MyFiles & MyFiles+

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: MyFiles & MyFiles+

Postby Josh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Alright, everything should be fixed. You should no longer be able to see the link unless you are in the database.
As well as this, the regular Myfiles upload limit is now 50mb and Myfiles+ is 100.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:03 pm

DickBallsDickBalls wrote:30mb for Myfiles, 50mb for Myfiles+?
Leave it up to community vote though, after all that is who it's for.

In what situation would this not end up with everyone voting for the highest option?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Raymond » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 pm

To be honest, I don't see the problem with limiting the uploads. We mainly did this because we don't want people uploading an insane amount of data, quickly filling up our server space. It's true that putting a limit on the total amount of space they are allowed will stop them from spamming uploads and filling up our server, however your actually getting a worse deal if we give you 30mb for MyFiles and 50mb for MyFiles+.

If you think about it, we are allowing you to upload 50 files if you have MyFiles+, and each upload can be up to 10MB. So if you do the math, you are getting 500MB of storage space on our server for 10$. I don't think that's a bad deal, especially since you can always come back to those links months down the road. And if you need to upload something else when you already have 50 files uploaded, you could just remove one of the 50 files. To me that seems sufficient.

I'll be completely honest with you guys though, we were mainly concerned about how fast our server would fill up depending on how many people would purchase myfiles. We have over 400 members so even if 30 of you bought MyFiles+ and uploaded between 300-500MB a piece, that is going to take up 15GB right there. I wanted to see how many people would purchase this feature before we start giving out enormous amounts of space. One idea I had is that if we arn't filling up our server that quickly, then we can give you guys an added bonus by increasing the file limit for myfiles to 50 and myfiles+ to 100. Who the hell needs more than 100 links? And if people are managing to hit that 100 file limit, then we can always increase it more down the road because we may not even be using up that much space and even if we are, we can just purchase more space with the proceeds that we make from myfiles purchases. So yea, that was our logic behind this.

Of course it's possible for us to give you a total size like 100MB total or something and you guys can keep uploading files till you reach that limit. I think thats what you guys are getting at. You would prefer not to be limited by the number of files, but more so the total data you can upload. If we were to take that course of action, I think 100MB for a regular MyFiles user and 300MB for a MyFiles+ user would be alright. Consider like tenks said most people are uploading piv files/gifs/png images, etc. It won't fill up that fast and you might be able to fit 300-500 piv files with 300MB of data. That seems reasonable to me. Unless of course your Senzo and have 3MB pivot files lol.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:42 pm

The thing is though, all that ever gets uploaded on MyFiles are images, stick figures animations, we don't need a lot of space for these things. It's mainly just that it seems weird to max the amount of files, as that would mean everyone'd be getting a different deal, depending on the size of the files they upload.

I honestly don't really care that I have to overpay, but it just doesn't seem logical at all to limit these things in file amount. And I'd be more than happy with 300MB, but as I previously stated, I'm doing it for the color mostly, so my reasons are sorta dubious on this one.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Juke » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Well Raymond, most pivot files aren't even close to a mb so if they uploaded 50 pivot files it would only be about 5mb in total. So if we give them 50mb of space they can upload about 80 pivot files. So it's a much better way.
Minifrij changed it now that you have 50mb worth of storage for Myfiles members, and 100mb worth of storage for Myfiles+ members.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Daniël » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Juke wrote:So if we give them 50mb of space they can upload about 80 pivot files.

I think it would be more like 800, haha.

But shit, I'm gonna stop posting in this thread now.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Don't mind the amount, this is still a pretty cool feature to have. Didn't think you guys would bring this back but you did. Good shit Minifrij.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Daniël » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Does anyone else feel like the brightness of the pink could be turned down just a little? It's a unpleasantly bright to me right now.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Daniël » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 am

I just tried out MyFiles and it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure what's up, but the files just won't appear.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Josh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:42 am

Daniël wrote:I just tried out MyFiles and it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure what's up, but the files just won't appear.

It seems to work fine for me. Do you upload a file and it doesn't show in the list or can you just not get on it at all?
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:13 am

I'll show you the screenshots, but they won't tell you that much probably.
So I select one of my bases.
Then I upload it, it shows me the white redirection page and then brings me back to where I was in the first place. Only nothing has been added.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Josh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 am

Daniël wrote:I'll show you the screenshots, but they won't tell you that much probably.
snip
So I select one of my bases.
snip
Then I upload it, it shows me the white redirection page and then brings me back to where I was in the first place. Only nothing has been added.

I believe it is your special characters that is causing it (the e in the file name). I don't think you can use special characters in URLs, could you try without?
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 pm

I forgot to add that I actually did try to do something like that, I made sure both file and given name were without any characters, but it had no result.

Also, I'm pretty sure characters get replaced by typical URL-codes anyway.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Josh » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Daniël wrote:I forgot to add that I actually did try to do something like that, I made sure both file and given name were without any characters, but it had no result.

Also, I'm pretty sure characters get replaced by typical URL-codes anyway.

I made a stupid mistake and forgot to set the mysqli language to UTF8, so it wasn't saving your name properly. Try now perhaps?
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Aight, I'm able to upload stuff now, but now I have another (less important) problem. I can't delete on of my files, I don't know what makes this particular one different, but when I try to delete it, it redirects me to the confirmation page, but for such an incredibly short time that it doesn't really help. I'm redirected before you know it.
The bottom file can be deleted, the top one can't.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements