No
No votes

Total votes : 0

AttackOnTootans Thread {NEW STUFF!!}

Postby AttackOnTootans » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 pm

New Stuff!!

Spoiler:
When you expect a fight scene but get bamboozled

I haven't animated in pivot for nearly a year now but I'm better? Somehow?

My old animations (Warning, lag)
Spoiler:
Run Cycle
random broly animation
ninja running thing :P
kick animation
another run test
my first punch :D
first combo!
second combo!!!
Walking number two!
Last edited by AttackOnTootans on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
AttackOnTootansOffline

Re: Decent Walk Cycle

Postby SIFTER » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:17 pm

As you can see, I've merged both of your topics into one. You're allowed to have one thread in the beginners section, and this is the one in which you will archive every single animation that you want to be ranked from now on. If you can't see a post immidiately after posting it, don't be afraid. It's simply that your posts, considering you're a newcomer, have to be approved a few times, so just be patient :D.

For your walk, I think it would be nice if you work on your footplacement enough to make it feel like he's walking—not sliding. Try to be consistent with your spacing, since when walking, sprinting, or even driving a vehicle, you take an average speed at which one moves at consistently. Poses are important too. Refer yourself to real life to see how does one shape or position at each fraction of a second and translate that into your poses when you animate. For a beginner, it was pretty nice. You went for simple which is the right thing to do in your current level, eventhough your poses are stiff. Just keep animating and you'll get somewhere.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: Decent Walk Cycle

Postby AttackOnTootans » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:04 pm

thanks for the advice :D I just joined the site so I was a bit confused XD
AttackOnTootansOffline

Re: AttackOnTootans Thread [please give cc]

Postby AttackOnTootans » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Updates!!!!! :D
AttackOnTootansOffline

Postby Jojishi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Pivot Walk Cycle
This one looks good for the most part. The arm movements look nice. On the other hand, the leg movements look off. You just kept the legs entirely straight the whole time. The back leg should bend up and the foot should come up off the ground.

Run Cycle
This was better than the walk cycle in my opinion. The movement had a great sense of momentum to it and was entertaining to watch. However, with the part where the legs crossed over it felt like they weren't crossing over if that makes sense. The front leg should have a frame where the foot touches the ground before the foot is directly below his body.

Kick Animation
His feet slide a lot, so work on keeping the feet in the same spot. The arms sort of just flail back which looks weird and he leans back way too much. The animation was a bit awkward. The way his foot came back down was choppy and looked like he just spun his leg around. It would look better if his leg bent after the kick, and then he placed it back down on the floor without it spinning around his body.

First Punch
For your first time animating a punch it's actually very good. All the poses look good, and I liked that part at the end where his body moved back a bit. It had a good sense of momentum. It was just choppy.

Anyway, I think you're quite good but you can improve your spacing (movement from one frame to the next) a lot. There are some tutorials on spacing and easing which I think you might find useful.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby AttackOnTootans » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Jojishi wrote:Pivot Walk Cycle
This one looks good for the most part. The arm movements look nice. On the other hand, the leg movements look off. You just kept the legs entirely straight the whole time. The back leg should bend up and the foot should come up off the ground.

Run Cycle
This was better than the walk cycle in my opinion. The movement had a great sense of momentum to it and was entertaining to watch. However, with the part where the legs crossed over it felt like they weren't crossing over if that makes sense. The front leg should have a frame where the foot touches the ground before the foot is directly below his body.

Kick Animation
His feet slide a lot, so work on keeping the feet in the same spot. The arms sort of just flail back which looks weird and he leans back way too much. The animation was a bit awkward. The way his foot came back down was choppy and looked like he just spun his leg around. It would look better if his leg bent after the kick, and then he placed it back down on the floor without it spinning around his body.

First Punch
For your first time animating a punch it's actually very good. All the poses look good, and I liked that part at the end where his body moved back a bit. It had a good sense of momentum. It was just choppy.

Anyway, I think you're quite good but you can improve your spacing (movement from one frame to the next) a lot. There are some tutorials on spacing and easing which I think you might find useful.

Thank you so much! :D
Last edited by AttackOnTootans on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AttackOnTootansOffline

Postby SIFTER » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Will just follow Joji's lead.

Walk cycle
Ah, yeah. I just remembered I've already gave it a cc. MOVING ON

Run cycle
I can see you've gone the lazy route with that one, seeing how the origin point doesn't move AT ALL, and the legs are straight up Naruto-ish. You want to try to make it right by giving it the right poses. Make use of references. They can be anything from your graphical memory to images and videos on the internet.

Broly animation
Stiff, and lacks the fundamentals. Not much can be said in that regard. Just reread the tutorials. The more you reread, the better.

Ninja-type run cycle
Unlike the other run cycle, you did move the origin point this time which is nice, but when it comes to the poses, what exactly has been said about the other one can be said about this one; study the poses of this type of run in an animu.

Test
Yeah. The same comment is being repeated a third time.

Punch animation
What made it lack power is its lack of anticipation. Give it some extra frames in the beginning to allow the arm and body to go backwards a bit, then animate your punch, but make it rather snappy. When thinking about anticipation, always consider how does a spring work.

Kick animation
Eventhough it's a kick animation, the same comment repeats itself a 4th time.

All in all, what Joji said, and with enough time and dedication, you'll make it somewhere.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: AttackOnTootans Thread [UPDATES]

Postby AttackOnTootans » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Update!!! (after a very long time)
AttackOnTootansOffline

Re: AttackOnTootans Thread {NEW STUFF!!}

Postby AttackOnTootans » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Wow look at that it's an update
AttackOnTootansOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall