Start menus

Random discussions belong here.

Start menus

Postby maxmushroom » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:55 am

It needed to happen.

lel
heh heh heh
no more

Also am I the only one who still uses Windows XP?
I think so
Last edited by maxmushroom on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wtf the flip

{ website | pivot thread | flash thread | meme menus | easytoon }
maxmushroomOffline
VIP

Re: Start menus

Postby SIFTER » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 am

If my old computer didn't explode in mid way of creating DDCXII I would be still using winxp.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Cheese » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:27 am

I think you're alone on xp.
I'm gonna be getting the windows 10 upgrade once it comes out.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Franklin » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:31 am

For some reason the old windows look make me really uncomfortable, just looking it. The rounded corners and saturation hurts my eyes.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby maxmushroom » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:22 pm

wtf the flip

{ website | pivot thread | flash thread | meme menus | easytoon }
maxmushroomOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Had XP up until about 9 months ago. Got my own laptop. Loved XP though, but it didn't cut it for what I wanted anymore. I was sad to stop using it. :(

Why's Microsoft giving away Windows 10 for FREE? Did something really go so terrible with it that it has to be given for free? Or maybe they'll give Windows 10 away for free and then pull a fast one by having price tags on surprising stuff.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Josh » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:21 pm

LordPivot wrote:Why's Microsoft giving away Windows 10 for FREE? Did something really go so terrible with it that it has to be given for free? Or maybe they'll give Windows 10 away for free and then pull a fast one by having price tags on surprising stuff.

Bug testing. With the new version of Windows there will be a lot of bugs; why not get some people to take it for free and get them to find bugs for you, rather than pay some other people to do it. If I remember, Windows 8 was really cheap in the period before it was fully released. Probably for the same reason.

Windows XP is good, I spent a good part of my pre-teens on it. Works well, but there is no reason to have it anymore when you can get something better (especially when there is no official support for it now).
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Finom » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Ahh, those were the days.. :) I've been using Windows 8 for about 3 months, and then Windows 7 before that :P
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

This is a little off topic, but Windows 8 made my job a fucking pain. They took away the start button, so all the old people with dial-up that call in for help have no clue how to get to the control panel and it's always a bitch trying to explain the process. You wouldn't think holding the windows key and pressing x at the same time would be hard, but for them it is. So usually we just have them press the windows key (which takes them to their start screen, with all the boxes and shit on it) and then press c, which opens up a general search for all programs starting with c and then they click control panel. I have no fucking clue how that is easier than holding windows and pressing x, but for these idiots I guess it is.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Juke » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 pm

I never knew about that function! Windows 10 is out soon with a new start menu so :P
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Josh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Raymond wrote:This is a little off topic, but Windows 8 made my job a fucking pain. They took away the start button, so all the old people with dial-up that call in for help have no clue how to get to the control panel and it's always a bitch trying to explain the process. You wouldn't think holding the windows key and pressing x at the same time would be hard, but for them it is. So usually we just have them press the windows key (which takes them to their start screen, with all the boxes and shit on it) and then press c, which opens up a general search for all programs starting with c and then they click control panel. I have no fucking clue how that is easier than holding windows and pressing x, but for these idiots I guess it is.

Couldn't you just tell them to press the windows key, type in 'Control Panel' and press enter?
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Raymond » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 am

Bukkake Mage wrote:Couldn't you just tell them to press the windows key, type in 'Control Panel' and press enter?

Then they ask me where they are supposed to be typing. By pressing c the search box appears for them.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Coweetie » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:04 am

didnt know about windows key + x, makes life easier. thanks
and, that slide bar on the right is annoying though.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Coweetie wrote:didnt know about windows key + x, makes life easier. thanks
and, that slide bar on the right is annoying though.

Try pressing the windows key + c, it should open that slide out bar your talking about. :P

Also if any of you Windows 8 users feel like your internet is running slow, open up the start menu (the one with all the boxes) and right click each box. Some of those "apps" have options at the bottom to "turn off live tile". Some of those tiles access the internet, like weather/sports/stocks, and it can slow you down a bit. Same with your windows updates, but I'm sure most of you know how to turn those off.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything