YouTube Channels

Post your media interests here.

YouTube Channels

Postby Daniël » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey there, are you like me and do you spend way too much time on YouTube? Even to the point where you don't know what to watch anymore sometimes so you refresh your homepage or start clicking random video's that don't even really interest you? Excellent!

For real though, I do spend too much time on YouTube, but some channels make it seem less like a waste of time. I'm here to share some of these channels with you and I'm hoping you guys will do the same. I'll even give some star-ratings, so you really know what to check out.

Educative
Kurzgesagt - In a nutshell [⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆]
This used to be one of those hidden gems, but I just checked to see their subscription count has exponentially exploded since then. They make fantastic informative video's accompanied by great animation. Check out their new one on CRISPR, but really check 'em all out.
Vox [⋆⋆⋆⋆]
When they're not concerning themselves with political things, Vox is super informative and viewer friendly. Would score higher if it wasn't for their feminist and political stuff, which they seem to be doing less now luckily.
ColdFusion [⋆⋆⋆⋆]
He takes a subject, often to my personal interest like AI, Elon Musks ventures or how big Disney really is (spoiler: very big) and goes quite in-depth.
Bite Size Psych [⋆⋆⋆]
Even though the titles are quite click-baity, there's some really interesting video's on this channel regarding the human psyche that you might be able to make good use of. Especially the video's on persuasion and bargaining are ones I found very intriguing.
Nerdwriter1 [⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆]
This channel is one that's also grown a lot recently. The creator makes video's about a subject, which can have a social-political subject or something within art, writing or movies. You can tell he does a lot of research for these video's and puts time and effort into writing and editing his video's. Definitely one of my favorite channels.
Ted-Ed [⋆⋆⋆⋆]
The animated educational video channel from Ted. Animations and information is just an impeccable combination if you ask me.

Entertainment
JonTron [⋆⋆⋆⋆]
I know you know him, but just in case you didn't; JonTron is awesome.
LazyPillow [⋆⋆⋆]
Like all animation channels, he doesn't upload that often, but these animations have just the right hints of melancholy and funny to be entertaining.
Bepler [⋆⋆⋆]
Some of you might know this guy through Hyun's Dojo or something. He makes some really original video's that are worth to check out. They make not suit you, but they also may suit you a lot.
i-D [⋆⋆⋆⋆]
They do some really interesting documentary-esque video's that are shot beautifully. I'm a fan of Grace Neutral exploring Korea and some other work. I do imagine a lot of people out there would find this channel pretentious or hipster or whatever, but I reckon it's worth checking out at least.

So that's that. As you might have guessed, some of my favorite YouTube channels are educational, because who doesn't like wasting their time on the internet and still learn something from it? I highly recommend you check out some of these, especially the 5-star ones. Hope you guys have some cool YouTube channels to share as well!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Re: YouTube Channels

Postby Llama » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Jontron is king.

Vsauce is good background noise for when I do something. VanossGaming is a just a bunch of guys screaming and shit but sometimes it can get really funny.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Brickyorchid8 [⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆]
This is my go-to gaming channel. He's been at it for two years now and he's come such a long way since. Does Lps that more often than not tend to make me laugh, League vids than don't interest me that much, but I'm sure they're great seeing how, according to the comments, they were the reason behind his success so far... But what really made me subscribe was this
phpBB [video]

I can see that he doesn't make any anymore, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the channel overall.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Extra » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:58 pm

>JonTron
>Not 5 stars
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Euclid » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:27 pm

....Who's JonTron?
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Gary » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:52 am

I mainly watch GameGrumps and Vinesauce. They're p good
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Daniël » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:17 am

Extra wrote:>JonTron
>Not 5 stars

He's just no in the same league as Nerdwriter and Kurzgesagt, man...
In my opinion of course.
TolSKIE wrote:....Who's JonTron?

If only there was a link somewhere.

Also guys, I'm sure you've got better things to share than just gaming channels!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Daniël » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Alright, I'm bumping this thread for 2 reasons.

First; disappointing is an understatement for the amount of input you people had in this thread.

Secondly, I just found out about this channel and Movies with Mikey is a fantastic series!
phpBB [video]
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jojishi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Sorry for the late reply. I injured my back months ago so I can't sit at a computer, and typing this one handed on mobile was daunting. I agree with the Kurzgesagt suggestion and I'll check those others.

Educative
D4Darious
An entertaining channel about film-making where he talks about screen-writing, cinematography and his experience working on films. Very informative yet easy to digest in a humourous and energetic format. Highly recommended.

Jeremy Jahns
Funny and entertaining movie reviews that are concise and give a brief overview, which can be preferable to drawn out in-depth critiques at times.

AlanBeckerTutorials
Animation tutorials from the animator of Animator vs Animation. Highly recommended to anyone studying animation due to high production quality and many animation examples. His 12 Principles of Animation series is essentially the guide in animated form. Ridiculously good.

Animation
Lg59
Pivot animator who uploads regularly and his animations are awesome. Loads of Pivot tutorials.

PivotDBSuperZ
Another Pivot animator who makes amazing full-body DBZ Pivots.

Michael Cusack
Zany, out of this world, hilarious animations. He still animates regularly and his Damo and Darren series is an uncanny representation of Australia.

ExplosmEntertainment
Professional and funny animations 3 times a week from the makers of Cyanide and Happiness. The weekly C&H is always good.

Newgrounds
It's Newgrounds on YouTube and they've been uploading weekly the past 4 months.

StickPage Studios
Stick-figure centric, high quality and they don't upload a ridiculous amount which puts me off Hyun's Dojo at times.

Misc.
brusspup
Mind-blowing optical illusions.

Peter Serafinowicz
Donald Trump... With a sassy voice over. :p

The Slow Mo Guys
Everything awesome. Even better in slow motion.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:52 pm

hmm. Ok. I'll just share the sort of channels I spend my time on:

[url]MrSuicideSheep[/url][⋆⋆⋆]
Great for chill dnb, sort of music and when I like to wander in my thoughts, so to say.
NoCopyrightSounds(NCS, for short)[⋆⋆⋆⋆]
They have an app where you can download uncopyrighted music to listed to and/or to use for your own projects (charge-free), and generally the music they feature is almost always good for my taste. Gave it 4 stars because it's very useful for those who constantly need music for their video projects without having copyright strikes.

Proko[⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆]
He mainly posts fine art lessons—90% of them are for free, but the remaining 10% are premium and you'll have to pay for as they're complementary tutorials with more detail covered on each lesson—and at the end of each one he assigns to do exercices, then makes a video to give constructive criticism to those who have done it, with paintovers. Personally, I wouldn't rely on his videos 100%, but they sure are entertaining.

BrotherBaston[⋆⋆⋆]
Does character design timelapses and various character design-related sorts of videos. His process is always the same, so unless you just want to kill time, you may just want to skip ahead.

Istebrak[⋆⋆⋆]
She does critiques and free(?) courses on various art-related things. Her videos can be fun, but they're very long.

Videos I spend my time on are 50% music, 45%art and 5% gaming.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Carl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:01 am

AfterPrisonShow - Dude who got released from prison records his experience trying to adapt to the society, also tells a lot of prison stories. Just an interesting channel I've found.

JustinGuitar - Great guitar teacher.

Marty Music - Another amazing guitar teacher.

Anomaly - Funny dude that likes to play Counter Strike and mess with his dad.

theneedledrop - Music reviewer or something. Listens to an album, gives constructive criticism and the rates it. Idk, I enjoy it.

I'll drop some more if i remember any
CarlOffline
Active
Active

Postby Daniël » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 pm

So I am a big fan of video essays, as you may have noticed, so here's another channel that I absolutely love: kaptainkristian
I would link to a video, but I feel like it's best to just see what he's already uploaded, pick out a topic that interests you and eventually like it so much that you end up watching all of his video's.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Daniël » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Found a new channel called Great Big Story, they make short documentaries about loads of different subjects. Really love all the stuff they do. I'm also a a bit of an Asia nerd, on which they have a lot of cool video's, so this hits a lot of good spots for me. Check 'em out!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:10 am

I usually only watch cowchop, funhaus, mde, dan bell, and a few music hosting channels like illhorse, dubstep classics, and djfriendly -- most of those are getting taken down for copyright tho
GageOffline
VIP

Return to Media