Gatashu's Thread [Updated - 12/31/17]

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED! - 7/22/16]

Postby Blademaster » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:06 pm

Horsie wrote:
Blademaster wrote:Whooooaaaaaaaaaaaa holy shit. that's awesome!

Yeah, i agree.

Courtesy?

Courtesy means to give some CC back
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED! - 7/22/16]

Postby Gatashu » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Horsie wrote:I'm not a big fan of the "anime styled" animations, with same same effects and movements, but i have to say that it looks pretty promising. Keep it up.

I'd be surprised if someone was lol. Well thanks I guess.

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 7/24/16]

Postby Blademaster » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:13 pm

add some more frames to the landing to show off some weight, anticipation.
at the moment there is no real landing and he feels so light.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Gatashu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Blademaster wrote:add some more frames to the landing to show off some weight, anticipation.
at the moment there is no real landing and he feels so light.

I would've done that but I was aiming for a fast-paced landing with the sig running right after the landing. Also thanks.

How would I successfully animate a fast-paced landing with a run without it looking unrealistic? Exaggerated poses and high spacing?

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Postby Setto » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:04 am

I think if you jumped from a high spot while running you'd just kinda land and stumble a bit and then keep on running if you're going for realistic
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Memphis » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:26 pm

I know it's going to sound slightly harsh, but you may want to do yourself a favor and break free from this habit of animating signature-stickmen. Especially DBZ. I'm serving it to you blunt and cold. At least for a period, until you become an intermediate.
Cater the basics of movements and spacing (important!) with good & simple bases which are easy to animate and rescale. Click this link to download a .piv file with 4 good bases in it. I compiled them together for you.
Given your current skillset based on what you have shown, I'd say you're borderlining intermediate right now. Surely, I am biased towards clean bases as you may have noticed, however your general knowledge of the fundamental aspects is up there with the intermediates', regardless of my preference for certain types of stickmen.
Moving on, I have to say I am absolutely fond of your effects, cinematics and camerawork. They all seem rather fantastic to me, especially the ones shown in "Unique encounter" and "Xeon vs Viridion". You seem to have quite a lot of potential in this particular field, which I appreciate (I, myself being a cinematic lover). Good cinematics can transmute a mediocre animation into a masterpiece. (thumbsup
See you once you're moved up.
Shadow-Lith 2 - Being flashed
Spoiler:
former names on the old DD: ~Sharp / Memphis / sm0k33w33d420 / PervertedScumFuck / Radium / VginaDinahr / Camden / Mayfire
MemphisOffline
Active
Active

Postby Gatashu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Hades wrote:I know it's going to sound slightly harsh, but you may want to do yourself a favor and break free from this habit of animating signature-stickmen. Especially DBZ. I'm serving it to you blunt and cold. At least for a period, until you become an intermediate.
Cater the basics of movements and spacing (important!) with good & simple bases which are easy to animate and rescale. Click this link to download a .piv file with 4 good bases in it. I compiled them together for you.
Given your current skillset based on what you have shown, I'd say you're borderlining intermediate right now. Surely, I am biased towards clean bases as you may have noticed, however your general knowledge of the fundamental aspects is up there with the intermediates', regardless of my preference for certain types of stickmen.
Moving on, I have to say I am absolutely fond of your effects, cinematics and camerawork. They all seem rather fantastic to me, especially the ones shown in "Unique encounter" and "Xeon vs Viridion". You seem to have quite a lot of potential in this particular field, which I appreciate (I, myself being a cinematic lover). Good cinematics can transmute a mediocre animation into a masterpiece. (thumbsup
See you once you're moved up.

Lol that's not harsh at all, in fact it's nice to finally read some good cnc. Thanks for the .piv file with the bases and that's kind of you to take time out of your day to do that for me. I'll use those in my practice animations, so they'll be put to good use. I've got mixed feelings about the "borderline intermediate" part, but then again you were a veteran at one point so you should know more about ranking than me. Thanks again

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Postby Raymond » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Wow man I never really looked at your old animations. The effects and backgrounds in some of them are phenomenal, even if they are DBZ animations or signature sticks. Your new ones aren't bad, but your movements could use some work. Regardless though, your effects are really nice! And your OPC entry is definitely intermediate. Just hang in there until the collab is released. xD
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Gatashu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Raymond wrote:Wow man I never really looked at your old animations. The effects and backgrounds in some of them are phenomenal, even if they are DBZ animations or signature sticks. Your new ones aren't bad, but your movements could use some work. Regardless though, your effects are really nice! And your OPC entry is definitely intermediate. Just hang in there until the collab is released. xD

Thanks Raymond and I'm hanging in there lol.
My opm entry is intermediate? Psshhh yeah right. It was a breaking rust project so it couldn't be intermediate, but thanks regardless.
Movements have always been my weak spot in pivot but I'm patiently working on strengthening it.

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 7/28/16]

Postby Gatashu » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:59 am

Update - Combo animation.

Any tips to improve?

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Postby Memphis » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:36 am

Spoiler:

Everything was nice and flowy, I liked the power! The foot placement is spot on, the movements are well spaced out and I feel really sorry for the default stickman. (frown
One thing I would criticise is that the last kick looked a bit... iffy, and rushed. It's as if he didn't mean to kick him, but he was standing in his way so he had to do it anyway. It didn't feel really connected and it came out of nowhere. It was a kick to the groin as far as I can see, but the pose prior to the windup is rather strange. Also the default stickman's "wobbling" motion, is it supposed to represent him bouncing off the floor after hitting it? It looks slightly clumsy if anything, though I get that this is only a practice combo, and the focus is on the black base, not the default one. And the last thing, it seems to me like you could slide in an extra frame or two when the black stickman leaves the box. I find it rushed and it's a not-so-good way to end the animation.

Aside from those petty flaws, I have to say I am digging it. (and the fact that you used one of the 4 bases I sent you)
High-beginner, yes, that is a rough approximation. I'd advise you to take your time with the animations, and post in Freestyle if they don't live up to your standards. This is a good one, but you could've done better (and you know it).
If I were you, I'd stick to the gift of cinematics that you seem to own. It suits you perfectly and helps complement your movements.
Good luck!
Shadow-Lith 2 - Being flashed
Spoiler:
former names on the old DD: ~Sharp / Memphis / sm0k33w33d420 / PervertedScumFuck / Radium / VginaDinahr / Camden / Mayfire
MemphisOffline
Active
Active

Postby Gatashu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Hades wrote:
Spoiler:

Everything was nice and flowy, I liked the power! The foot placement is spot on, the movements are well spaced out and I feel really sorry for the default stickman. (frown
One thing I would criticise is that the last kick looked a bit... iffy, and rushed. It's as if he didn't mean to kick him, but he was standing in his way so he had to do it anyway. It didn't feel really connected and it came out of nowhere. It was a kick to the groin as far as I can see, but the pose prior to the windup is rather strange. Also the default stickman's "wobbling" motion, is it supposed to represent him bouncing off the floor after hitting it? It looks slightly clumsy if anything, though I get that this is only a practice combo, and the focus is on the black base, not the default one. And the last thing, it seems to me like you could slide in an extra frame or two when the black stickman leaves the box. I find it rushed and it's a not-so-good way to end the animation.

Aside from those petty flaws, I have to say I am digging it. (and the fact that you used one of the 4 bases I sent you)
High-beginner, yes, that is a rough approximation. I'd advise you to take your time with the animations, and post in Freestyle if they don't live up to your standards. This is a good one, but you could've done better (and you know it).
If I were you, I'd stick to the gift of cinematics that you seem to own. It suits you perfectly and helps complement your movements.
Good luck!

He kicked the default out of his way but it could've been done better I suppose. Thanks for cnc.

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 8/25/16]

Postby Gatashu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 am

Breaking rust with a few newish animations. Cya in a few months..

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active
Active

Postby Outdated » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:53 am

that jump was pretty fluid, nice work man
Firecracker wrote:Remember, movements aren't everything, creativity is just as important.

a.k.a. talkingcd

maybe I am
OutdatedOffline
Bot
VIP

Postby Gatashu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Outdated wrote:that jump was pretty fluid, nice work man

Fluid = Love.. hehe

Spiders are the best.

GatashuOffline
Active