Med Intermediate
15%
High Intermediate
27%

Total votes : 41

Lg59 to DON [Jan 2018] UPDATE

Postby DON » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Intro Story:
8 years ago i started pivot, i didn't cared too much about ranks, i like making sticks and animating what it seems to me that looks alright, but some what around 3 years later i gave my self a 2 year break, and recently int 2013 i'm back at animating, and obviously all i did was continue Dragonball animu, animation. Now we all are fan of DBZ (i know few are not but let's just say we are) and i did alot of them.. for 3 years.. until i stopped gradually last year, started making my own Series. and find things difficult, because i got a habit of making DBZ animations.

Now i feel like i'm starting all over again. But it's fine with me, Before i was an immature and couldn't handle CnC i think that is why i am thinking instinctively that "ranks" doesn't matter. To me it varies to "whom gave it more effort than the other" and i still have that question. I'm using pivot long enough to say that i probably know how to do alot of things in simple way or difficult way, ETC specially the new update Pivot 4. BUT that is all in the past now. Shut up with these short story. important thing is that i'm just trying to Change or get away the DBZ habit, and i hope i can get help here too.

TL;DR
Spoiler:
(I animated too much DBZ for 3 years, made it as a habit, Want to Change the animation habit, or get new animation habit, Oh BTW his this fgt named Lg59)

Simple Recent
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:
JUNE 15
May 28
Raiden Test for the SMOTYImage
May 22
May 15
April 27
Apr 24
Mar 23(Preview)
Credits to Chris for Fixing some parts
Mar 10(WIP)
retrospect from - https://youtu.be/ddK6WBAm2-0
Feb 17
Endcard For Youtube (Yes this is made in Pivot)
Feb 4
Feb 2 (Warm-ups)
Jan 31
Jan 28

CYCLES/LOOP

Dbz Anims.
All of these, are effortless in movements, they are just "fun" to watch. (Kinda Long might take awhile for gif to load)

3 Part Joint With DarkAngel & Lucyo Mikoto (From AllPivoters)
Spoiler:
1st Part - Jan 2017
2nd Part - Feb 2017
3rd Part - March 2017
November 30, 2016
January 10,2017 (Joint with KillerBunny = KB)

Tyrant Series.
All of these are for Scenes. Trying newer things. (I'm still working on them i'm bad at staging.)
January 13,2017
Spoiler:
January 15,2017
January 20,2017
Last edited by DON on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 24 times in total.
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Re: Animation Changing Habits.

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:44 pm

For a long time I thought that I could do on my own without relying on none but my criticism, but that had proven to be wrong, after I had decided to show my work to others; then I improved the fastest. I'm telling you this because, by joining the community, whether you'll like the fact or not, you will start to improve like never faster, given the appropriate cc—our staff are very good at that.

Now, you're definitely borderline intermediate, if not already there. I can see some effective simplicity in your movements, yet they still need some refinement. If anything, it must be that you need to work on exaggerating your poses a bit more for the sake of believability by squashing and stretching your lines of action according to the given situation. The other thing is your visuals. Sometimes you use transparency in ways that make things look 'muddy' in that, you want to make it look like shading, but end up with a portion of overlapping transparent figures that fail to serve any purpose, like the earth sphear in space scene in your GOku vs Beerus animation(first spoiler on your list).
Spoiler:
I tried to roughly recreate it in Photoshop, after establishing the setting in Pivot, just to see how much difference would using an extra software make. Never hesitate to use an extra software, if you feel like pivot is holding you back from reaching what image's in your head.

All in all, you're pretty decent, so just work on exaggeration in your posture, and appeal in some of your backgrounds. Keep 'em coming!
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby DON » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:04 am

Thank you, Flame is also helping me. well not really in any specific way, but he gives CnC and the recent works here i haven't really got any solid approve from him he just tells there's a lot of room for improvement.
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby elixir » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:06 am

( ° ͜ʖ °)( ° ͜ʖ °)( ° ͜ʖ °)( ° ͜ʖ °)
͠° ل͜ ° stick figure tidies ͠° ل͜ °
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby DostPs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:24 am

youre really talented dude ur style is really cool, you will eventually evolve and become a better animator with time :) good luck
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Animation Changing Habits. Lg59 to DON

Postby Blademaster » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:49 am

Oh nice to see you here LG.

You'll probably climb the ladder quite easily based on the effort you put in your animations. Have a nice time at DD. (thumbsup
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: Lg59 to DON [February 4,2017]

Postby Jojishi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Welcome to TDD, DON! Firstly, I'd like to say I'm surprised and very happy you came to our forum. Secondly, when updating be sure to make a new post saying "update". New posts bump topics to the top of the section they're in and people are more likely to see you've updated. It's good you edited the title of your thread though. c:

As for the animations, I must say that I was completely blown away by that Battle of Gods animation. It's probably the best animation you've made and one of my favourites now, so I hope you keep animating it. It has nice full-bodies, amazing effects, fantastic 3D, backgrounds and even the fight choreography is done well. Even the movements look good (this held you back in the past, mostly the shakiness) since they have good poses, power, smooth spacing and flow. The movements look Inters to me, so including all the other things definitely puts you on the high end of Intermediate. Overall it's a very entertaining animation so far and I'm eager for more. :D

DBP: Episode 11 looks amazing so far as well (although a little less than BoG :p). The effects, action, full-bodies and creativity is all quite good! Movements are nice, but it's a bit hard to tell when it's so fast. The FPS seems higher than Battle of Gods, so you might have saved the fps too high. Although animating at a high FPS can make it smoother, you have to animate a lot more frames so movement is at a normal speed, so it may be easier using 18 fps (a lot of people use this). Also, the animation could have some more 3D scenes like BoG, but the animation's just started so it's understandable. :)

Tyrant tests are great, and it's absolutely fantastic you're still animating an original series. 1 has nice splash/particle effects and the light-rays add a lot to it (they even wobble with the water). 2 has nice 3D, good shading and smooth arm movements, although the head had some slight shakiness. 3 looks very anime-ish and interesting. :p

Regarding the movement tests, it's great that you're trying to improve this aspect of your animations. Jan 28 is a nice walk cycle that demonstrates flow and weight, however, the hands changed direction suddenly at each stride. Some easing would help it look more natural, but don't ease to a complete stop since you still want some flow. For example (where "-" = spacing, "|" = frame):

Total flow, hand moves right
|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|
Total flow, hand changes direction (goes left)
|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|

Easing completely to a stop, hand moves right
|-----|----|---|--|-||
Easing completely to a stop, hand changes direction (goes left)
||-|--|---|----|-----|

1st example there's 100% flow, 2nd is 100% easing. Something natural would be in-between:

Hand moves right
|-----|----|---|--|
Hand changes direction (moves left)
|--|---|----|-----|

Can you see how there are still changes in speed, but it doesn't stop completely? This is how you balance easing and flow.

Jan 31 looks good to me. There is power, nice poses and it's spaced well. Attacks look creative too.

Feb 2 (bottom) has a nice balance of easing and flow, plus it has power and weight to it. However, the arm he used to catch the rock was a little shaky at one part. When the arm goes behind him, for one frame it almost stops and bends the opposite direction it ends up bending. Other than that, everything else is fantastic.

Feb 2 (top) is nice, but the legs could look better if they didn't slide before kicking off into the handstand. Keeping the feet planted for a bit would give it more power and a less "shuffling" look".

Feb 4 is a huge improvement and possibly some of the best movements I've seen from you. The starting 3D is awesome, as well as the jump and when he falls back down (which has fantastic easing and flow). The landing looks good, however, the attacks that follow look a little shaky and this could be because you went for muscle control Firecracker's known for. It's hard to replicate this until you've got easing and flow down, so I personally wouldn't recommend it until you've got more movement tests under your belt. You don't even need muscle control to get Elite so it's not worth worrying over until you're more comfortable. The attacks at the end are amazing and demonstrate great power and smoothness. The little blurs are a nice touch.

Overall, your full-bodies, effects, 3D, action, backgrounds etc. make your entertaining animations stand out from everyone. Movements have never been a strong point for you, but you've clearly improved a lot and they're definitely High Beginner. With the recent movement tests as well as the movements in BoG, they look Inters half the time and when they are, your animations look on the high end of Intermediate (if not, Veteran) thanks to all of the other aspects you have that other Begs and Inters don't. Your movements are getting better and if you make more movement tests you'll likely work out the kinks. You're a very promising animator and I admire your work ethic with the YouTube activity, stick pack, series you keep making, tutorials and timelapses, etc.

Keep at it man and I'm looking forward to whatever else you do. I hope my advice helps, and congrats for reading this far lol. :p
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby DON » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Thank you Jojishi, I've been thinking about that, but when i do the Flow Easing it becomes Snappy sometimes.
I always tend to make things shaky, and i always try to fix it later on but it's still shaky. and i don't know why.. LeL

Flame told me not to move each joint every frame, And i did, and i make animation less shakier than before. it kinda works.

The Movement test where catching ball, The feet needed to jump with that force, i think i just made it look like too powerful but to receive it, Also the next one to that the one where i tried to make kicks and flips, i'm not good at Lower body movements with out dragon balls "flight" power i still need to watch few realistic action movies or Taekwondo kicks to see how it would really work or maybe watch tekken attack combos.

The tyrant 3 where all characters look at the camera, has bad staging, Everyone is competing to be seen and the viewer either need to re-watch and or pause who is who and which is which.

Overall i'm really thankful that you gave CnC, I always remember the first time i asked you how to download pivot everytime you leave a comment to my videos, and how it started from all that.. Thank you (Btw coke didn't spill on my laptop)

Updated the Gif FPS in 2nd DBP RoF (Resurrection of F)
I joint with KB (killerbunny)
https://www.youtube.com/user/pivotprodbz
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Clies » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:42 pm

Ayyy welcome Lg, Those last two DBZ anims blew me away man, it's so dynamic and fun to watch (I envy those angles T_T) you've improved a lot since I lasted checked your stuff.

Keep it up!
CliesOffline
S.M.O.T.Y
S.M.O.T.Y

Postby FireBind » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Sifter wrote:For a long time I thought that I could do on my own without relying on none but my criticism, but that had proven to be wrong, after I had decided to show my work to others; then I improved the fastest. I'm telling you this because, by joining the community, whether you'll like the fact or not, you will start to improve like never faster, given the appropriate cc—our staff are very good at that.

Now, you're definitely borderline intermediate, if not already there. I can see some effective simplicity in your movements, yet they still need some refinement. If anything, it must be that you need to work on exaggerating your poses a bit more for the sake of believability by squashing and stretching your lines of action according to the given situation. The other thing is your visuals. Sometimes you use transparency in ways that make things look 'muddy' in that, you want to make it look like shading, but end up with a portion of overlapping transparent figures that fail to serve any purpose, like the earth sphear in space scene in your GOku vs Beerus animation(first spoiler on your list).
Spoiler:
I tried to roughly recreate it in Photoshop, after establishing the setting in Pivot, just to see how much difference would using an extra software make. Never hesitate to use an extra software, if you feel like pivot is holding you back from reaching what image's in your head.

All in all, you're pretty decent, so just work on exaggeration in your posture, and appeal in some of your backgrounds. Keep 'em coming!

Damn Right (thumbsup
FireBindOffline
ORIGINAL
ORIGINAL

Re: Lg59 to DON [March 23,2017]

Postby DON » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 am

March 2017
Mar 23(Stopping this I can't i'm too late for the party and i'm just throwing ideas..) c-Chris
Spoiler:

Mar 10(WIP)
Spoiler:
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby MrZenox » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

ahah, it's not bad, you must use easing, easout, and try to add some inbeetween, the gun dance look pretty cool but on the beggining the left leg seem broken and there is a lot of stiffy mouvement, DON you can do a very cool animation, long, with story board, effect, background,3D,full body... all you need is to take more time at the animation, one frame must take 1min, not 10 sec, at the end, try to adjust somes things, i gess you can be vet if you make smooth animations... exept this, i like it a lot! (thumbsup
MrZenoxOffline
Active
Active

Postby Raymond » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Holy shit Don, those recent two were so creative! I love the space effect in the first one and how it zooms in on the default stick figure's head. Seriously that's a pretty original idea. It's a shame you won't continue it.

I am blown away at the gun dance though. It started off somewhat bland, and I wasn't sure where you were going to take it, but you put more energy into him as the dance went on and I think that adds it's own special thing to it. Especially when he busts out the second gun, right before the animation ends, he was really getting into the groove. It's a shame this one isn't finished either.

I took a look at all your animations. You have some really good stuff. Your DBZ animations are very detailed, I like the full bodies (I'm not sure if you made them), but you have a lot of potential. If you iron out some of the shaky parts [really there aren't that many in your recent animations] you could easily reach vets.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby elixir » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 pm

the space effect is kleen
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby FireBind » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:15 am

DON wrote:------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 2017
Mar 23(Stopping this I can't i'm too late for the party and i'm just throwing ideas..) c-Chris
Spoiler:

Mar 10(WIP)
Spoiler:

Woow, woow, you are getting better and better, keep it up man! (thumbsup
FireBindOffline
ORIGINAL
ORIGINAL

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall