New laptop :D

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

New laptop :D

Postby TheBimmer231 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:05 pm

im buying a new laptop to play more recent games (but i won't forget swat 4 and stronghold <3), will be a lenovo IDEAPAD G5080
specs :
Intel Core i3 4005U / 1.7 GHz
4 Go of RAM
500 Go HDD
Intel HD 4400

so, will i be able to play mgs 5 and metro last light ?
Signature :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secret anim : 182 Frames
TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Re: New laptop :D

Postby SIFTER » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 pm

That's the specs of a low-end PC which will barely play any game with decent graphics at 30fps from 2010+.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:43 pm

I would be shocked if you could play either of those games, even on the lowest settings. You can probably get away with 4GB of RAM and 500GB of memory, but the processor and the integrated graphics card are far below the threshold for playing MGS 5 and Metro Last Light.

Trying to find a laptop with a decent processor for a reasonable price isn't hard, but finding one with a decent graphics card will be A LOT more expensive. The problem is trying to fit these power hungry cards into such a tight space. They have to make the cards a lot smaller, and because of that they can be really expensive compared to their desktop equivalent. My recommendation is to look for a laptop with a Geforce GTX 660m graphics card. You're going to be dishing out more money, probably somewhere between $700-$1000 for it, but if you purchase a laptop with the specifications you listed above you're going to be really disappointed.

The price range I listed above is for a refurbished laptop. Most new laptops with the GTX 660m will cost you between $1000-$1200. I see nothing wrong with buying a refurbished laptop, but that is a choice you will have to make. Refurbished laptops are laptops that people returned because of overheating issues or a broken part, which they fix, or it could be something as simple as the owner couldn't afford to make the final payments on the laptop. My first ever gaming laptop was a refurbished laptop and I bought it 8 years ago. I don't own it anymore, but I know the person who does and it still runs great.

Here is a refurbished laptop with the GTX 660m. This laptop could run MGS 5 on low settings and Metro Last Light on medium-high settings. It's close to $800 refurbished and would probably cost you $1200 brand new.

Also keep in mind that the GTX 660m will become outdated within about 2 years. So you need to debate if it's worth spending $800 on a laptop that will only run games made within the next 2 years. And that's pushing it. After seeing how graphic intensive the new Battlefront game is, that card may only run games that come out within the next year.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby TheBimmer231 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:24 am

well.. my whole gaming career was with an intel HD 2000, i had no problem playing metro 2033, battlefield 2 bad company, max payne 3, deus ex human revolution, fallout new vegas, all those we're playing fine on 720p low\medium settings, and the 4400 is a big step from the 2000, and maybe last light and battlefield 3 will work fine, i don't mind low settings with low resolution, if its more than 30 fps i'll play that shit, my old pc lowered my standards xD, also my max budget is 550$, so maybe i could go for the more recent HP 15-ac005nk, with an I5-5200U /2.2 GHz and the Intel HD 5500, may make me able to play mgs 5...
Signature :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Postby tuna » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:03 am

TheBimmer231 wrote:Intel Core i3 4005U / 1.7 GHz

lol
TheBimmer231 wrote:4 Go of RAM

lol
TheBimmer231 wrote:500 Go HDD

lol
TheBimmer231 wrote:Intel HD 4400

lol
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 pm

"HP 15-ac005nk, with an I5-5200U /2.2 GHz and the Intel HD 5500" Yeah that's definitely better.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Sifter wrote:"HP 15-ac005nk, with an I5-5200U /2.2 GHz and the Intel HD 5500" Yeah that's definitely better.

I would still be surprised if it ran either of the two games he mentioned on low settings.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby SIFTER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:35 pm

The tables could flip if he gets a desktop instead; i5 CPUs are overcloakable with safety, so there's that, and with a 120GHZ screen you'd barely notice any choppiness anymore. Let alone the fact that you could change the GPU to a semi-recent AMD or NVidia. Even a 4th gen core i3 would be OK, imo. But an i5 would run anything from last 3 years on high, and the upcoming 2 years—except for GTAV-tier games—on low.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby TheBimmer231 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am

is the AMD Radeon HD 7310 ? cuz i've just found a really good deal..
Signature :

TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:43 am

TheBimmer231 wrote:is the AMD Radeon HD 7310 ? cuz i've just found a really good deal..

That is still a very weak AMD card. Here, I just ran a google search for you and this is the first result I got.

"The AMD Radeon HD 7310 has a GPU clock speed of 500 MHz, which is one of the slowest graphics cards still available on the market. Additionally, the AMD Radeon HD 7310 offers 80 Stream Units of stream processing, which is 432 Stream Units fewer than the average."

So it's a very low end card that you won't be able to do much gaming on.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby TheBimmer231 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:28 pm

i guess i'll go for the HP 15-ac005nk, so maybe just get more money and buy some other laptop, i don't have the option to build my own pc, you know, morocco
Signature :

TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:28 pm

But you do. If you just go to Drekghellef in Casa, you'll be able to. or you could just order stuff online.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby TheBimmer231 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:40 pm

or cassaberata at tangier, maybe i could take a look there
Signature :

TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Putting a computer together isn't that hard if you order the parts online. It's like putting together a puzzle. You order all the parts and then assemble them together. If you are not sure of how to put a computer together, just watch a tutorial on youtube. It's pretty much the same method for most computers. Find out if it will be easy for you, or too difficult before you even try. The main thing you need to be careful of is finding out what parts are compatible with your build. My suggestion is to pick out a decent motherboard for yourself, then build your computer around it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

This is a great website for figuring out what parts would be compatible with your motherboard. Just pick out a motherboard on here that you like and on the left side it should show you a list of all the parts that are compatible with your motherboard. (Processor/Graphics Card/RAM/etc)

You are going to need the following parts to put a computer together:

1.) Computer Case
2.) Motherboard
3.) RAM
4.) Processor
5.) Graphics Card
6.) Power Supply
7.) Harddrive
8.) Maybe a cooler for your processor if it's a powerful chip like the i5 or i7 (They usually come with stock coolers, but the stock coolers suck)
9.) Maybe a CD Rom Drive, if that's something you think you will need
10.) Computer Monitor

I was new to building computers, but I picked out a motherboard, used that site I linked above to make sure all the parts I ordered will work with my motherboard. Spent about 2 hours putting it all together. It runs great and I haven't had a problem yet. Also make sure that your graphics card can fit in your computer case. Some powerful cards are a lot bigger than the average card, and it might be compatible with your motherboard, but your case might be too small to house it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby TheBimmer231 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:30 am

can i like salvage a pc ? i've got a nice i3 something with 3.6 ghz and 4 gigs of ram and a 1TB hard drive, now i only need to get a motherboard, a graphic card and maybe a power supply.
Signature :

TheBimmer231Offline
VIP

Next

Return to Gaming & Computers