Pivot/Stykz history in chronological order, thank you guys

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Infos about DD/Pivot History needed

Postby Coweetie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:43 pm

brutel wrote:it's gonna be inaccurate because you weren't there. you don't know the significance of certain things before you joined, so you might pass over them unknowingly.

most of the nostalgia from old dd is simply members and events that probs can't be represented in a pivot animation.

that`s why I am asking :)
but I thought about letting history of DD aside anyways, I thought about building everything up on PA`s story.. and add DD as forum tht grew beneath it.
There wouldn`t be a big story of DD then,therefore no big mistakes. The historyy thread of PA helped alot to learn about the story of pivot,which was important to me.

most of the nostalgia from old dd is simply members and events that probs can't be represented in a pivot animation.

I undertand that, and somewhere it`s good that not one big catastrophe after another happened here. PA had quite alot.

I guess I don`t need much more informations by now, I might ask some people I want to involve about the style of their look in my animation (as long as they`re active,and interested)
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:35 am

I didn't find hints or something I could add on few characters, yes sorry- the search enginge on a.net is dead. and droidz didn't put out something.

Basically just need anything for slashed and jon, maybe someone of oyu has a good idea- i don't want to make something up from my mind only, it would be nice if i could add something that other recognize too.

these are the figures by now i have, if you're interested: http://www.animtube.net/userfiles/Coweetie/ded0.png

e.nevermind,got what i need :D
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Re: Pivot /forums history in chronological order, thank you

Postby Coweetie » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 pm

I want to say thanks to everyone who was posting informations about the forums histories-
I made a "clear" list of events in chronological order to say thank you to everyone who helped me. everything based on opinion was let out (for example: "the change of the admins drastically changed the forums life") because i wanted the list to be as information only (by now).

It is not a list full of DD events, but a list of what pivot went through, along with stykz.
Spoiler:
August 2004

Peter Bone invents Pivot and creates the Pivot MSN Group.
The Group gets thousands of Users.
Source: http://www.pivotanimation.org/forum/vie ... ?f=33&t=17

September 2004

The MSN Group gets attacked by spammers, posting thousands of tiny images, which caused a shutdown of the Group by MSN.

November 2004

Adam creates Darkdemon.org
Source of creation Date of Darkdemon: http://www.animator.net/forum/members/3-adam.html (Adams „joining“ date)

Spring 2005

Del/Michael reactivates the disabled MSN group, not intentionally for pivot but for his own purpose
Masses of people join again, saying how nice it was to see the site back.

Summer 2007

Ken (stykzman) creates Stykz
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stykz#Development

February 2009

MSN Groups shut down completely
Bunneh Wabbit imports the Group to pivotanimation.tk

November 2009

Stykz becomes part of Darkdemon.org
Source: http://www.animator.net/forum/announcem ... rship.html

March 2011

Adam retires
Molilla becomes the new webmaster of Darkdemon.org
Source: http://www.animator.net/forum/announcem ... owner.html

July 2012

last post of stykzman
Link: http://stykz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f ... 009#p53009

January 2013

Peter Bone invents Pivot 4
Source: http://www.pivotanimation.org/forum/vie ... =49&t=7639

April 2013

the stykz part of Darkdemon.org got removed due to inactivity
Source: http://www.animator.net/forum/announcem ... anges.html

May 2013

Mollila retires,
Darkadmin becomes the new webmaster of Darkdemon.org
Source: http://www.animator.net/forum/announcem ... apple.html

In May 2013, Darkadmin migrates darkdemon.org with animator.net
Source: http://www.animator.net/forum/announcem ... r-net.html

this took longer than it looks like :D
there arent much informations about DD's admins and mods, because i do not really know much about it. I guess you can browse through the source links yourself and see who were there.
If you would like to add something to the list, jsut let me know.
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 am

That list looks great! It seems like you've covered everything important in there and things seem organised as it is. I think you could add these though:

October 2013
Krusty (prominent Admin of animator.net) creates ArtAngle which is a site for artists. Lots of the staff migrated over.
Source

November 2013
The new Admin of animator.net is Raymond.
Source

December 2013
Entirely fresh set of staff now run animator.net.
Source

April 2014
Juke takes the initiative to start the new site, TheDarkDemon.com. He gets other staff and members to help him with it.
Source

So, I realise that's quite a lot of information there, but there have been so many important things which have happened to the place. Feel free to take only what you need, but April 2014 is definitely very important to this place. :)

The characters look great so far. I really like Atokniiro's hair. That's been said before, but I haven't mentioned that myself and well, it really does look nice! The Peter Bone stick-figure totally has the clothes I would expect. It looks great so far.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Coweetie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 am

thanks Jojishi, I somehow completely forgot about thedarkdemon.org's creation- it was part of my animation in my head all the time, but somehow didn't realize to put it on the list. xD

I've added all your stuff- I for myself don't need more informations (for my animation), I just would like to make the list a big compilation of history, since I really find it interesting.

I also thought about adding some dates of when certain people joined, and if they were known animators, adding their most known figures.
Adding joining dates was not possible for me for PA-users,since it got migrated alot of times which makes finding a joining date impossible..

there are ALOT of other stuff i didn't add yet, for example current animators or admins/mods when adam retired-this might be interesting too.
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:34 am

Axon wrote:paging Shad Shadson to write the full Darkdemon biography

You know people really want me to do this for some reason so I might actually do it one day. Doubt it but who knows.

But yeah he was paging me if you don't know who I am (wouldn't blame ya). Reason being I've been actively on DD since 2006 and lurking since mid-late 2005. And before that I was on the MSN PA group with people like Frozenfire and Bolt when he was called like Pivotastic or PivotMagic or something and PivotMasterDX and Stickid and people you've never heard of like Sh@wn all those aeons ago. Fraz used to be something like Fraz_Mctag101 or something. There was also Supdog101 and Werez used to be Werez_Da_Coek. Matt/BEER BEER STRONG was also known as Slashed_Rulez back then iirc, Because Frazah (not Fraz) Used to be SlashedGryffan who became Slashed blah blah blah. Also Pivot's Best. There's also the case of DD's ORIGINAL NAME, but for Skype's sake I won't get into that can of worms.

I doubt I'd be able to share anything important with you, and honestly to remember anything important that you could fit in your animation would take weeks just because my memory is shit, plus I'd rather not take away anything from liquidsword/skype/oldfags everywhere who wish to keep their tales to the whispers (kek).

I can tell you personally that me and Frozenfire were the first to find Pivot Animation back up because when I get bored I check old websites to see how they're doing, and it just so happened me and Frozenfire found it in the state it was with Del as the manager. Don't have to believe me, but I don't have a reason to lie to you, so...

Really wish I knew what Travis was doing nowadays, that insane fucker.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby The Black Mamba » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm not an "old fag" or whatever, but didn't Bert create the original DD? Correct me if I'm wrong.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:03 pm

The Black Mamba wrote:I'm not an "old fag" or whatever, but didn't Bert create the original DD? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah Bert did create the original DD and Adam took over as webdev and eventual owner when Bert didn't have time to deal anymore. They co-started it at first IIRC when they were talking about it for some reason, wish I could find Adam's writeup about DD's creation because it'd be really nice to have.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Josh » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Shad Shadson wrote:wish I could find Adam's writeup about DD's creation because it'd be really nice to have.

Is this it?
https://web.archive.org/web/20060614180 ... boutus.php
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Psyclon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 pm

brutel wrote:it's gonna be inaccurate because you weren't there. you don't know the significance of certain things before you joined, so you might pass over them unknowingly.

stuff:
bolts knex cyoa
(I think) jeff's bus cyoa
some banned members
a looot of inactive members that were cool
epyks
pokemon dd theme song
godly threads like vip pranks

also the post your dank and piece thread

POST YOUR DANK AND PIIIIIIIIIIIECE
PsyclonOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Psyclon wrote:

stuff:
bolts knex cyoa
(I think) jeff's bus cyoa
some banned members
a looot of inactive members that were cool
epyks
pokemon dd theme song
godly threads like vip pranks

also the post your dank and piece thread

POST YOUR DANK AND PIIIIIIIIIIIECE

Yay, someone remembers my thread.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Shad Shadson » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Minifrij wrote:
Shad Shadson wrote:wish I could find Adam's writeup about DD's creation because it'd be really nice to have.

Is this it?

That is actually it, thanks. I think it had its own page at one point but yeah this is it.
Only to sleep again.
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Coweetie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am

Minifrij wrote:

Is this it?

thank you, that is really nice. I didn't know that, I just assumed that adam was the creator- he was there for such a long time.

when did adam take DD then? does someone know? just like the thread was made...around 2006?
Also, is it THIS bert? i mean... THE Bert? who made darkbert and bertsticks and animations?

I will edit it in the timeline.
@shad, sharing good old times with others is not prohibited :) I got enough information to create something- the timeline in here is not for me but for everyone who has interest in some history
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Elliott » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

Let's help clear this up (thumbsup Adam was many things, but at 16 years old a wordsmith was not one of them!

Adam created the DarkDemon domain in late 2005, basing it off of his own internet persona (his forum username was originally DarkDemon), the domain housed a forum extension that was managed by Bert. Adam later created a portal that became the main site. Over time the forum became the main focus and the portal faded into the background before being shutdown.

Adam retired as an Admin part way through 2011, and a few months later sold the site to Mollilia. Despite having grand plans for the sites development Mika never had time for the more hands on nature of running a forum. Towards the end of 2011 it was agreed that we would split ownership of the forum, and that I would manage the community.

Part way through 2013 Mika realised that he would likely never achieve his original goals for the website and I had decided that a break was necessary - with these facts in mind the site was put up for sale and bought by Neon Signh, who is the current owner.

I can't stress enough that at the time, this seemed like a really good idea...

And then bam, the original Staff team created ArtAngle, and not soon after this place was formed.

Here endeth the lesson!

EDIT//
Thinking about it there's so much more... To start at the beginning you'd have communities like StickPage, StickSlaughter, PivotBest...

Also as a fun bit of trivia, the page description for the DarkDemon domain was frequently changing for reasons that escaped me, Adam let Admins and other high ranking staff/ ex staff members use the DarkDemon servers to host their sites, so the last description (and current one) is from Bolt's personal site.
ElliottOffline
Honorary

Postby Shad Shadson » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Elliott wrote:Let's help clear this up (thumbsup Adam was many things, but at 16 years old a wordsmith was not one of them!

Adam created the DarkDemon domain in late 2005, basing it off of his own internet persona (his forum username was originally DarkDemon), the domain housed a forum extension that was managed by Bert. Adam later created a portal that became the main site. Over time the forum became the main focus and the portal faded into the background before being shutdown.

EDIT//
Thinking about it there's so much more... To start at the beginning you'd have communities like StickPage, StickSlaughter, PivotBest...

Also as a fun bit of trivia, the page description for the DarkDemon domain was frequently changing for reasons that escaped me, Adam let Admins and other high ranking staff/ ex staff members use the DarkDemon servers to host their sites, so the last description (and current one) is from Bolt's personal site.

Thanks for clearing that up Elliot! I had just joined when that was posted and I never asked Adam about DD (rarely talked to Adam period) so yeah.
Baha's DD History kind of goes in depth about that (yeah PB and Pivotlords and Predator Designs and shit, not like I know about any of those besides Pivot's Best). I just knew Bert was the original/co-owner of something related to DD. Sorry for spreading misinterpreted facts :/.

The original Pivot Forum run by Bert was Pivotal Importance, correct? At least that's what I remember being told it was called.

You've definitely been around longer then I have and probably know more, so you're probably in better standing to talk about history then I am.
Only to sleep again.
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements