TV Shows

Post your media interests here.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Peebles » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:11 am

jota wrote:What do you think about Better Call Saul? Loving it so far, kinda fills the emptiness that BB left when it ended...

E:Didn't realise this was a bump, sorry 'bout that...

I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed both. Stylistically similar to BB in terms of how the stories unfold, shots, pacing, etc. So far it's been pure build up but I can already tell it's going to be a dense story. It'll be fun to view into the show's background (in terms of characters).

Spoiler:
It was nice to see some familiar faces of course, and I loved how they showed Saul's life after BB in the beginning. A nice touch that goes to show that nobody really got out of that situation without a lot of baggage. And obviously James has to change him name to Saul at one point in the show, most likely in a similar vein to what he had to do at the end of BB.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:15 am

I watch Red Band Society. Or used to, since it wont be coming back for another season since ratings went down. Though I do think FOX should sell out to ABC because they could really do something with it.

At least it had a pretty pleasing ending. Overall I very much enjoyed that show.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Stickid » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Peebles wrote:
jota wrote:What do you think about Better Call Saul? Loving it so far, kinda fills the emptiness that BB left when it ended...

E:Didn't realise this was a bump, sorry 'bout that...

I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed both. Stylistically similar to BB in terms of how the stories unfold, shots, pacing, etc. So far it's been pure build up but I can already tell it's going to be a dense story. It'll be fun to view into the show's background (in terms of characters).

Spoiler:
It was nice to see some familiar faces of course, and I loved how they showed Saul's life after BB in the beginning. A nice touch that goes to show that nobody really got out of that situation without a lot of baggage. And obviously James has to change him name to Saul at one point in the show, most likely in a similar vein to what he had to do at the end of BB.

i'm enjoying Better Call Saul as well. but i have to say the shift in narrative focus in some episodes has been a little jarring for me. not that i'm disinterested in what's going on, it just feels funny to go from hard crime drama one episode to lighthearted storytelling in another

speaking of lighthearted, i've been having alot of fun watching The Last Man on Earth. everything seems so straightforward and relateable

also started watching Vikings, i'm at the beginning of season 2, reeeally liking this show so far
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Axon » Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 am

watchin some battlestar galactica, wouldn't usually go for something spaceship-py like this but I am glad I did it's really good
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Vicco » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Breaking Bad was amazing. Walking Dead was pretty good, too, but it got boring in the 4th season. I used to watch Married With Children a few years back, in my opinion that show is amazing. Right now I'm watching the first season of Vikings, love it so far.
ViccoOffline

Postby Gage » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Started watching Mr. Robot, my Uncle seems to like it a lot since all of the technology they use in it is actually real

Also 4chan
GageOffline
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 pm

I just started watching Metastisis, the Hispanic remake of Breaking Bad. So far I think it's better. I've watched Breaking Bad through four times, it's one of my favorite things, but this... my god. It's edited like a typical mexican telenovela, but there was some obvious talent behind the directing and some of the actors. It ends up with a way less serious feel than the original, what with the mariachi music showing up seemingly randomly, but this isn't really a bad thing; life isn't serious. Maybe it's not a replacement for the original, but seeing it all as far more light hearted makes it feel more real, cause real life is basically a stupid mexican telenovela.

Keep in mind though I've been binge watching it while very high, so it might not be quite as good, but trust me, it's an experience regardless of your mental state.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby qbeef » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Has anyone watched true detective? the name rings of 'generic crime mystery show' but apparently it's actually pretty good. thinking of watching through it this weekend.
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:21 am

i watched an episode of rick and morty and it was crushingly depressing

but funny
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Rebmund10 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 am

Cowboy Memebop wrote:i watched an episode of rick and morty and it was crushingly depressing

but funny

What episode? Is it Auto Erotic Assimilation? That episode was depressing in the end.

Also, it's been several months now but after rewatching Not What He Seems from Gravity Falls, I'm still astonished by it. It's pretty much the best episode of the series.
Rebmund10Offline
Active
Active

Postby TθPS » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:12 am

I just started walking dead series,yeah i know it's realy late for that,it's becuz i don't have fox channel :< so i have to download it to watch it...so yeah,walking dead is awesome
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby Daniël » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Who's seen the latest season of South Park? I got home stoned a few days back and started watching Comedy Central. There was an episode of South Park on, which is always pretty sweet, and it ended up being a split-up episode in like 5 parts or something.
Don't want to spoil anything, but that shit was definitely recommendable. Some really dope references too.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jack » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Daniël wrote:Who's seen the latest season of South Park? I got home stoned a few days back and started watching Comedy Central. There was an episode of South Park on, which is always pretty sweet, and it ended up being a split-up episode in like 5 parts or something.
Don't want to spoil anything, but that shit was definitely recommendable. Some really dope references too.

I haven't seen any of the newest season yet. I probably oughta.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Carl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Currently watching 3rd season of Skins. Awesome show.
CarlOffline
Active
Active

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I just finished watching Breaking Bad. It really deserves all of its praise, what a great show.

It feels bittersweet to finish watching a show you enjoy.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

PreviousNext

Return to Media