Dante Alstons Thread .3.

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

rank me ;3 I dont think i made it right...

low beg:
41%
Med beg:
48%
High beg:
11%

Total votes : 27

Re: Dante Alstons Thread .3.

Postby Madnessthunder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:39 am

Reminds me a lot of my old animations and tests years ago, unfortunately I lost most of them when my HDD crashed. Not bad man, you need to ease more though.

There are a total of 3 frames before the punch. This is bad because there's very little anticipation and build up for his epic fucking slam dunk punch to the chin that you want to see. To fix this, slowly ease up from "fighting stance" to "punching position". The punching position would be just when he's about to punch. Then when you're there, BLAMO! Make it go from totally about to knock red guy's lights out, to fist in his fucking face to really add some heat to this punch. Just start off slow, then a little bit further away from onion skin, and then right when it's in position to punch, slow it down a little cause he's basically done "charging up" as you could say.

More frames inbetween actions will show greater fluid movements, if done correctly of course. Because there's more frames inbetween actions to show us how smoothly things transition making it look all sexy to the eyes. Just a few frames will leave us wondering, "What the hell happened I couldn't tell!!", cause there's no transition time. Now you can't just add frames inbetween shit and expect it to look marvelous, you need to transition your shits, and get good poses, which will come with due time so long as you practice practice practice.

Here's what you should do to fix your combo. Have him actually lean backward (which you did do a little :D) before the punch, and have his arm charge backwards like a slinky before he releases it. Then fucking blamo, send that shit flying forward to annihilate his opponent. You can exaggerate this to really get some power going if you want. Here's an excerpt from an old animation I did that displayed this movement a bit: http://imgur.com/a/TMOot (Warning, this is just a rough example, not at all the perfect example of this.)

If you want more of a slight jab, just do what you did but carry the movement more and really show it in the spine. The spine is kind of stiff the entire time, but whenever you throw a real punch, you'll always move your back forward a bit. And you have a good opportunity to make this flow like water, cause if you lean him forward as he punches, he walks forward anyways in your animations to do his next attack! This is going to show clear inertia and make it look much better. Remember, an object in motion stays in motion! In your anim he kinda stops for two frames, ruining the inertia of a punch.

You have foot placement down, and all you really need to fix is your easing and transitioning of actions to really make your animations shine. Sorry for the long advice, but hopefully it was helpful to you, and I was in the mood to help someone out. Mods feel free to correct me on any bad advice I may have given, as I am not a pro.

Chris: wow man (O_O

Hey check out my shitty animations
Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby EffectualHat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:42 pm

FUCK IT, UPDATE!!!!!!
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby Pop » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:41 am

Makes more sense, but make sure you make a full animation not just loops ok? Then more feedback will come.
PopOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby EffectualHat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:04 am

update <.<

JUST KILL ME NOW
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby EffectualHat » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Unt, Im back benches
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby matterkins » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:13 pm

huzzah
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby EffectualHat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:50 am

Update!
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby Youngster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:55 am

How can we say it is unrusted it is only a single move. Very good animation tho, I'm envious.
"

Currently working on:Something
YoungsterOffline
Noob
VIP

Postby andyzeke » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Really cool animations dude!Especially Un-rusted.
Make more plz.
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Postby EffectualHat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Blu VS Sunblast update?
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby xenderanimations » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 pm

ok then
xenderanimationsOffline

Postby NultimateZ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 am

neat
Hey there check our my thread brahh viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4600

NultimateZOffline

Postby EffectualHat » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:57 am

EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby EffectualHat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am

Update, someone needs to Cnc me T^T
EffectualHatOffline
Active
Active

Postby Vito » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:18 am

tbh that red vs black was good. except the thing after slowmotion, shoulda make it like this (after slowmotion |-|-|--|----|------| <-- that's better than what you did. you did it like this |-|-------------------|--------------------| now that's very sudden) it's just uhm don't read well. arc is on point, but the pose could use some work like moremorework. not that bad at all though. keep up!
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall