Finished my animation degree! -P2k

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: School Assigments - ball throw

Postby Juke » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:51 am

Wow they are really good man. Your proportions and anatomy are definitely on point, I can see a lot of the construction lines that shows you really know your shit. Did you refrence these drawings of people or was it from imagination?
At the moment I'm referencing my drawings of people right now to get used to drawing and understanding the anatomy.
Thanks for showing me this so I can really tell the standard I have to go for!
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby P2k » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:41 am

Yeah the poses were referenced, although I can draw like that from memory. You do a lot of drawing from life when you're actually in school because they really want you to understand anatomy, it helps with everything. I'd suggest focusing a lot on anatomy and perspective drawing, getting really good at both will make you improve in every other area. Try picking up a figure drawing/anatomy book such as Class Human Anatomy by Valerie L. Winslow.

I also found out after I got in that they didn't want a lot of construction lines and they actually try to get us to use as few lines as possible when drawing because it shows understanding/confidence more and it makes the drawing easier to clean up or develop.

If you want any tips, just pm me.

Also it's really weird hearing compliments on my art, my drawings are considered high 60s/low 70s in this program and they're not shy to bluntly tell you every single flaw.
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

Postby Gage » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 am

Really nice, can you take a snap of your work space? I have been wanting to get light box studio for a while now too, hoping to see more from you, P2k
GageOffline
VIP

Re: School Assigments - P2k

Postby P2k » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:37 pm

I don't really have a workspace at home, I use our studio at the school. We have light tables/tablets/computers in the first year studio.

This latest assignment is a bit of a weird one, it was for my digital tools class. We had to make a "pose reel". Basically a short film with music/sound/voice acting, but it only needed 3 seconds of animation. The rest had to be panned drawings.

The animation/art wasn't being graded, only our ability to use the program (adobe premiere). Reluctantly posting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQl0Kp2 ... e=youtu.be
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

Re: School Assigments - P2k

Postby P2k » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:19 pm

No replies on the last one.. I don't blame you lol it was a weird assignment and I guess it wasn't fully animation.

I just finished my final assignment for my animation class today. It's really rough and the quality is ass because I scanned it in with a webcam. It's only judged on the animation so the quality is irrelevant. I might scan it properly and clean it tomorrow for myself if I have time though.

Basically we had to animated two balls, one with ears and one with a tail, interacting with one another. The point of the assignment was to show we understand how to make trailing objects (tails, hair, clothe, etc.).

Again, there were some glaring errors with the animation that I understand how to fix but didn't have the patience to edit. Hopefully I show a higher quality version with good resolution and no random lighting changes soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LrDm07 ... e=youtu.be
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

Re: School - final assignment for the semester (rough)

Postby Raymond » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Idk why you didn't get any replies on these yet. There wasn't a lot of actual movement in the doggy bag one, but it was worth the watch. It's an idea I've never seen in a video before lol. Considering the time frame you had to work on this, I think it turned out great.

The final project was cool too! It's hard to display personality in an animation, but you used your surrounding to make it easier by having them interact together in a fun environment like a park. There was more movement in this one, I really like the way the ball with ears bounces away from screen and hops up the latter for the slide. The only thing that looks off to me is how fast the ball with the tail hops away at the end. Other than that it was pretty cool. I hope you get a good grade on it. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby socks » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Pretty damn nice job on the most recent one man. Very well done.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Spock » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Ha, that was fucking neat. Good job man.
SpockOffline
VIP
VIP

Re: School - 1st semester demo reel

Postby P2k » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks guys. My last assignment that was due today was our first semester demo reel. I just put in stuff that I found on my usb, some drawings and some animation. Didn't have time to clean up my ball/tail assignment for it sadly.

We also got to include a personal piece so I put in one of my pivot animations as a homage to my roots.

Here's to next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_No4n ... e=youtu.be
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

Re: School - 1st semester demo reel

Postby Four » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:26 am

That was great. I enjoyed every moment of it. Here's to next year indeed.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Re: School - 2nd semester demo reel

Postby P2k » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:10 pm

It's been a while since I updated. Second semester has been quite stressful with the workload and it's been hard put a lot of passion in to every assignment when you're juggling so many.

Here are some of my highlights from this semester:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M0nWgcpTHY

Now that I'm really quite experienced with flash, after effects, and premiere, I intend to pour a lot of effort in to a short film over the summer. Look out for that as my next big update.

never forget my roots as a pivot animator (scool
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

Postby Franklin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:23 pm

You really are probably the best animator on this site, taking all things into consideration. Can't wait for your next update!
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Raymond » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:43 am

I enjoyed the last animation the best, where the diver jumps into the water. It looked cool the way you showed him jumping towards the screen. Most people wouldn't attempt the 3D. You have come a long way though, I think your courses helped you out a lot!
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby socks » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:26 pm

I like the last traditional animation you did on the reel P2, you always had a really nice style.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby P2k » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Haven't updated in a while, I've been hard at work in second year. Finished an assignment today which turned out pretty neat, the point was to show the weight of an object as a character picks it up and throws it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHsLy1TpUM
Spoiler:
P2kOffline
Active
Active

PreviousNext

Return to Freestyle