Suggestions

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: Suggestions

Postby Daniël » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd like to point out that just because it has the name spam in it, it doesn't mean you actually have to go around and start spamming there. Spam pit is more of a place to put forum games and very simple threads in, that are just too brainless for General Talk.

This does not mean however that you actually have the right to spam. It's just a more suitable place for things like the nicknaming and rating thread.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Who gives a fuck?

Me and clearly also others.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Anton » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 pm

I do care. There are more suitable places for shitposting.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Waters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Anton wrote:I'm against the term "spam" anyway, i'd rather rename that section as "tavern".

That's stupid.

Rename it Forum games than if that's what it's meant.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Aron » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Waters wrote:
Anton wrote:I'm against the term "spam" anyway, i'd rather rename that section as "tavern".

That's stupid.

Rename it Forum games than if that's what it's meant.

I think we should add "not a place for shitposting or spamming" to the description.
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches

Postby Waters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Or just change the name to something more fitting

"Not a place for spamming"
titled as "SPAM SECTION"

See what I mean
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Waters wrote:Or just change the name to something more fitting

titled as "SPAM SECTION"

See what I mean

You're nitpicking the name of a subforum? Lol shut the fuck up, stop being so overscrupulous. It's been called spam pit for as long as I've been on the site. It doesn't need to be change because some members take the name for its full literal meaning. Like Daniel said, it's not for actual spam of nonsensical bullshit, it's a subforum for threads that really have no other place to go. Spam Pit is a perfectly viable name for it.

I don't want to see this place turn into the shithole that is PA. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:34 am

Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Grams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:02 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.

Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer. The argument is whether or not the name/rules of the section should be changed and how it might deter/encourage shitposting in other areas of the forum. A lot of it is user-based like you said; however these other factors surely play in. I feel like I'm explaining what you already know, but that's essentially the discussion.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:11 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.

I give a fuck because I don't want this to go down the inevitable road as quickly as it seems to be going.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Mat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 am

Jon wrote:

I give a fuck because I don't want this to go down the inevitable road as quickly as it seems to be going.

Being an asshole does little to prevent that. It just contributes to the site's decline even further. People are going to have different opinions than you. You don't need to express your disagreement with vulgarity. All that does is cause heated arguments that go nowhere. A bit of civility can go a long way. Although I feel like I'm probably wasting my time writing this.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby MCToast » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:46 am

Grams wrote:Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer.

I don't know about that...
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Grams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:50 am

MCToast wrote:
Grams wrote:Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer.

I don't know about that...

Okay, we're like a benign tumor. But we have higher standards.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby tenks » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 am

the spam pit was a fun little place for nonsense, nowadays it's one of the most active parts of the forum and by active i mean full of cool funky forum games aimed at 12 y/o

lets count to 10000 hehehe
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Waters » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:21 am

Jon wrote:
Waters wrote:Or just change the name to something more fitting

titled as "SPAM SECTION"

See what I mean

You're nitpicking the name of a subforum? Lol shut the fuck up, stop being so overscrupulous. It's been called spam pit for as long as I've been on the site. It doesn't need to be change because some members take the name for its full literal meaning. Like Daniel said, it's not for actual spam of nonsensical bullshit, it's a subforum for threads that really have no other place to go. Spam Pit is a perfectly viable name for it.

I don't want to see this place turn into the shithole that is PA. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.

Holy shit calm down. Just because you have some sentiment to the name of a section or something doesn't matter, that wasn't my point.

Why should it be called a spam pit if spam is unwelcome? Forum games are nice but if that's what the section is for why not just rename/remake it for that. A "Spam discussion" isn't any better a solution.

I don't visit PA so I have no reference or w/e for that place, but if it's as much of a cesspool as you say, wouldn't getting rid of the spam section help keep this place from deteriorating more?

Hell, I'm not even trying to advocate a remodeling of the section. I'm ok with shitposts in a section called "Spam pit" aslong as they're kept to the spam pit. What the fuck else am I expecting?
||Fightan Youtube||
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Site Feedback