Video Editing Program

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Video Editing Program

Postby Gifgiff » Sun May 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey Olix! Long time no see!

If you don't mind a bit of a learning curve, Blender has a video editor that should be capable of everything you need it to do. I haven't used it much myself, but it's been used in many professional production pipelines, so it should be fairly full-featured.

Here's a 23 minute tutorial about using Blender for video editing (aimed at new users):
http://processdiary.com/video-editing-i ... roduction/

Like the rest of Blender, it's designed around getting stuff done quickly rather than being super friendly to new users, but I reckon you could get the hang of it in an hour or so if you use the setup in that video tutorial. Basic stuff like inserting a video or audio file can be done by dragging the files onto the timeline, so it shouldn't be too bad. Have fun! If you've got any questions, I might be able to help.
GifgiffOffline
Active
Active

Postby socks » Wed May 28, 2014 1:05 pm

DragonCheesecake wrote:
-luka wrote:Macromedia Flash 8! It's cool! U can do other crazy shit with it!

thats not free man

try windows movie maker

Technically, Macromedia Flash 8 is a owner less program. It's not being made anymore and is discontinued, making it fully legal to acquire without purchase.
Adobe Flash CC is the new Flash model, and similar to Flash 8, but it costs money.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Waffles Mgee » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:18 am

I use Windows Movie Maker for stuff but I want to be able to have layers of sound, since if you want to add sound effects to an animation chances are a lot of them's going to overlap, especially if you want background music.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Previous

Return to Freestyle