Ideas Thread

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Ideas Thread

Postby Lord » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:38 am

First one is cruel,
Second one's good.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Anton » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

-Animate a stick drinking a soda can. He begins to choke, and survive by spitting out some weird ball (or blob, for the good animators), then the thing moves and escape out. The sticks chase after it and sees the thing goes in a can factory to re-enter another can, and make a loop.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Mat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 am

A fight between a bong and a pot leaf. I tried this with fuddermuffin a few years ago. Never got past frame 30.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Ussay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

TUNA,
Freaking
Finish
THAT!

I like the soda can Idea :D
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby tuna » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 am

Wow thanks guys, reading your comments make me smile, it's nice to feel encouraged :) I might restart it someday (soon?) if you think it's good. It could make a pretty cool DDC entry. Maybe in DDC13...?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Hunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 pm

I gave this to spectre on skype about a joint hes doing with someone else.

But heres basically my idea and stuff so yeah.

What happened in the joint - Person ran flipped over a box and jumped and reached out his hand.

My Idea to continue it -

have a bar or something come in
[8:58:30 PM] Hunter/Nide: and with the hand reaching
[8:58:34 PM] Hunter/Nide: have him catch it
[8:58:38 PM] Hunter/Nide: and swing up into the sky
[8:58:44 PM] Hunter/Nide: and then have clouds and shit
[8:58:54 PM] Hunter/Nide: and then have him fall and like
[8:59:02 PM] Hunter/Nide: land on a skateboard rolling down a hill
[8:59:09 PM] Hunter/Nide: and then have the cliff end in like a ramp sorta

I'd honestly make an animation like that though haha.
"When one tries, only then does one fully succeed."
HunterOffline
Make Inter Pls
Make Inter Pls

Postby Mitch » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:00 am

Tuna wrote:Failed Rain[/color]

This is fucking fantastic man...
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby XElite109 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 am

Mitch wrote:
Tuna wrote:Failed Rain[/color]

This is fucking fantastic man...

The creativity on this one is unreal...
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby tuna » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:12 am

:D Thank you
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Juke » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:20 am

Tuna there is literally nothing wrong with that animation. Please continue it!
Also, does anybody have any ideas for a Krustalien type short?
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby tuna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 am

I'll probably be re-doing the second and fourth scenes if I re-do it. The other two are fine for me.
Also, maybe someone listening to some music on headphones and someone else comes in, maybe asks for a go and they share it, dancing etc etc.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Anton » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

This has become Tuna's motivational thread.
Lol - Tuna

Idea : Animate a guy that can extend his limbs, but cannot retract them.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Swaikha » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:00 am

So I have an idea,
that is similar to a collab/joint.

I want to make something with a storyline, that will have length.

This is in a time period where guns weren't around, nor magic of any kind; it's just steel, wood, and knuckle.

You see a young boy playing catch with his dad, having a good time. Then you see the boy eating dinner with his dad. Then you see the dad putting the boy to sleep. Then you see the young boy as he watches his father get brutally murdered by street thugs, which did not see him, but he manages to see it, and escape without them knowing. Next scene (or animation) could be the young boy in his teenage years training in a dojo in hand-to-hand combat and/or with a weapon (katana/staff). Next scene (or animation) you see the now grown-up boy make eye contact with a common street thug, the boy calls him out and the thug sends his goons (about 5 or 6) after the boy, then you see a big fight scene where the boy destroys his goons, ending with the thug running and boy chasing. Next scene (or animation) we see the boy stealthily sneak into the thugs hideout and then captures and interrogates him only to find out that he's got the wrong guy, tries to find out who the real killer is, but the thug doesn't give in and opts out. Next scene (or animation) the boy tries to find clues to find a lead onto where his father's killer is by impersonating the now-dead thug and talking to his henchmen. His henchmen gives him the information he needs, then we see the boy take off his disguise and finish off the remaining foes (about 1 or 2 henchmen). Next scene (or animation), the boy then plans out an all-out assault to the killer's hideout. He sneakily makes his way into the killer's hideout, until he gets spotted by the killer. The killer raises the alarm, and all hell breaks loose as the boy has to defend against the goons he has in his hideout (10+ maybe). He finishes off the goons, then as the killer decides it's his turn to duel the boy. They clash steel for a little bit, the boy gets a few cuts here and there, but then the killer gets a really bad cut to the chest, then reinforcements show up and throw a smoke bomb to cloud the boy's vision, when the smoke clears, the killer is gone. They have rescued him. Next scene (or animation) you see the boy at his father's grave on a rainy day, when he gets ambushed by the like father like son murderer. He is surrounded by hundreds of the killer's men, but he calls them off because wants to kill the boy on his own. He gives the boy a sword. They battle it out for what seems like hours, until the boy gets stabbed right through the stomach. The killer stabs his sword into the ground and starts to taunt the boy, turning his back and cheering as if he has won the fight. The boy, on his knees, has flashbacks from when he was younger when he would play with his father. The boy has a second wind, and grabs the killer's sword and stabs the killer's foot into the ground. That gives him time to go grab his sword and finish the killer off with a swift chop to the neck, decapitating him. The boy then falls down and dies from losing so much blood. We see a bird's eye view of the decapitated killer and the boy laying dead on the ground in the graveyard surrounded by hundreds of the killer's men. Then the boy wakes up in his old house, in his younger body. His father saying "I'm so happy to finally see you again." The boy hugs his father, and then everything fades to white.

The End.
^click for animation thread^ :)
SwaikhaOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 am

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Sad though. :(
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Swaikha » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Tuna wrote:That's actually a pretty cool idea. Sad though. :(

I feel like it'd make a cool series of animations.

I'll get started on a stick pack for it, if people really wanna help animate
^click for animation thread^ :)
SwaikhaOffline
Active
Active

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Chat / Resources