animtube.net running again

Ask programming questions, get website feedback and more here.

Re: Animtube.net

Postby ipwnall » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Coweetie wrote:thanks for your inpit, ipwnall & tenks.
I always am open for new ideas for the design or logo, and I want to build the site on user Ideas.
the only thing I want to keep is the "A" of the logo and the basic color orange, everything else can be changed though.

If you have suggestions, just let me know. :)
I am currently trying to find a responsive template which I can modify then.
The A actually has quite a good design (except I would lose the two lines in the top left corner of the square, I don't see a point to them), but I think you'd be smart to scrap the rest and start from scratch.

I really think the #1 thing you need to work on is the actual design of the web page. If I were you I would take a look at some of the most popular hosting sites around right now and gather ideas from them. A color palette shift might be a good start too, I always found this site to be helpful: http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/mo ... -time/meta
ipwnallOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Coweetie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 am

I've changed the A now, and i am not sure about colors, since I want to keep it simple (the only color I want is in the logo though)
I had to change the whole template anyways due to shitty auto-updates from the main gallery, causing the detail-views to crash (blank page when you want to view an animation or your/someone's profile)
the new one is a responsive design, which i was already testing out on a subdomain. I have to change the private files store's plugin to something that isn't abandoned too.

but at least it is loading faster now and everything (or quite everything) is working again. I will move to one single uploadsystem soon, which will mean alot of work - but I don't want to use that joomgallery anymore, it's crap,sorry. the support is either not responding or if, weeks or months later with no helping content...... .----.
I am angry and sad, and disappointed that such a good rated plugin/module doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

that will mean, that i might can't seperate the animations in the profile anymore like it was before (like tabs for: animations/flash animations. this might be together in one tab then since it is the same system)

about the design: I simply put together simple stuff right now, it is still not a fix design. module positions (like "random animation" or your profile) can be changed- I am open there for changes.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby tuna » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Umm, Artangle is down? I just get a blank page when I enter it.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Josh » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Tuna wrote:Umm, Artangle is down? I just get a blank page when I enter it.

Animtube, lol. Coweetie is probably just doing some maintenance on it or something, she said she wanted to.

Also, sorry for being late, but creating short urls depends on how you store your files. You could probably just get a free server and use it just to redirect the user to the correct files. Again, the complexity of it depends on how complexly your files are stored.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby tuna » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:53 pm

oh, yeah sorry, I meant Animtube.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Coweetie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:26 pm

I was doing changes and the site was working fine.
I have to figure out why it is a blank page, not showing errors at all, even though I activated reporting everywhere. only thing i can see is the errorlog of the server, which doesnt give me any hint. so i am a bit stuck since 3 day<s or so. activating/deactivating the galleries/template/modules/comments/everything else.. helped, but the white page came back a while later (where before it worked well, it confuses me.)
sorry about that... still need to figure out what is happening...
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:05 am

it seems to be something about the template i was using, also the old one I used don't work anymore (even though they worked fine before) and the articles... i'll update asap I fixed it
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Josh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:10 am

Might want to fix this, is shows any time an image from animtube is on the page.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 am

I get that pop-up when I click on the link in your signature, Coweetie. Website under development?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Coweetie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Minifrij wrote:Might want to fix this, is shows any time an image from animtube is on the page.

I need to fix certain stuff before it can get back online.
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Re: Animtube.net- up and running

Postby Coweetie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:59 pm

animtube is back again- I improved some stuff, the template is responsive and the versions are all up to date now.

I decided not to change the uploading systems, since the system I use for flash uploads (which I wanted to use for ALL uploades later) can't produce static previews, somehow. and all uploads would be in one single list in the profiles.
by using the 2 systems, the gifs and swf files can be seperated though.

anyways, thank you for your patience, I couldn't do it faster since, you know, that real life thing.

I wanted to aks you guys if or where you could imagine some google ads... or if not google ads, what kind of sponsoring ideas would you be able to tolerate. I am putting more effort (and money for the flash upload system and the domain hosting) in this site than everything else (except animating ^^)
if i could get together what the site costs in a year for me, i would be happy already. I didnt put ads or stuff in it yet because I am doing this for animators, not for money. but getting some pocketmoney for what i love to do would be nice indeed.
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Re: Animtube.net- up and running

Postby SIFTER » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:15 pm

The beauty of the site kills me.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: animtube.net categories?

Postby Coweetie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:18 am

Guys,

Flash ain`t used, Easytoon is barely used- I will make on ecategory for pivot and one for all the others (other programs section). I think that would be the best.
also figures store is broken? no one told me xD
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Anton » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:15 am

With Pivot & Others, it may encourage unwanted gifs in the "others" section.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 pm

what do you mean with unwanted?
Spoiler:

CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Web Developing / Programming