League of Legends

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: League of Legends

Postby Kermit » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:31 am

Started league 4-5 months ago and got level 30, not really the best so I'm hesitating on playing my first ranked game.
Don't really need help just wondering how everyone's first ranked game went so I have an idea of what to expect.
KermitOffline
The Frog
The Frog

Postby XElite109 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 pm

got my main and surf to gold
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby SuperNoob » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Kindred sucks, I want Ao Shin.
SuperNoobOffline
Banned Animator
Banned Animator

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 am

Kermit wrote:Started league 4-5 months ago and got level 30, not really the best so I'm hesitating on playing my first ranked game.
Don't really need help just wondering how everyone's first ranked game went so I have an idea of what to expect.

just treat it like any other game but try ur best not to tilt

i failed my gold 3 promos yesterday
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Raymond » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

I've been stuck in silver for around 3 years now. Maybe longer. I just can't climb out and it's infuriating me. Maybe I should just give up and save myself the frustration.

About a week before Season 4 ended, I pumped out around 10 ranked games a day in order to climb from silver 5 to gold 1 so I could at least get the border and get the fuck out of elo hell. I made it to Silver 1 the night before the season ended. I had a chance to play 3 promo matches. Unfortunately I lost the first, but won the next 2. So I went to go play my next promo, but ranked was shut down because the season just ended. The fact that I didn't make it in time sucks, but it didn't piss me off that much.

So when Season 5 started, I waited a few weeks so most of the noobies would finish their 10 ranked games and get out of promos. (So when I do promos I don't get completely new ranked players). I won 7/10 promo matches and it placed be in Bronze 1. That was the turning point. I loved this game and even accepted not making it to Gold before Season 4 ended, but after that I realized Riot's ranking system is beyond fucked. Idk why, but for months I've been playing 2-3 games a night in order to "try" getting back to Gold since I had almost a full year. I was just promoted back to Silver 2 last night after being promoted and demoted at least 12 different times.

I don't want to be that guy who says it's because of his team mates, because I am occasionally the reason why we lose. (Everyone has a bad game), but 80-90% of the time it's because my team finds it more enjoyable to come up with witty comebacks towards each other. Or when you try to give some positive feedback and ask someone (for instance jungler) to join in on the team fights, they take it the wrong way and camp jungle because a simple "hey man your doing great, but lets join up in team fights now" gets their panties in a knot.

I don't think I'll stop playing ranked. I'm kind of addicted, but riot should consider revamping its ranking system. I mean even if someone goes afk or disconnects all game and you lose a 4v5, riot pretty much says well fuck you learn to carry a 4v5, when the game is supposed to be a team game. You would think they have some preventive measure where your team doesn’t take such LP hit when 1 idiot decides he wants to afk or just has internet problems. But no Riots system sucks. I've just accepted it lately, since we all know it won't change.

Ok my rant is over, maybe I really should quit ranked. Look what it's doing to me lol.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

Ray tilted af
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:41 am

mitch forever a macca eating kangaroou lava

i dont know how someone can be stuck in silver for so long. it's impossible
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:29 am

Cowboy Memebop wrote:mitch forever a macca eating kangaroou lava

same
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Raymond » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Cowboy Memebop wrote:i dont know how someone can be stuck in silver for so long. it's impossible

I have no clue. I played 4 ranked games last night. Won the first 3, but lost the last one because of our adc. She got mad at our Thresh for going afk for the first 1 minute and 45 seconds. He said he had to take a piss, but because he did that Tristana refused to play so Thresh was stuck bottom by himself. I was jungle Vi so I helped camp bot as much as I could, but Vi vs Jinx/Shen combo on bot doesn't work that well so I would leave him to get Golems/Red at times. He was fine with it, he just played passive. Our middle was doing great at first, I even ganked for top and got him a kill before I went to camp bot. The sad part is that Tristana was typing in the chat all game, but just sat on summoner platform repeating the same nonsense, blaming thresh saying it's his fault for deciding to take a piss when the game started instead of during champ select. I don't understand why it mattered anyways. Minions weren't even in lane by the time Thresh came back so it's not even like he did anything wrong. And at least he played, even knowing he had to play 2v1 on bot all game, he dealt with it like a champ and did his best. Tristana was just on her period or something and decided sitting on summoner platform and falsely blaming thresh over and over again was the right thing to do.

I thought being nice to these people would help, but when they see you're being nice to them, they just type more in the hopes they will get sympathy. I just want to play with someone who shuts the fuck up and actually plays the game. I'm tired of people typing more than they play or people who just flat out refuse to play.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:08 pm

I had a talon afk a few days ago to make music, this guy was literally working on his mixtape during soloq.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Raymond » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Mitch wrote:I had a talon afk a few days ago to make music, this guy was literally working on his mixtape during soloq.

That guy had his priorities straight.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Mitch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:37 pm

I mean honestly it's not a half bad reason and i only lost like 13 lp or some shit. He didn't link his soundcloud tho.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:01 pm

ok im gold 3 now
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby socks » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Cowboy Memebop wrote:ok im gold 3 now

Still bronze 1, haven't really gotten lucky to get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th pick recently so i've had to fill alot. Mid, ADC, and Support have been the most common. Damnit'shardtoplayjungleinbronze.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Mitch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 am

Getting mid as 4th or 5th pick is literally jack off material.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers