Why is DD still alive and rotting?

Have a natter here with other users!

Why is DD still alive and rotting?

Postby DostPs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:05 am

Why wont some animators on DD come to this forum? And why is DD still alive? That website should be closed and display a link to TDD so everyone who visits it knows where to go, dd isnt even moderated anymore, like, the question is who is keeping that site and why?
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Why is DD still alive and rotting?

Postby Raymond » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 am

DostPs wrote:Why wont some animators on DD come to this forum? And why is DD still alive? That website should be closed and display a link to TDD so everyone who visits it knows where to go, dd isnt even moderated anymore, like, the question is who is keeping that site and why?

Unfortunately we don't own animator.net. Someone bought it out and then ran it like shit, so this place was made and most people migrated here. It would be nice to own animator.net though because I could then re-direct the traffic there to thedarkdemon.com, but I would imagine he's upset that the community vanished (which is his own fault) so he never responded to me when I asked him what he would charge us to re-purchase the domain. Whatever, he can continue to pay for that mess of a site. It's his loss.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby DostPs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:46 am

Raymond wrote:
DostPs wrote:Why wont some animators on DD come to this forum? And why is DD still alive? That website should be closed and display a link to TDD so everyone who visits it knows where to go, dd isnt even moderated anymore, like, the question is who is keeping that site and why?

Unfortunately we don't own animator.net. Someone bought it out and then ran it like shit, so this place was made and most people migrated here. It would be nice to own animator.net though because I could then re-direct the traffic there to thedarkdemon.com, but I would imagine he's upset that the community vanished (which is his own fault) so he never responded to me when I asked him what he would charge us to re-purchase the domain. Whatever, he can continue to pay for that mess of a site. It's his loss.

oh fuck, and why did the owner of darkdemon sell it?
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Raymond » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:56 pm

DostPs wrote:
Raymond wrote:

oh fuck, and why did the owner of darkdemon sell it?

I'm pretty sure all previous owners sold DarkDemon for similar reasons. Either because they grew older and moved onto more important things in their lives, like managing a full time job and/or a family. Or possibly because of economic reasons, maybe they couldn't afford the hosting fees anymore, or maybe they just needed the extra money they got from auctioning off the site.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby DostPs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:11 pm

ok, thanks you can close this thread if you want
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Return to General Talk