"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Re: DojoDemon Collab OUT NOW

Postby Jojishi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Marvilicious wrote:
Lush wrote:Ussay's ghost thing was creepy as all hell and well animated but holy fucking shit Marv.

Maaaaarrrvvvvv!

Oh my, oh my. That's really flattering! (heart

Your entry was definitely one of the top entries for me, right up there with Jan and Fl-Nordin. You made us look so good with your entry, especially right at the end there before PLasmaGhost. I loved the part where it said "Marvy - DarkDemon Rank Team" right where you sliced the guy's head. The effects (both the spark and blood effects) looked absolutely incredible, very detailed and it was cool to see what you could do without the typical Pivot limitations. Another thing I loved was the camera movement which made the animation feel like an action movie. You zoomed in/out of things nicely, followed the action well and what I really, really liked was how you even slanted the camera at a certain angle in places to make it even more action-like. Also related to the camera work was the depth of focus you used which added yet another layer of professional quality to it.

The movements themselves were absolutely incredible. It was like seeing your Pivot work except if it was double the smoothness. Everything was proportional, realistic and smooth and you even had some interesting motion arcs (like the hand making circular motions at the end). Juke told me months ago that your entry looked like a professional animated it, but I seriously doubted that. All doubt was removed days ago when the collab released. Flash has definitely given you the ability to show-case what you're truly capable of.

#DarkdemonPower
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Krustalien » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:14 pm

I am coming from this not really knowing what it is but I watched it and the main thing I took away was holy CHRIST Marvilicious. I remember when you were an ickle newb with weird timing (and a tendency to copy my style ya lil shit) but damn, that was beautiful and flawless. I had to watch it back to believe it. Please make this your profession, you are REALLY GOOD.

Not to take away from anyone else of course, this has to be one of the best outputs from the DD name in years. Well done everyone.
KrustalienOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ussay » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:21 pm

That's right, Krusty, I have to say that Marvy saved the day! I really enjoyed his entry, hence, I ended up loving him even more.
If there's a second part let's make it even better D':<
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby SIFTER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:43 pm

I'm sure we've all learned from the mistakes we've made in each of our animation-at least I know I've learned from it, like my DDC12- so it's out of the question that we won't make it better.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Aldiar Aldiar » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 am

Sifter wrote:I'm sure we've all learned from the mistakes we've made in each of our animation-at least I know I've learned from it, like my DDC12- so it's out of the question that we won't make it better.

please sifter give the piv animation!)

Project:Goku vs Vegeta.Frames:380(Not complete)

Blood Collab:184(Complete)
Aldiar AldiarOffline
Active
Active

Postby Marvilicious » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:59 am

Thank you guys so much! Since animating for this I couldn't be bothered to touch Flash or Pivot again for longer than a couple of minutes anymore but man, after reading all those comments I sure want to make even better stuff in the future. Let's see what I can do! (thumbsup
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby Caleb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:40 am

Damn, naming my firstborn after you Marv.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Previous

Return to Announcements