Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Postby Cheese » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Here's another idea...
Hackysack?
Pre-determined spot hackysack comes in screen and out of screen, everyone makes entries and put them all together?
Here's an example i made real quick.
Spoiler:
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Acid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:58 pm

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:Here's another idea...
Hackysack?
Pre-determined spot hackysack comes in screen and out of screen, everyone makes entries and put them all together?
Here's an example i made real quick.
Spoiler:

That would be cool on a smaller scale. Imagine something like that with 50 entries, or maybe more... It would get boring.
But that would be cool if you made for pivot collaboration or flash for a smaller collab!
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Drone » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:27 pm

There was already a kind of hacysackish thing over on the dojo made by GAVX so I mean, https://youtu.be/e4R2O7XpIXU
wasn't exactly hackysack but it was close enough
XXX Image XXX
DroneOffline
Active
Active

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:30 pm

I personally think doing something like Terkoiz's BYE would be fun to do.

phpBB [video]

We wouldn't have to do the whole death theme, but we could set up a BG that could be used in both flash and pivot, and then animate one central theme (ex: fight, zero g, whatever etc).
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Man I really love all these ideas. I like Hyun's death course idea he sketched up. I think that's awesome and if someone decides not to make a part it's easy to just leave them out.

There is one problem with this idea though. It's easy to sketch out the obstacle course in flash and send the template to other flash users, but how will we add the exact same obstacle course in pivot? Will we export the template from flash and then import it into pivot? That's possible, but when doing that it will upload the obstacle course as a sprite image, make it so we can't move the traps set up on the course. If that makes sense to anyone. So that would make it really hard on pivot users. Firecracker made an example to show that animating with larger dimensions isn't hard in pivot, but he made up a random obstacle course. How would we replicate the one all the flash users use? I'm confused on that.

Making a Joint between flash and pivot users would be difficult as well. If we did this idea, the animators of the joint would have to come to an agreement on which program to use. Either make all of the joint in pivot, or make all of it in flash. It would be difficult to make the joint in two different programs. It's possible, but it would require a lot of planning.

I think Juke's idea will work the best, but in his idea it's like a puzzle. Everyone animates their piece of the puzzle and then we put it together in one video, but if someone doesn't make their part or half asses their part, it could make gaps in the puzzle, making the overall picture hard to flesh out. I do think this is probably the best idea or a cross community collab though.

Gary's is probably another good idea, where we can make one solid background to use in both pivot and flash and then animate a particular theme in the foreground of the animation.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby socks » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:29 pm

Raymond wrote:where we can make one solid background to use in both pivot and flash and then animate a particular theme in the foreground of the animation.

Probably the only way i could see this going very well.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Acid » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Or maybe no template, just a common theme? Like the comeback collab for example.
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Franklin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Acid wrote:Or maybe no template, just a common theme? Like the comeback collab for example.

Feels like the best way to go just for its simplicity. Anything more complicated gets a bit difficult on the pivot side of things.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SIFTER » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:04 am

Yeah, Acid's idea works best.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Juke » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:26 am

Acids idea is pretty much like mine. A set theme or plot for the collab where evryone makes their own seperate part.
However I was thinking it could be a bit more interesting if we have the theme an overall storyline and have each animator a vague enough scene to animate.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Franklin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Juke wrote:However I was thinking it could be a bit more interesting if we have the theme an overall storyline and have each animator a vague enough scene to animate.

What about when some of the people inevitably don't finish their parts and leave holes in the collab? The only way to avoid that would be to only let a hand picked selection of people participate, which wouldn't be very good for representing the community and a whole, and frustrate people who want to make a part.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby socks » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Root wrote:
Juke wrote:However I was thinking it could be a bit more interesting if we have the theme an overall storyline and have each animator a vague enough scene to animate.

What about when some of the people inevitably don't finish their parts and leave holes in the collab? The only way to avoid that would be to only let a hand picked selection of people participate, which wouldn't be very good for representing the community and a whole, and frustrate people who want to make a part.

but if they don't finish anyway, who cares.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Raymond » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Root wrote:What about when some of the people inevitably don't finish their parts and leave holes in the collab? The only way to avoid that would be to only let a hand picked selection of people participate

We could assign the same part for two different people, that way if one person doesn't complete their part, maybe the other one would. But by doing this, were only allowing 1 out of the 2 animators into the final video if they both decide to animate. So idk, the idea of following a set storyline is tough Juke because were not all in a studio together working on an animation, making sure it all gets done. Were just volunteering to animate a part of this.

We want this competition to be fun and enjoyable for everyone and if you tell people there are restrictions to what they can animate, I don't think people will be as inclined to finish their part. If we made it more open for their own ideas, I think people will have more fun with it. Which is why videos like the "doors collab" work out so well, because the person can choose to animate whatever they want, so long as they walk through both doors. Which is a simple restriction. There a lot of different versions of the "doors collab". There's the avalanche collab, there's the free falling collab, hover boards collab, etc. I don't know if we can come up with something similar to those, but those ideas seem to work out the best.

Average collabs where we let the animators make whatever they want also work out, but those end up being a pile of random shit compiled into one video, so that wouldn't be that original.

I think Hyun has a good idea with the obstacle course, but I'm not sure how the pivoters would animate such a large canvas with constantly moving traps.

I was thinking of something really simple, for both flash and pivot users. What if we had a little red button in the center of the stage that sat on top of a pole/stand. Have your guy enter the stage however you want and have them do whatever you want, but once your finished, have your character press the button, switching up the scenes? Idk, it's not the best idea, but it's something simple that people can animate which we can easily put together in a video.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Acid » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:38 pm

YES! Like a "Red Button Collab". He enters a white canvas or a simple template bg, press the red button on the middle, and then everything transforms in the way the animator wants. Then he presses again, comes back to the initial canvas and leaves the scene.

Seems pretty simple and leaves a huge window for people to be creative.

I like this one the best!
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Juke » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Does that not just scream Doors Collab to you except instead of triggering the room with a door your triggering it with a red button? I mean I like the idea and there's room for creativity but it's too vague and almost like doors. I don't really know.
JukeOffline
Honorary

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements