote:Who cares about the quality of animations you post here as long as you tried and gave it a shot. If you don't post animations for us to criticize you on how do you think you are going to get better? It doesn't matter how original the animation is as of right now because you just need to get the overall basics of animation down first.

Eh, you make a good point. I could probably shit out a few tests and get some ideas in the next few weeks for something.
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Re: TCF's Crappy Flashes - Magical Friendship Ponehs

Postby ThatCelticFurry » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:17 am

http://www.filz.us/2v1P

New animation. Hurray.

I apologize to anyone who ended up seeing that abomination ...
YouTube | Pivot | Flash
ThatCelticFurryOffline
Active
Active

Return to Beginners Hall