[Cheese's Pivot thread]

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

[Cheese's Pivot thread]

Postby Cheese » Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Newest Animation
Additional notes/comments

Everything else

Boulder
Gun thing
Invisible ground
Spooked
Just a dream
Stab
Splat

------------------------------------------------------------------
Some beginner stuff
Spoiler:

Even Older stuff-- Unorganized, vaguely goes oldest to newest(seriously dont even go back there).
Spoiler:
Last edited by Cheese on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 111 times in total.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Re: AbsolutelyChee'se animations

Postby The Black Mamba » Sun May 11, 2014 12:08 am

You have to log in in order to see the animation, not everyone has an account there. You can try a free image hosting site like imgur so more people can see the animation.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Reverence » Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 am

You can definitely improve. You need to watch the spacing, as there is a lot of shakiness. Foot placement was also off, look how shaky the feet are. The head seems to move backwards in bursts instead in one smooth backwards motion. The recoil from the gun was lacking power.

That gun flip was pretty smooth though xD
ReverenceOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Sun May 11, 2014 4:26 am

Hey man, looking pretty good. It's quite common for beginners animations to be really shaky and choppy but you've done a good job. What I mean by shaky is sudden changes of direction and choppy means inconsistency of spaces between each frame. But you've covered that pretty well actually. Your poses were mostly pretty solid. Poses are self explanatory, it's the position of the stick man in each frame.
The only thing I can think of really is that you could make the poses a little more dynamic (looks more interesting, slightly exaggerated, 'bigger, more spread out) and the recoil on the gun slightly more noticeable but otherwise it's impressive.
I think you'd benefit from reading chapter two of Mitch's new tutorial (still work in progress but chapter two is done) and if you wanted to, read further. But chapter two is the one that will most apply to you.
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=665
Good luck in future animations :)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cheese » Sun May 11, 2014 5:34 pm

((for some reason i edited out this post, but i said something bout how my choppiness was caused by low fps, somehow))
Last edited by Cheese on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby The Black Mamba » Sun May 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Slow fps rate doesn't cause choppiness.

Tuna wrote:Hey man, looking pretty good. It's quite common for beginners animations to be really shaky and choppy but you've done a good job. What I mean by shaky is sudden changes of direction and choppy means inconsistency of spaces between each frame. But you've covered that pretty well actually. Your poses were mostly pretty solid. Poses are self explanatory, it's the position of the stick man in each frame.
The only thing I can think of really is that you could make the poses a little more dynamic (looks more interesting, slightly exaggerated, 'bigger, more spread out) and the recoil on the gun slightly more noticeable but otherwise it's impressive.
I think you'd benefit from reading chapter two of Mitch's new tutorial (still work in progress but chapter two is done) and if you wanted to, read further. But chapter two is the one that will most apply to you.
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=665
Good luck in future animations :)

Lol, this is already being referred to.

I know :) I'm the first to do it. It's a good tutorial though
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Re: AbsolutelyCheese's animations

Postby Cheese » Fri May 16, 2014 9:18 pm

I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of animating.
Any feedback for my newest animation "Soccer head" would be appreciated! (:P
Last edited by Cheese on Sat May 17, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Re: AbsolutelyCheese's animations

Postby Jojishi » Sat May 17, 2014 10:33 pm

I can't spot much wrong with Soccer Head. You've got some smooth spacing, and you showed some flow in the animation which was cool.

One thing that could used a little work is the physics on the head. It seemed quite floaty at the start, but was fine in the scenes after it. After it bounced off the back of the grey guy, it would look best if it kept moving left instead of falling completely vertical. As it was it look like an invisible wall was stopping it.

Everything else was good. Real nice animation.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: [Cheese's animations] *Slowmo test*

Postby Cheese » Sun May 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Newest animations will now be featured in the title.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Re: [Cheese's animations] *Slowmo test*

Postby Reverence » Mon May 19, 2014 9:37 pm

In your slowmo test, that last kick looked a bit unrealistic. Instead of going towards us, make it go away from us (meaning behind the stickman), because the direction of it doesn't compliment the momentum from the first pick. Slow-mo was pretty good, the only suggestion I'd have is to move everything by ONE pixel in slow-mo, and in about 7-9 frames.
ReverenceOffline
Active
Active

Re: [Cheese's thread]

Postby Cheese » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Update-
I'm gonna start using my thread again since i dont get much responses in the beginner chat.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Cheese » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:51 pm

The older animations go from oldest to newest.
The ones with names in the older section are from back when i was new to this site.
I haven't updated this thread in a while, although this newest one is in 24 fps.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby The Specter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:33 pm

I wouldn't say that you've been losing your style, it just looks different at a faster frame rate. And to be honest you should probably keep it at 24 when you animate normally. This new thing looked nice and fluid but it was really abstract and kinda pointless. There's nothing wrong with silly poses but I don't really know what the point of the animation was. Like I don't know what you animated. I mean if its really satisfying for you to animate stuff like that I'm not going to tell you not to because this should be pleasing to you, but you said you posted here because beginner chat isn't giving you a lot of comments. But I don't think youll get much more here except for things about how smooth it is. I would recommend you animating something that resembles real life in the slightest. I'm sure you'll get more comments that way and can then use that feedback to make even more abstract stuff that's intermediate quality
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Cheese » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Update, I should've added this to my thread sooner.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Bullzeye » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 am

u need to work on poses and realisticity
high med beg i guess
courtesy
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places