General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: General Gaming / Computer Discussion

Postby Daniël » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:22 pm

You should be able to hit at least 20 fps if you play on low graphics.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Alca » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Finished playing a little free indie game called Presentable Liberty. The concept's pretty simple, but damn, it's quite powerful. You play as a completely isolated prisoner and most of the world's population has been wiped out by a virus. You start receiving letters from several characters and pretty much the entire game is standing there reading mail. It's a pretty interesting experience though and the ending hit me really hard in the feels. I'm feeling pretty depressed now.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Jack » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Alca wrote:Finished playing a little free indie game called Presentable Liberty. The concept's pretty simple, but damn, it's quite powerful. You play as a completely isolated prisoner and most of the world's population has been wiped out by a virus. You start receiving letters from several characters and pretty much the entire game is standing there reading mail. It's a pretty interesting experience though and the ending hit me really hard in the feels. I'm feeling pretty depressed now.

It really does make you feel things. I'm afraid I spent too much time playing that snake game though (ohyou
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:14 am

First time playing BF4 in a week or so, and I completely forgot how much of a monster the M249 was. Hot damn, best LMG in my opinion.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Vito » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:16 am

I just reinstalled my pc to 32 bit cuz 64 bit suck and laggy. Then I was about to play a game and FTW... The game crash. Then I went to control panel and saw... why does my display adapter changed?!? My display adapter is supposed to be AMD Radeon HD 6410 D but now it's different the adapter is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter :c now I can't play a game. Anyone here have a solution? Please tell me.

SOLVED!
Edit: just installed Radeon Crimson Edition 16.1 ^^
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Strider » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 am

-NV- wrote:I just reinstalled my pc to 32 bit cuz 64 bit suck and laggy.

Are you retarded?
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Vito » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:26 am

Strider wrote:
-NV- wrote:I just reinstalled my pc to 32 bit cuz 64 bit suck and laggy.

Are you retarded?

No, of course. It's suck in my pc.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Strider » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:24 am

No, you really don't know what you're talking about then. 64bit operating systems can run everything a 32bit operating system can. But 32bit operating systems can NOT run everything a 64bit operating system can.
I mean, sure do what you want, but there is literally no good reason to downgrade from 64bit. If downgrading helped your lag, it would be the fact that you reinstalled your OS from the bottom that helped, not that you downgraded.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 pm

I completely agree with Strider. If your computer could run 64bit in the first place then there's no reason at all to downgrade. There's also lots of programs you're not going to be able to use if you're running 32bit. I recommend you reinstall everything but this time make it 64bit.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Shame on you, NV..
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby qbeef » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:37 am

yeah FUCK -nv- lmao tbh
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby Vito » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:39 am

I'm ok with that statement. But I only have 2 GB Ram it's more faster with 32-bit than 64-bit, with 64-bit I only have 1 GB Ram, why? IDK It says 2,00 GB (1,49 Usable). I've decided to reinstall to 32-bit again, and still I only have 1 GB Ram.

qbeef wrote:yeah FUCK -nv- lmao tbh

I don't give a fuck.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Here's a definition I pulled off Microsoft's website. "The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system."

So basically 64-bit operating systems let you utilize more RAM if you have the extra ram. If for some reason you decided to upgrade to 8GB-16GB of RAM then you might want to consider upgrading to a 64-bit operating system. Otherwise your processor won't utilize much more than 4GB of RAM. But since you only have 2GB of RAM, you wouldn't notice any benefit from a 64-bit operating system. It would run as if you were using a 32-bit operating system.

And if you're wondering why you lag, it's probably because you only have 2GB of RAM. Also it's showing you only have 1.49GB Usable because your operating system (Windows 10) is using about 500MB. So that leaves you with around 1.5GB left. RAM is cheap. My suggestion is to buy 4GB, (two 2GB chips) and replace the ones you have. It would cost you anywhere from $25-$35.

Just make sure your motherboard is capable of supporting more than 2GB of RAM. It might not be. You also have to find out if your motherboard supports DDR2 or DDR3 DRAM. Most motherboards are compatible with DDR3 now a days, but some older computers/laptops will only support DDR2. I know my old laptop was only capable of 4GB DDR2. So you'll have to do some research.

If you can tell me who the manufacturer of that computer is and it's model type I can look for you.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Vito » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:44 am

Raymond wrote:
And if you're wondering why you lag, it's probably because you only have 2GB of RAM. Also it's showing you only have 1.49GB Usable because your operating system (Windows 10) is using about 500MB. So that leaves you with around 1.5GB left. RAM is cheap. My suggestion is to buy 4GB, (two 2GB chips) and replace the ones you have. It would cost you anywhere from $25-$35. So you'll have to do some research.

If you can tell me who the manufacturer of that computer is and it's model type I can look for you.

Thank you, I don't know that the windows 10 that uses my ram. So sorry for you guys if I accidentally called it sucks, thanks for your solution Raymond.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby qbeef » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:22 pm

-NV- wrote:
qbeef wrote:yeah FUCK -nv- lmao tbh

I don't give a fuck.

tru
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿