Tittle says all

https://postimg.io/image/d97aiv6vl

https://postimg.org/image/vrt70h3cz

https://postimg.io/image/xi60yts3f

i want to learn how to do animate animals and humans movements
Fed.EOffline

Re: Fed.E´s

Postby Hypo » Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 pm

heh wasn't expecting that at all before opening those links x)

The first one looks good, the body seems evenly spaced and smooth; the same goes for the fins so, good job!

The second one tho, is lacking some anticipation, both on the bite, and on the walk.
It'd be nice if he'd pull his head back before bitting, and maybe take a smaller step before starting to walk faster. It'd also help if there were a few ease-in frames in those actions.

The same goes for the third animation. The fox just kinda starts to run.
Both of the characters look good once they're in the run cycle tho, so gratz on that!

If you're just focusing on the cycle, I'd advise you to either start with the character offscreen and having them walk in and out; or just having them centered on the screen. you'd have to make 'em loop tho.

I noticed you signed in the stick-making competion, so I'm guessing you made these stks. If so, props, they look cool :)
it seems you have some grasp on the basics from the run cycles on those characters, so all you gotta do is to just keep at it!
HypoOffline
Active
Active

Postby matterkins » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

the first one was really shaky
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Fed.E » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Fed.EOffline

Postby Bullzeye » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:10 am

by seeing ur animations i can clearly see that u are animal animator, and that is very difficult i can tell u, cuz they have all those motions, like u have to keep moving there tail at all times, u have to ease a lot so that the animation looks like it was a big dinosaur that u animated, or it will feel like it is just a small chick of a dino. an animal is not like a normal person, first u make one movement, then u ease, then make the next movement, until u are trying to actually try making a dino fight. even then u have to ease after one attack.

talking about ur animation, they lack almost al the basics. the feets arent fixed to the ground, the movements are shaky, the tail is stiff, the neck is stiff. there is spacing problem. if i take ur ovi anim, i dont understand what it tried to do in the start, if u want it to scream, u need to bring down the neck, the body, fold the legs a bit rather than keeping them stiff, make a long screaming motion of a up and down going head every frame [ i have my animations on my laptop, so i will add a clipping later on, if i remember, i made a man screaming, u could find that on my thread, it can tell u how to do it but i will try to make a screaming animation] and the arms will go back towards the torso, kinda like when a kid screams. after that when the dino or bird starts walking the legs arent fixed to the ground, use this method to fix that.
now if we look at the back of the dino u can see a very bumpy way of moving, thats not how a dino or a bird would walk, it should look smooth, the bumps will only be present when it lands its foot, that should be smooth too. ease the land, and start a new movement.

about the sticks, they are awesome. u could showcase them in the pivot chat or resource section and u might get some reviews, but even so it nice to look that ppl still want to create sticks by themselves. whereas ppl like me, unskilled or lazy go around asking for the sticks lol!

anyway, keep animating. these do look promising.
A tip, try actual stick animations, once or twice. u can reach higher with that, cuz that is a very easy way to learn some basics. u can try a tailed stickman for easy tests as well.
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Fed.E » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 pm

reading yours tips, this i´ve got