LordPivot's Thread - Stalactitious - Fallen

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: LordPivot's Thread - LordPivot Origins - The Great War

Postby Lord » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks for that very descriptive piece, Jojishi. I have been told by more than a few people that it's my movements holding me back.
I'll be sure to have all of those in check for when I do my next thing;

Pivot Star Wars, Part 3. :D

That bit when you mentioned the gravity of LP being in the air, It's stumped me how I didn't think about that before, now it sticks out to me like a... well... a not very nice piece of animation. :D

Thanks for all of the advice, everyone, and thanks for the vote to inters. ;)

Also, here's a couple of testy things I did with Flame a couple of days back;
Happy with this one.
Something kind of wierd with this one, but happy with it overall.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby The Black Mamba » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:11 pm

I don't know what it is about you dude. You've always had this uncanny ability to draw people in with the entertainment aspect of every project you make, even if the quality of the animation isn't up to par. Honestly, I wish I had the ability you have when I was animating. You make people forget about the emphasis on movements, easing, power, every little thing we've learned to shit bricks over, solely with the entertainment value of your animations. I started laid back in my seat, just thinking it was another animation, to bent over, 7 inches away from the screen with my eyes glued lol. Beginner, intermediate, veterans, whatever, I just hope you never lose your storytelling ability. That's what makes you stand out.

Well deserved move up my man. You're quickly becoming one of my fav animators of this generation.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Lush » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:43 am

Logged in to say congratulations my man! Been waiting for you to take that last step from high beginner to intermediate ever since your best beginner entry, and I'm glad you didn't compromise length, entertainment value or ambition with each of the projects that got you here.

Well done!
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Lord » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks Mamba, I'm really glad you were drawn in to the animation, I know you all are very content with the entertainment value of the animation, I'm trying hard now to push for quality also in Star Wars Part 3.
Thanks Lush also, Best Beginner felt like such a long time ago, and even back then, people were saying I was nearly ready for inters. XD
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Jack » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Spoiler:

With this one, I thought it was strange how his back forearm shortened, but nothing else wound up, so the punch lacked power.
Otherwise, nice job. They didn't look stiff, maybe a tiny bit shaky, but that's really it. Good job!
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Re: LordPivot's Thread - DDG

Postby Lord » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Here ye' go. My DDG. ;)
Don't forget to watch the post-credits scene too. :D

phpBB [video]
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Mori » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Man I love this one, pretty cool job!!
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby LkPB » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Great job, man! :DD
how you going?
Thread / YouTube
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
LkPBOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Llama » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Dude that was sick. Great job!

Oh god I still need to start mine ;-;
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Euclid » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:19 am

Amazing. Simply amazing. I like this.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Vito » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 am

I though the fight is gonna be 3 minutes, but hey the credits are too long haha. Otherwise, it's cool thanks for give me an inspiration.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:19 pm

You really know how to produce content! I liked that a lot man! The fighting wasn't bad. Some of your poses looked kind of weird, like how in the close up scene of the black guy's legs, his knees are always bent while walking. But overall it was easy to follow what was going on. All the different angles and scenes you used linked up fairly well. You had some nice color choices and the idea of drowning T.01 is something you don't see very often in a pivot fight.

I know you have the potential to reach veteran. I just feel like your being held back because some of your scenes can be low-intermediate at times. Like the scene at 2:28 when your character runs off the canvas, he turns around and starts running so quickly and his arms could probably bend a bit more since he's running so fast. I'm guessing it's scenes like that which keep you in the intermediate section, but when it comes to dedication and completing a goal, you've got that down pat. I can assure you that you're one of the most committed animators on this site and that's something to be proud of. Just keep having fun and those little quarks in your style will work themselves out. And nice job animating T.01's stick. I think you replicated his style pretty well for a first try at it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:41 pm

I absolutely loved this animation. The close up fight scenes were epic, and there were plenty of them too. Like Raymond said though, at the end he went into a run too fast. Maybe do a walk for a few steps and then run. Ease moar curtz?! But seriously, ease more for things like this. It's a weak movement so it doesn't require fast spacing.

Only other thing I thought you could improve is when characters spin around. Like the helmet could have a front angle at least so it doesn't look like you literally just flipped it and they look more like they're turning around. The feet at the end were a big example of this, and with them it would have been easier to do than the helmet. You could have just Ctrl+Dragged.

Also, there was this one scene that was zoomed out of the mountain with 4 frames animation for the dust cloud. Because it was drawn out for so long it looked sort of like a slide-show. It would have benefitted a lot from maybe being 8 frames long instead. Even if it would still be very choppy you'd have more movement for the viewers to know it's moving, because the first time I watched this I only noticed 2 frames of movement because I'd missed the first 2.

The things I really liked were the backgrounds/environment in general and how the characters actually interacted with it. They fall through the trees, camera recording their movement, drowning scene etc. The drowning scene was animated very well and it was creative. I liked the length of the animation and the story towards the end with the after credits scene. That was really cool.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby tuna » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:57 am

dude this animation was very good :o i loved all the backgrounds and ideas, not so much the movements but i know thats not what you're about. its a great project
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 am

Still a lot of room to improve movements wise...
But dude, great job. That was really original. I loved how they fell from that mountain and your editing was really nice. The scenes were planned really well and not seeing much stickfigures getting choked like this haha.
Looking forward to more..
The effort you put in your animation to make this long fights is insane. You're a beast.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area