Judefekter here from 8 years ago. Making a small return!

Make yourself known here!

Judefekter here from 8 years ago. Making a small return!

Postby judefekter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi lads!

So i recently started animating again after taking a huge break for some years after deleting my channel. I uploaded a video to Youtube
phpBB [video]
but oooh boy was i in for a ride. I knew Pivot kept getting smaller since some of the people i talked/did joints with quit pivot (Ex de8struction, xpivotgracex, pivotpro333). It feels so dead. I regret now deleting my channel with my subscribers cuz now you're pretty much desperate for feedback lol. And did anyone remember "Thewtfforum" ? What happened to that? In other words, what happened to Pivot at all? It was so much fun back in the day, i guess it's just not the same anymore or everyone grew up/moved to other animating programs. Anyways it's good to be back and i hope i can find some lads here to just have some fun and do some joints.

Cheers!
judefekterOffline

Re: Judefekter here from 8 years ago. Making a small return!

Postby Koolcid » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:21 am

Pivotpro333 is Jojishi hes still kickin.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Jojishi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey judefekter, welcome to our forum!

As Koolcid mentioned, I'm PivotPro333 and I still animate. Unfortunately I had to take a break from November when I re-tore a muscle in my back, but I'll hopefully animate again soon. If you haven't seen it, I released DBZ 4 in 2014.

That's interesting that we jointed since I don't remember that. Did you have a different name?

Regarding WTFTeam, activity dwindled in 2012, so we merged with other forums called Shuniu and Pivot_Forum (I think) and the new site was to be called "Animuse". Instead, it kept the Shuniu name and was managed by Keli. Shuniu's activity declined and it was shut-down a few years ago when server fees weren't paid.

Pivot's situation is a question many are asking, but I've pinned it down to some things:
  • Animators getting into Pivot during the PivotMasterDX craze aren't animating anymore. Pivot's peak popularity was a decade ago.
  • Emergence of social media has put forums in an identity crisis where they aren't the main form of communication.
  • People prefer using mobile devices over laptops/desktops they can animate on. This favours consumption over creation.

It's not solely the Pivot community since Newgrounds is going through a similar thing and Tom Fulp (founder of Newgrounds) even discussed this on reddit. Pivot has settled into a niche place in animation (animation itself is a niche art-form) now that the PMDX days are well behind us. Back then, everyone animated with Pivot.

I hope this clears things up. It's fantastic that you've returned since you'll have fun animating in Pivot again as well as being active on YouTube. It's definitely harder to get noticed due to the sea of people/content there now, but it can still be done (we've had success with the new TheDarkDemon channel). Remember to make a thread in Beginners Hall, have fun and thanks for reading this far. :p
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby judefekter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:31 am

@Jojishi Hey man! First off i wrote joint/talked, and i think we just talked actually, we didn't do any joints. I remember it cause you commented on my video like 7 years ago but that was like a huge deal for me lol. My name back then when we talked last was only Judefekter. It was a Buu vs Goku/Vegeta animation. I hope you liked this video man since i got my inspiration from you! I've always got it from you even 7 years back. I've honestly lost all my skills in animating comparing myself from 7 years ago, but it feels good to be back and animate for fun. Sorry about the back damage, i'm a personal trainer so i've had a few clients with back injuries! Also shame to hear that about the wtfteam they had some nice collabs. And ofcourse i have seen your part 4! I'm still waiting for that part 5 man. Honestly you inspire so much but at some points it feels so hard to continue animating when you've lost your flaw and people are so much better who kept animating.

Thanks for commenting man :))
judefekterOffline

Return to Entrance Hall