Juke's Retirement

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Juke's Retirement

Postby Gary » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Sadly today, we have lost our head admin, Juke. He has decided to step down after the shitstorm that happened with Shadow Lith, and we're gonna miss him.

We should all thank him for what he has done for us though. Back when we were still on A.net, he created this forum for us all to have a good place to continue the DD Legacy. He has done a good job running the forum for us, and it's sad that his time as an admin ended the way it did. Either way, I hope you have a great time with college Juke, and thank you for keeping Darkdemon afloat.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
woopeee
woopeee

Re: Juke's Retirement

Postby Lord » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Sad to see you step down Juke.
Hope you stick around though. Thanks for the forum. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks for all you did, Mr. Juke. Good luck with your future endeavors, we'll always be grateful for what you did for us.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Juke » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:25 pm

I wouldn't call myself head admin now lol. I started off creating the site but payments and legal ownerships went to Raymond as he was the one with the stable bank account at the time.
This isn't exactly how I wanted my retirement to go nor was that little bit of drama the main reason why I have, not at all. For the past few months I've been thinking about it but I was kind of leveling it out with the fact that there wasn't much of a point as loads of work wasn't needed to run the forums either. However I've decided I've stuck around as the forums face with Raymond for a bit too long now considering I haven't been truly involved with the community for some time now.
Honestly, I fucking love you guys here I've been apart of this community for over 6 years and damn it's been a great time. I've met some really good guys that I'll stay in contact for years after this site if it ever does go down. I'm glad I had the opportunity to help you guys out a bit after DA and I'm happy I was quite overhasty at the time and decided to just go ahead and make a new forum.
I'm 100% not leaving at all, I'll probably be as active as I have been for the past few months just now not wasting the admin spot with certain members blaming me for everything wrong with this site.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Mat » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks for the time you spent running the site Luke. You did a great job helping to keep us running after the a.net incident and you did your best to keep the site active and successful. You'll be missed as an admin, but you better not leave the skype group again you sexy cunt
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Extra » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:50 pm

cheers Luke
love you
ExtraOffline
i love little dog
i love little dog

Postby Hitman » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:03 pm

So many have retired now
I guess we should start a new generation of DarkDemon's
Out with the old, In with the new
RS is kinda dead now huh?,and so am I.

HitmanOffline
Active
Active

Postby Ussay » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:23 pm

I understand how you feel, bro, but we'll miss the old good Juke running this site :D nice to read that you'll keep visiting the forums, I with you the best in your journey :D!
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Jojishi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:15 pm

This was a bit of a surprise to me. At first I was worried that this was a decision made in the heat of the moment, what with all the things that happened in the Shadow-Lith thread. It's good to know that this wasn't the case.

I was shocked to see what Blademaster said about you, as though he'd completely forgotten about that you were a major reason that TDD exists as it is today. Getting quite passionate about something can make anyone forget things though. It is sad to see him retire from the Rank Team as he was doing an excellent job and I personally saw no reason for him to go at all. If anything, he was most deserving of his status, but at the end of the day it's his choice and I'll respect his decision.

Juke, you did an absolutely wonderful job with the forum. You played a major part (if not the most important part) in bringing this site back from the clutches of a certain individual: one only concerned with monetary gain. You also started the TDDchannel which has been taking off rather well this year. Your long-term vision and plans for the site helped it get back on its feet these past few years.

It's totally understandable if you have other matters to deal with in your life. I wish you the best on your personal endeavors and will always be grateful for what you've done for us.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:48 pm

It's sad to see you retire but at the same time i understand your motives.
Thanks for everything you'd done, Juke, we really appreciate it.
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MikeOnline
I'm trash

Postby Jack » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 pm

I hate to see you retire, but at least come back once in a while to say hi.
Thanks for all you've done, Juke.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Cressel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:47 am

Hey Juke you're pretty cool aight?
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Raymond » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 am

It's seldom that I resent visiting this site, but lately it's been giving me a headache. I log on after being away for a single day and simple things were blown into tremendous proportions.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:03 am

Huh, interesting. I'd love to see Adam pop his head into here and say hi. I've always been quite a lurker here since like 2008. (But not really, you guys just post a lot. Like I mean, a lot. Im actually quite active here.) But thanks for keeping DD alive after DarkAdmin. Personally think we should just meld all the kinds of animations groups into one. Not just have this pivot dedicated. Just all animation ranking system together. Due to the fact I do mainly drawn 2D animations now, and no one looks at the flash section. I've been lurking around Hyun's Dojo because they have some support with full-body animators, but nothing really beats DD's ranking system and how it really does help you improve and the push to get to that rank above is a great motivator.

No seperate program section, just all animation in general, 4 sections, beginner, intermediate, veteran, elite.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby MCToast » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:03 am

Ah finally, I applaud.

Let's make DD great again.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Next

Return to Announcements