Annie May & Mango

Post your media interests here.

Re: Annie May & Mango

Postby Strider » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:25 am

Jack wrote:I saw the first couple episodes of ERASED, too. It really hit all the right notes.

There are only two.
I guess "couple" can mean two. But normally you use it to say 3-4, when speaking of non-relationship-related stuff.
But yeah, it's a great series so far, lots of potential. It has Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei vibes, not only in theme, which is cool. And great animation so far.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jack » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 pm

I was a bit of a cunt, sorry Strider.
Last edited by Jack on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Yogurt » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 pm

nice
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Jack » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Just finished Another.
Spoiler:
I get that they wanted me to feel emotion when Reiko/Ms. Mikami died, but I felt like she and her connection with Sakakibara should have gotten more screen time in order for the emotion to be there. It was still a good anime, though.

Edit: Also saw Boku Dake ga Inai Machi episode 3. Really good stuff; it's interesting, having the mind of a 29-year-old and the body of a 10-year-old.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby leon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:45 pm

Strider wrote:
Jack wrote:I saw the first couple episodes of ERASED, too. It really hit all the right notes.

There are only two.
I guess "couple" can mean two. But normally you use it to say 3-4, when speaking of non-relationship-related stuff.
But yeah, it's a great series so far, lots of potential. It has Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei vibes, not only in theme, which is cool. And great animation so far.

can you stop being such a fucking faggot jesus christ dude
leonOffline

Postby Juke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:59 am

Please chill out guys.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Grams » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:20 am

darn I missed it what happened
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Strider » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Dagashi Kashi has been a lot of fun so far.

leon wrote:can you stop being such a fucking faggot jesus christ dude

Nah, suck my dick newbie.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 am

i like this leon guy
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Yogurt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:29 pm

holy shit leon lmfao

i've been binge watching working!! it's super good
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Phewz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

leon wrote:
Strider wrote:

There are only two.

can you stop being such a fucking faggot jesus christ dude

lol did this dude make an account just to call strider a faggot

also i binge watched all of fireball and fireball charming today
i mean, not much of a feat considering each episode is like 2 minutes long but good shit nonetheless
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Alca » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:27 am

Just watched the first episode of Aria the Avvenire. Damn, absolutely incredible. After all this time it still has the same atmosphere. The scene where Athena starts singing was seriously beautiful. It's sad that both her voice actor and singer passed away. I'd really like to see more of her, I wonder if they'll use spare recordings or something.

It was really great to see into the character's lives after Aria the Origination too. I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. Also damn, that animation was such eye-candy.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Jack » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:29 am

Alca wrote:Just watched the first episode of Aria the Avvenire. Damn, absolutely incredible. After all this time it still has the same atmosphere. The scene where Athena starts singing was seriously beautiful. It's sad that both her voice actor and singer passed away. I'd really like to see more of her, I wonder if they'll use spare recordings or something.

It was really great to see into the character's lives after Aria the Origination too. I can't wait for the rest of the episodes. Also damn, that animation was such eye-candy.

*snip*
*snap*
*snip*
*snoop*

That looks really good. In order to watch that, should I watch Aria the Origination first? Or does it not matter?
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Alca » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:57 am

Jack wrote:
Alca wrote:Just watched the first episode of Aria the Avvenire. Damn, absolutely incredible. After all this time it still has the same atmosphere. The scene where Athena starts singing was seriously beautiful. It's sad that both her voice actor and singer passed away. I'd really like to see more of her, I wonder if they'll use spare recordings or something.

*snip*
*snap*
*snip*
*snoop*

That looks really good. In order to watch that, should I watch Aria the Origination first? Or does it not matter?

Well In total there's three seasons, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural and Aria the Origination, (And also a pretty important OVA, Arietta). So there's like 53 episodes worth to watch before Aria the Avvenire. Avvenire is basically a time skip after Origination so it probably wouldn't make a great deal of sense if you watched it standalone. The thing about Aria is that the plot slowly builds throughout the course of the three seasons so it's kind of difficult to skip any of it.

It's basically aimed towards a really particular type of audience, it's a healing anime so if you don't mind slow anime like Non Non Biyori and such it's worth a shot, and the climax to Aria the Origination is really worth it, it's probably the best ending to an anime I've seen to date. But some people might find it difficult to appreciate, and it's a pretty long series.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Grams » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 am

i haven't watched anything in like 2 months so heh
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

PreviousNext

Return to Media