Ideas Thread

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Ideas Thread

Postby Anton » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:20 pm

I think something cool can be animated about this place.

Imagine a hell's gate with a captcha as entrance, in the main room, there is a circle of 4 red guys, and behind the circle,
3 green dudes are holding a hammer. and 8 orange guys holding a sword.
There is one grey dude holding a wrench too.
Not to mention saturated blue guys and darker blue guys, who are pretty famous around here.

When a new guy comes on, he's unsaturated blue. He can withdraw a pact somewhere and spill 5 drops of blood. Then he becomes purple.
If he drop way more blood, he turn cyan, and everyone show him respect.

But i can't figure out how it will be animated.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Anton » Sun May 04, 2014 5:03 am

Alright, this place needs more ideas.
Suitable for beginners.

What about a fighting storyline between a fresh pupil and its master. The pupil is destined to be stronger than everyone... That's what he always thinks at least.
However, the pupil has no special powers, neither the master.

First anim : The pupil is wandering around, seeking for a teacher who may accept him. After some failures, a teacher accepts, because he reckognize some potential in him.

First fight, only fists. The pupil gives everything in the first contact, the master dodged without problem and knocked him down. After some motivational speech, he gets up and managed to hit him once. And then it's a direct KO punch for the weak guy.

wooden sticks fight. The master don't use his weapon, just jumping on his opponent's, while mocking him.
The pupil falls in rage and broke his stick in two pieces. The master used his stick to counter the incoming attacks and beat the pupil again.

Training sequence. Both guys have to deal a maximum damage on a dummy.

Etc ... : The more these two guys fight, the more equal they get, when you feel it's time for the last fight, then you know what to do.

I think this isn't doubleposting. (wink2

13 May : Something that i need to write somewhere. This seems like the perfect place. (happy2
I want to animate the final episode of the first chapter of Half Minute Hero 2.
Yusha, An emo looking hero got his angel wing cursed, it turned black and it's casting a spell that will destroy the world. (in 30 seconds, the timer would stick in the middle-top of the screen)
Only his death would seem to stop the destruction, so he's trying to fight every strong guys in his path, with no weapon nor specific armor (he's not naked though)
But it's no use, he one-shots all his opponents as he get touched by anything.
Suddenly, A big sky-blue crystal shatters somewhere, and a guy with a hood and a sword comes out. He faces the cursed hero after finding him running around.
And he manages to cut off the wing.

But it's hard to animate wings, so this will remain as a simple idea.
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Caleb » Sun May 25, 2014 11:56 am

Stickmen with defaults as weapons, call it default fencing.

Then there's this idea I've had for ages called "An Apple A Day" which would be a mom giving a kid an apple with the ever so wellknown saying to follow when the kid's disappointed it's not candy. Then the kid gets hit by a car when he looks at his apple or plays with it or whatever while crossing the street and dies.

These are things that are way on the back of my plan for things to animate though. I have dozens of ideas, but spoiling them all would mean my next half year of updates or so on my thread would be seen in this post. So yeah, feel free to use these ideas, I don't mind.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Waffles Mgee » Sun May 25, 2014 12:21 pm

The thing I want to animate most will probably be a big ol' project and I want to achieve some shit before I ever start it. Mainly Veteran, but for it I need to be better at backgrounds, movements, effects and cinematics. I think if I improve all them I'd get vets anywho.

The idea is called "Jaegerfall". It's like Titanfall but instead of humans against humans, it's humans against aliens in a war. And the aliens come in several sizes, mainly "small"- human sized- and "big"- titans sized. So humans have titans and they can call them down, yadda yadda

then the third size of alien- "allow me to tuck my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye"- comes up and the protag guy in a bit of a custom Titan goes all first-person, the screen glitching a little. He flips up a cover showing a red button, and he hits it, making the screen glitch to black, with the words "Get Ready For Jaegerfall" appear slowly, after that it'll cut to a giant fucking shell hit the earth and reveal a headless Jaeger (Pacific Rim, yee) that picks up the custom Titan, place it inbetween its shoulders and have it merge with the body as the head.

Then ofc they'll fucking fight and shit will feel collossal. I may never achieve this with pivot, but it's an idea I'll always keep with me. I AM going to Uni for character animation so me actually doing this idea at some point is a good possibility.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Chris » Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Pivot Tarantula vs. FLLFFL. That is what i'm doing. like a round 2.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Cheese » Fri May 30, 2014 7:33 pm

A fight of any kind, with any character you like, but every time they blink, the style/detail level changes, for example,
First scene is with no color and default characters.
First blink, bases, a simple few lines of a background, nothing flashing out here.
Second blink, better background, slight expierimental effects.
Third blink, background is in color with good detail, and good coloring, and the fight is faster paced and there are good effects, until one of them dies, and the background goes white, and both of them turn back into default stickmen, in odd positions
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Mitch » Fri May 30, 2014 9:15 pm

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:A fight of any kind, with any character you like, but every time they blink, the style/detail level changes, for example,
First scene is with no color and default characters.
First blink, bases, a simple few lines of a background, nothing flashing out here.
Second blink, better background, slight expierimental effects.
Third blink, background is in color with good detail, and good coloring, and the fight is faster paced and there are good effects, until one of them dies, and the background goes white, and both of them turn back into default stickmen, in odd positions

I'm doing this one.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cheese » Fri May 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Here's a short example for you.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Kompressor » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 am

was thinking of reanimating this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P1Xo4soSQA&feature=kp

pretty much Dio's combo from JoJo's Bizarre. There's a full video of every single persons combo, I should be able to find it if anyone is interested.

I went through a lot of names, NoPivot4You, Banned, Fate, Ponyo
KompressorOffline
Determined
Determined

Postby Waffles Mgee » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Here's something guys, hear me out here:

what if, like,

Robots.

They're underdone to hell.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Ashero » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:39 pm

That's because you took that role.

I was thinking of a dance-off in zero grav. After one stick won, the other would start beating on him, and there would be a fight, still in zero g, but the more they fight, the more skills they get.
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby Anton » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:51 pm

When i was 8, i drew a story about a red button. Each time a guy pressed it, every other living thing could not rotate any limb, but still were shifting due to inertia. Then the guy looks around and laughs.
One guy got addicted to button pressing after a while, and in the end, he got crushed by all the weight accumulated by gravity while he was pressing that button. (Uuuh, how to explain why ? I don't remember, but i swear it made perfect sense back then.)
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Rashboo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:43 pm

How about drawing every frame? Seems new concerning pivot. I'm not sure about it, I heard McToast does it.
RashbooOffline
Hello
Hello

Postby Bullzeye » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 pm

I loved that rain idea i want too make it as a joint with some high beg
Anyone interested
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Theropod » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm currently animating a tournament which works exactly like the World Cup, except it's not football, but just fights instead. There will be 64 matches, and I've done 20 so far. I'm aiming mainly for animation consistency, since doing my best would take way too long and I would likely give up.
TheropodOffline

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Chat / Resources