Sifter | Illustration and Design

Drawn art, concept, photography.

Re: idraw

Postby Jojishi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:50 am

You've improved a lot since I last remember. It's great to see that the grid method is helping you a lot.

Digital Drawing 1
I like this one a lot. The hair is great. You dealt with it as a single mass instead of adding too many random spikes. All of the little strands at the bottom add a nice contrast in detail, so the design as a result looks quite appealing. The armour looks nice.

I thought the other ones were quite nice. They all have a nice design to them.

Hand Drawing 7
This looked very good too. I think your character design is quite good. The shapes have some cool angles and there's some nice visual interest. My eyes are mostly drawn to the legs though, so I'm not sure something is right. It could be that the rest of the figure has one general line of action, while the legs have a lot happening in them. It's a little distracting.

Hand Drawing 10
I like this drawing a lot. It's very visually appealing. Again, you did a splendid job with the hair.

Comic 1
This one's cool. I liked the second and third panels in particular though. With the diagonal line dividing them you've got this sense that there's action. Also, because there literally right next to each other it feels like the very instant where he's hit with the book is there. The timing is good as a result of this.

The rest of the panels don't have an interesting shape to them but they work. I thought it was a cool attempt at a comic.

Collab Banner
Awesome angle here. The low angle also gives the impression that the city's big. The diagonal direction of the pointing arm gives a sense of action. I think the eye on the right guy is not in the best spot... It looks more like a hole in the back of his head. The position of the neck and shoulders give the impression that it's a behind view of him. The eye needs to be at the very left of his head and the angle of his shoulders/positioning of neck needs tweaking to give the look you want (I assume).

The rest are cool. I like your drawings a lot. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby MCToast » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:42 am

Draw chicks and animals for 5-10 years, also go to figure drawing lessons and painting lessons. I'd also suggest before all this read few books and maybe learn a bit about the history.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:25 am

Jojishi, about the collab's banner, that wasn't an eye, it was a mouth. Anyway, Thanks for the comments, you guys. I really really appreciate it. I'll make sure more drawing will be on the way.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Kev » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:39 pm

MCToast wrote:Draw chicks and animals for 5-10 years, also go to figure drawing lessons and painting lessons. I'd also suggest before all this read few books and maybe learn a bit about the history.

this is pretty good advice lol

not too easy to get better (actually imo impossible without photographic memory) unless you're drawing with references
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am

Updated with 2 other sketches.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Waters » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:07 am

The self portrait was kind of cool looking from the neck up, try learning some anatomy man, it's really lacking.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby SIFTER » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks for the help, Mizu.
Anyway, I updated with a new comic test to see how far can I go with fighting scenes. Don't mind the imperfections because it's just a test.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: somewhat badass comic test (9/9)

Postby Daniël » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 am

That looks pretty rad! You should color it, just to see how it would work out.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Waters » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:28 am

I don't see how you can say don't mind the imperfections, what's the point of a test if not to learn from it?

You should start doing alot more gesture drawings, it really helps give your forms more movements, it makes them less stiff. And stiffness is your biggest problem.
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby SIFTER » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:40 am

Tests are not meant to be perfect and people are often stiff. Sorry, but this exact point appears to be invalid. I WILL gesture a lot more, though. Thanks for the advice.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Waters » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Sifter wrote:Tests are not meant to be perfect.

I didn't say tests need to be perfect I said they should still be able to give some sort of learning experience

Sifter wrote: people are often stiff

Not Stiff (NSFW) =/= stiff

Learn the difference.
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby MCToast » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 am

yeah, do that shapes flow thing. Focus on believability and that your drawing looks lively, like it's on the move. Just the form, nothing fancy, never.

Sketches/test aren't meant to be perfect, but your "tests" look like you tried to do a solid piece. You clearly haven't read a thing about anything, literally anything. As I suggested before, read a few books before telling people they are wrong.

Also your penmanship is horrible.

Also read the fucking books, it's the first step.
Last edited by MCToast on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Waters » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:43 pm

||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Re: I made another comic (30/9)

Postby SIFTER » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:07 am

Title explains it all. The comic is for some sort of a competition in Stickpage.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Artwork / Photography