Mage's Animation Collection!

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Mage's Animation Collection!

Postby Mage » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:01 am

rant
Spoiler:
deleted this because i forgot i had this on my page and I was wondering why people were talking about rants n shit
goofy goober

Come one, come all!

Welcome to Mage's Animation Collection!

Actual Animations

None right now, but they'll be here later.

Eh.

Don't count on it.

Test Animations

Think I've still have the idea down, now I just need to find a way to use it..
Spoiler:

STIFFNESS INBOUND! (and messed up arm animations!)

Spoiler:

I really wanna learn how to punch like firecracker, someone please fix up his forum post.. ;n; (I'M LOOKING AT YOU GARY HNNNNNNNG)
Spoiler:

Gunshot time! (looped it thx)
thanks flame for showing me how to make a proper gunshot even though you really didnt because i looked at your (literally hecking hilarious) gun animation
Spoiler:

first and (hopefully) last dbz animation i'm ever doing, ever. dbz is a topic wayyy too overused.
Spoiler:

My friend wanted me to make a much better version of this, so he got what he wanted.
Spoiler:

wait gary was there supposed to be a limit on the vibration for snap anims? shit.
Spoiler:

punch, knee, grab, grab, knee.
Spoiler:

i don't know why, but i have a soft liking for hammers now
Spoiler:

whooshy!
Spoiler:

Constructive criticism is really needed, thank you guys!
(Also, I know I need to work on my easing and punching.)
Last edited by Mage on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My Thread
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy check out my threaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd
thanks bb <3
MageOffline
Active
Active

Re: Animation list!

Postby Mage » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:03 am

Update:
Spoiler:
My Thread
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy check out my threaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd
thanks bb <3
MageOffline
Active
Active

Re: Mage's Animation Collection!

Postby Mage » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:52 am

Update #2?:

My Thread
thanks bb <3
MageOffline
Active
Active

Postby some nooby animator » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am

Ok, you want constructive critism (curse my spelling) you get it. All right, first i would recommend Mitch's tutorial. There is a lot of stuff there.
Second, you got to work on the poses. They look lazy. Third work on the stiffness, how stiff your characters are makes the animations look like you didn't put effort at all. Fourth, your reactions. And fifth, you gotta work on the easing there. The characters are moving at the same rate.
This is how i see it.
1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
It should be like this.
1-1--1---1----1----1---1--1-1
That way, it looks much better. That's all i can give you.
I see you looked at my signature (insert lenny here)
some nooby animatorOffline

Postby some nooby animator » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 am

btw sometimes i see some snappy movements
I see you looked at my signature (insert lenny here)
some nooby animatorOffline

Postby Mage » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm

alright. i'll keep that in mind when I animate again. thanks, man!
My Thread
thanks bb <3
MageOffline
Active
Active

Postby Heklami » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 pm

they are stiff and the way to fix that is thinking of your stickman as if they are boneless they cant make sudden stops
HeklamiOffline

Postby Jack » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm

some nooby animator wrote:btw sometimes i see some snappy movements

There's an edit button, you don't need to double post.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Mage » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 am

heklami, that's very vague.
anyways, bump. read my rant. thanks. bye.
My Thread
thanks bb <3
MageOffline
Active
Active

Postby Meh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:03 am

:/ I'm come to TDD in late 2016 and I have learned on my own
You said the pictures are dead, so what, you just need to read the tutorial, READ it
And there are tons of tutorial outside TDD (just find some on YouTube)
You said you've been animating for 4 years, so how much time did you spend on ANIMATING, huh (seriously, PRACTICE)
(Bad English, sorry)
btw, tuna is open for mentoring
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 am

yea i can mentor you if you'll stop blaming everyone else for how shitty you are, you fucking child, jesus

you will get good with practice. and i can help you out if you wanna hit me up on discord (check the mentoring thread for details)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am

Excuses and ranting won't help you to improve. Learning by doing man.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Gary » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:20 pm

"alright, so here's the first thing. i have literally no idea what to do. i'm really discouraged, every tutorial is literally broken and everyone else is too lazy to make new ones, and everytime someone gives cnc they basically have no idea what they're saying, and they're literally telling people what forum to look at when they haven't even looked at it themselves. dead domains like i.minus.com, and filz.us; are absolutely terrible. can you guys just like, delete the threads or something?"

first of all, if you want a good tutorial that's going to help you, we have a really good tutorial made by Mitch that will teach everything you need to know for getting out of beginner's hall.
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=665

Also, here's a list of tutorials that are still perfectly fine for helping people in the tutorial section:
-Firecracker's Combat Tutorial
-Crono and Werez's Big Ass Tutorial
-Wraybies' Acrobatic Tutorial
-Anton's Stickmaking Tutorial
-Wraybies' Mini Line of Action Tutorial
-Zucchini's Study of Animation Tutorial
-Krust's Bouncy Style Tutorial
-Caleb's Useful References
-Every tutorial Andrew has ever posted
-Coweetie's Colorful Sprite Guide
-Oblivion's 100% Objective Tutorial
-Sasuke's Skateboarding Tutorial
-DD15's Basic to Advanced Tutorial
-Foley's Spacing and Poses Tutorial
-Franklin's Specific Spacing Tutorial

Tutorials that can be accessed and easily used by everyone: 15/16
The only one that cannot really be used or that helpful is Darren's, as most of the concepts he explains have been infinitely improved on since 2007.

So already your statement that every tutorial is literally broken is wrong, and you're just not utilizing the current tutorials we have that are actually helpful. We don't make new tutorials if the old ones are still valid and helpful. Even ones with the dead images are helpful, as most of them give a text explanation of what is going on with them.

"seriously. thedarkdemon is basically a place that follows the rule of "if you're here earlier, then yay. if you join after 2014, then you're absolutely screwed and it's impossible for you to learn on your own, and it takes weeks before someone comes and gives cnc on your thread. i nearly gave up, and checked my thread one last time before i gave up on animation altogether."

There are plenty of people who have joined after 2014 that have been moved up and improved. Here is a list of just a few of them:
-Pivot Gamer
- 私は黒です
-Lucyo Mikoto18
-Rix-Sama
-Dilz9015
-Gatashu
-Tol
-Clies
-Lizzard97
-Keens
-Style

All these guys were able to learn and improve enough to advance to Intermediate, either on their own or with our tutorials. Also, another fact is that you joined a week and a half ago, and you're complaining about your thread not receiving comments for weeks on end. Give it time and keep updating, and you will receive comments as you update. Complaining about not getting comments isnt going to give you comments, and you can always ask any of the rank team or staff for comments and advice, hence the name, "Rank Team." Also finally, I find it hypocritical how you say you're mad no one gives you CnC, but then you literally made a comment in Preston's thread saying you had no CnC.

"i'm asking for a mentor. if nobody can teach me, then i see no reason to continue animation. it's a shame how i see people's animations and I just look at mine, and i feel like crying from the cringe. it's also a shame how i've been here for less than a month, and i'm about to quit. i'm really hopeless, aren't i?"

90% of the animators here didn't have a mentor or have anyone teach them animation. Hell, unless you go to school specifically for animation, this isn't going to happen. Almost everyone here took what advice they were given when animating, and improved upon what aspects of the animations they made that they see unfit. If you believe you need someone else to point out the flaws in your animations and you won't point them out yourself to try and improve upon them, you are not going to go anywhere. You should see other people's animations as inspiration or motivation to keep on trying to improve yourself, not cry over the fact that they are better than you. The only hopeless thing about you is this incredibly unnecessary rant.

"whatever. i can't punch, and i can't do anything related to making my animations look good. i've been animating for four years, and there hasn't been any improvement. and i'm seeing people's other animatons from 2014, and then i see their 2016 animations, and it's like watching sifter's animations, dude. i really wanna be like him, but i'm not gonna be able to live for a century.

goodnight."

This kind of attitude is exactly why you aren't going to improve. If you do not believe you can improve, you won't.

And finally, I'm going to talk about your signature.

"^none of that old thread bullshit. i'm trying to get good here, but there's nothing to do. i'm asking you to go there. i don't care about your argument, i don't care about your intent. i want you to read that rant, and i want you to find some valid way to combat what i'm saying. if you can prove me any way wrong, i will sit down."

First of all, there is a ton you can do. You can work on your spacing, work on your poses, and understand how to properly use the very basics of animation before going on. Believe it or not, Darkdemon isn't the only place to learn about animation and how to improve at it. The internet is a very big place, with a lot of resources. Second, you contradict yourself in the signature. You say you don't care about our arguments, but you want us to argue with you? Come on man, at least make sense in what you're saying at the very least.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby elixir » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm

4 years what
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Heklami » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

I wish I can see myself on the list '' There are plenty of people who have joined after 2014 that have been moved up and improved. Here is a list of just a few of them:
-Pivot Gamer
- 私は黒です
-Lucyo Mikoto18
-Rix-Sama
-Dilz9015
-Gatashu
-Tol
-Clies
-Lizzard97
-Keens
-Style''
HeklamiOffline