Future Pivot feature suggestions (e.g. bendy lines)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Future Pivot feature suggestions (e.g. bendy lines)

Postby peterbone » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:40 am

Inflatable Cat Feces wrote:Um I just found this and im not sure if this is a thing already but is there a way that every time I start a new animation I can have something that will instead of having the default figure each time, it uses a .stk that I have already so I dont have to always like delete him and then upload the one that I use more? Just an idea that could save time for some people, like I guess a prefix or how ever you would word it

That would defeat the purpose of the default figure. The purpose of the default figure is partly so that beginners straight away see a figure that they can start positioning, but also to reduce piv file size since the default figure doesn't need to be stored in the file. It would be possible for me to add a feature to the options window to let you choose a figure that would appear when you start pivot instead of the default, but I don't think it would be worth it. It would take up space in the options window and would only save you a few seconds. When starting a new animation you normally have to load or create more than one figure anyway.
One thing you could do is to make a 1 frame piv file containing your figure/figures. You can use it as a template whenever you start a new animation.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:45 am

hey i found this bug
open an animation (or make a new one and save it somewhere)
make a change to the animation
go to open animation
open the animation that you're currently editing
click yes when it asks for save

also i still occasionally get bugs just when opening any animation. there doesnt seem to be a pattern so idk whats making it happen.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Harry wrote:hey i found this bug
open an animation (or make a new one and save it somewhere)
make a change to the animation
go to open animation
open the animation that you're currently editing
click yes when it asks for save

also i still occasionally get bugs just when opening any animation. there doesnt seem to be a pattern so idk whats making it happen.

Thanks Harry. It seems to happen in v4.2, but not v4.1. I'll look into it.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Waffles Mgee » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 pm

I know a certain person who adores Stykz's "Polyfill" tool, maybe you could do something to recreate that?
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Segment limit in the stick builder removed would be a nice Christmas present *wink* *wink*
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby peterbone » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:56 am

The Black Mamba wrote:Segment limit in the stick builder removed would be a nice Christmas present *wink* *wink*

Removing the segment limit will be the first thing I'll work on for Pivot v5. Maybe for next Christmas. I can't do that for Pivot 4 because it will change the piv and stk file formats.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Finom » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:19 pm

It would be cool if you could toggle between automatic static or dynamic segments in the stick builder. Probably would have saved me 1000+ buttons pressed :P
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Kermit » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:47 pm

I had an idea for a tool that allowed you to add an extra joint in the middle of the animation without opening the stk. figure builder, it'd help when you need an extra join to fill in a re-sized object that has holes in it or maybe even used to make a whole new stick. It's more for convenience but I've been thinking about something like it for a long time.
KermitOffline
The Frog
The Frog

Postby Jack » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Kermit wrote:I had an idea for a tool that allowed you to add an extra joint in the middle of the animation without opening the stk. figure builder, it'd help when you need an extra join to fill in a re-sized object that has holes in it or maybe even used to make a whole new stick. It's more for convenience but I've been thinking about something like it for a long time.

This would be super cool.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby alandylan12 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:40 pm

Oh yeah, i have an idea. A tool that can add text, and a... option that you can open your recent files you opened before :DD

sorry bad eng (?)
[center]Image
alandylan12Offline
VIP

Postby peterbone » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:58 am

Hype wrote:It would be cool if you could toggle between automatic static or dynamic segments in the stick builder. Probably would have saved me 1000+ buttons pressed :P

Use the S key on the keyboard. You can use Shift +S in v4.2 to set a whole branch.

Kermit wrote:I had an idea for a tool that allowed you to add an extra joint in the middle of the animation without opening the stk. figure builder, it'd help when you need an extra join to fill in a re-sized object that has holes in it or maybe even used to make a whole new stick. It's more for convenience but I've been thinking about something like it for a long time.

That's unlikely to happen. Adding a joint changes the underlying figure type. You'll need to plan your figures carefully to know what joints you'll need.

alandylan12 wrote:Oh yeah, i have an idea. A tool that can add text, and a... option that you can open your recent files you opened before :DD

sorry bad eng (?)

Text is planned for v5. Recent files, maybe. Windows already has a folder for that though. Just sort by file type.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby SIFTER » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:05 pm

you accidentally select a moving .gif in the file explorer and
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby peterbone » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 am

Sifter wrote:you accidentally select a moving .gif in the file explorer and

Thanks. What version, and was that when trying to load a sprite or a background? I tried the same for both in v4,2.3, selected an animated gif and after a short pause it played the animated gif in the preview window. If I try opening the animated gif as a sprite then it just loads the first frame. Maybe it's because your animated gif is large or has an unsupported format?
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Franklin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 pm

I've always thought that if there was some way to make changes to joints instead of segments that would be really helpful.

For example, you could select the last dot in an arm and make it larger to get this effect:
Spoiler:

It would be extremely useful in making 3D in pivot, as right now you are only able to make an awkward looking expansion between two segments, or spend a lot of time and multiple sticks to get a decent effect. I know people like MCtoast would appreciate it.

This could also work with colors. If you selected that same joint and changed it to a grey color, you would get this effect:
Spoiler:

Gradients would have a great number of potential uses.

The ability to select individual segments for color changes would be an obvious addition. Maybe, hitting some button while clicking a dot would select the segment, while another button selects a joint? The idea could be refined a little, but it would be great to see something like it in a future version of pivot.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tuna » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:14 pm

those both sound cool and usefull as anything, although i can imagine not possible because of underlying figure type and stuff
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk