OGrilla's Easytoons

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

OGrilla's Easytoons

Postby OGrilla » Sat May 17, 2014 11:34 am

OGrillaOffline

Re: OGrilla's Easytoons

Postby XElite109 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Good to see you here bro but yeah dude in easy toons your easily vets man
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Cell » Sun May 18, 2014 4:40 am

Man, you're easytoons are great! (thumbsup (thumbsup
Great to see you here :)
Hey
CellOffline

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu May 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Jesus, these are great man! You're extremely good at Easytoon.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Gage » Thu May 22, 2014 10:53 pm

You're really good at this stuff, really hoping to see more!
GageOffline
VIP

Postby OGrilla » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:23 am

Update on the last animation.

Still have a lot of work to do. The worst of the background is all that's left and it's gonna be a task.

OGrillaOffline

Postby Daniël » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:16 am

Man, you've always made the most impressive EZToons. I'm really glad to see you around again. Have you considered moving on to Flash?

Also, wasn't it your birthday the other day? If so, happy birthday man.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Raymond » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm glad you took my advice and updated your thread!

The new one is so cool, I've always wondered how you do your shading in easytoon. I know there are different percentages you can use for the shading, but if you use the fill tool, there can't be an opening in the outlines. So I'm assuming you use the pen tool, increase the size, choose the percentage, and then shade in an area. It's even more impressive that you panned the background at one point and had two different layers which move at different speeds. How did you do that in easytoon? Unless you just re-drew the background each frame, but that seems very unlikely since everything keeps the same proportions.

Another thing I like about this animation is how you kept the people moving very slightly even when in a stationary position. It looks kind of shaky, but in a good way since it makes things look less static. Do you just re-draw the figure each frame for that effect or is there an easier way to pull that off?

I can't really give you much advice on what to improve on. Your pushing easytoon to the limits with animations like these. Do you plan on creating a background for the scene with the bird?
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby OGrilla » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:39 pm

It is still my birthday, Daniel!lol

Thank you for the compliments and for the birthday wishes.

I played with Flash once upon a time, but I'm trying to keep everything freeware and legal now. I don't have access to Flash, nor do I think my computer could handle it, lol. Not the latest version...

Raymond, there are quite a few tricks to EasyToon and I'm actually in the middle of making a Tutorial for The EasyToon Place showing how to play with multi-layered backgrounds. It's quite technical and far from easy, which brings me satisfaction to see it complete. :)

The gradients are fairly simple once you get the hang of them. Yes, you have to have the shape entirely closed, especially since the Undo button doesn't seem to work for gradients... But you can also use the brush at size 2 or 3 to quickly fill things in if you want a sketchy look, like my bird.

I definitely intend to finish the background behind the bird, but I'm going to now have to zoom in on a multi-layered background, which means I will be redrawing every single frame. The background so far is several images stitched together in a separate file which is larger than the canvas size of the animation. I copy/paste and move it into position for the pan effect. I actually drew more background than I needed, just in case, so it doesn't look like I was trying to fill in the edges.

I'm glad you enjoy it! I think there are further limits to push, however! haha
OGrillaOffline

Postby Raymond » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:58 pm

I am really excited for that Easytoon tutorial. I have no clue how to use multiple layers in that program, other than doing it the hard way, so that is going to be really nice. I didn't even know there was an easy way to do it. Be sure to keep us updated on your progress. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Mori » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:56 am

You're quite good at eztoon.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby OGrilla » Fri May 27, 2016 1:12 pm

100 animations in 10 years.

This is all I have to show for the past year...

OGrillaOffline

Postby Raymond » Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Hey OGrilla! It's good to hear from you! I still remember being in awe at how good you were with Easytoon. You were someone I looked up to when I first started animating 7 years ago. Do you still moderate TheEasytoonPlace? I used to post there as DemonKilo but activity dropped over the last couple years and it's not often I see a new post. It's a shame because I remember a lot of really good Easytoon animators posting on that forum.

I like your new animations. It looks like you have some rust, but that's understandable since you've probably taken a break from animating. We have some decent activity here since summer break is closing in. Even if no one else really acknowledges you animations, please keep posting them. It's nice to see what you're up to. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby OGrilla » Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 pm

Thanks, Raymond. I do have to bust some rust...

I'm admin at the Place, but it is very thoroughly dead. We average a couple dozen posts a year. And that's including comments.... I miss all the good old EasyTooners, but they've obviously moved on to better things.

I forgot I had another animation to show.

This was 10 months ago.
OGrillaOffline

Postby Finom » Tue May 31, 2016 6:47 pm

I can't exactly describe how you made me feel, it was a strange sensation of joy, nostalgia, oldness, and yet so reviving. Please, never ever leave us. You're clearly one of the oldest oldies, with a gift in the way you animate, and even if the story doesn't make too much sense, your movements bring purpose to animation. Have a good day, and even if you're reading this in your 80s, then have a good life. Keep pushing boundaries and living life the way you feel. (heart
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Next

Return to Freestyle