MyFiles & MyFiles+

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

MyFiles & MyFiles+

Postby Raymond » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm

If you haven't already noticed we've added a MyFiles user group. Some of you are able to locate the MyFiles link under the extras menu at the top of the forum, although some of you can't. We will soon be changing this so that only people with MyFiles can see the link. However, just because you can see that link doesn't mean that it will work. Only those who actually purchase MyFiles and have their names added to a database by me or another Administrator can use that link. As time goes by we will be making some slight changes to the uploader, but we figured that it was ready to use at this point.

We decided to give you all the choice between MyFiles or MyFiles+. They are both the same in terms of what they do, but MyFiles will cost $5 and allow you to store up to 25MB of data on our server, while MyFiles+ will cost $10 and allow you to store up to 50MB of data on our server. If you guys are interested you can obtain either one of these by donating $5 or $10 (depending on how much storage you want) and then sending me a private message with the transaction link so that I can verify it. Just like VIP, it may take me a day to enable MyFiles so I apologize, but we will hopefully be fixing that soon by adding a store with all of our available features to purchase. If you guys have any suggestions feel free to leave a comment here or message one of the Administrators. All feedback is appreciated.

I would also like to give a big thanks to Minifrij for coding this for us.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: MyFiles & MyFiles+

Postby Koolcid » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Well, time to be pink.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Daniël » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:16 pm

I'll probably be switching over to pink soon too. Once I have money again.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that there's a file limit on MyFiles+, I was kind of hoping that one would just be limitless or be defined by total data storage instead of the amount of files we can store.

Either way, I'm glad this is coming back, good job Minifrij.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jojishi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Yeah, I have to agree that a data limit would make more sense. Seems like a decent amount of files can be hosted though, so not too much of an issue. Thanks for doing this Minifrij. Glad we finally have something like this.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby tenks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 am

Woa, $5 for 25 files is totally bonkers, like there exist sites that do it for free and give you like way more space, I know that it's your server space you allocating for this but in general a filelimit is retarded imo. Since gifs and piv's are not exactly big in filesize so limiting it to like 50mb for myfiles and 100mb for myfiles+ would totally be a better option. Idk this kind of feels like you're paying the 5-10 bucks just for hosting your stuff directly on the forum, I don't see any benefits from it. Pimp was useful as hell because good imagehosters were really fucking rare or would just delete your files after a while. But nowadays there are tons of probably better and most important free options out there. I am not writing this to tell everybody to stop supporting tdd, I just don't think new members will ever buy this. Idk about the coding I haven't seen the feature in action and I don't think I'll buy it, so.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:23 am

Yeah a flat upload limit that counts file by file is stupid as opposed to doing it based on filesize, like tenks said. If you changed it to something like a 50mb cap I would 100 percent buy this to support DD. I mean, that way you could maintain the novelty of having a certain amount of cloud space while not completely ripping off anyone who sinks money into it.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 am

I'm gonna be honest here, I'll most likely just be buying it for the pink color.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:27 am

I do agree with the MB maximum, as opposed to files. Then again, I'm also with Daniel on this one. Pink name best name.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Olix Flix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:34 am

You have used all of your allowance. Please delete some of your files to continue.
What dat?
hello!
Olix FlixOffline
hello!
VIP

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 am

You can only upload 0 files when you don't have MyFiles. You don't have MyFiles and you've reached your limit Olix.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby socks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 am

I have no problem donating to the site and all, but i have to agree with tenks, and Mitch on this one guys.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Josh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:28 am

Olix Flix wrote:You have used all of your allowance. Please delete some of your files to continue.
What dat?

I'll be fixing that today hopefully, my apologies.

I agree with the MB limit, if the admins agree I will change it.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Juke » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:07 am

What do you guys suggest for space then, 30mb sounds enough to store pivot animations,..
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby socks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 am

30mb for Myfiles, 50mb for Myfiles+?
Leave it up to community vote though, after all that is who it's for.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby tuna » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 am

Raymond wrote:MyFiles will cost $5 and allow you to store up to 25 total files on our server, while MyFiles+ will cost $10 and allow you to store up to 50 total files on our server.

lol
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Next

Return to Announcements