Want to buy an animation

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Want to buy an animation

Postby benny » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello,

I'm very new to this forum and like the community already.
However, I have no intention of becoming an active member, as I'm not a creative person at all. Not capable of creating stick animations.
The reason I'm posting here is because I would like to have a simple animation created.
A nephew of mine is getting married and tradition is that we do a sketch show at the wedding. For this, we need a small animation of a stick figure, with his face on it.
The guy had serious eczema as a kid and underwent treatment where he bathed in special fluids. We want to make a parody on this where he jumped into a holy water pool in Lourdes, France. So a simple stick animation of a guy that walks into the frame while scratching/itching and then jumps into a natural pool next to a place sign that says 'Lourdes'.

We want to pay for it, but since it's not a commercial thing, our budget is limited.
Can I make a request like this on this forum? Where do I best place it?
And what would be a good price for it? Or how long would it take a pro to create this?
Pm me if you're interest in making it.

greetings,
Benny
bennyOffline

Re: Want to buy an animation

Postby tuna » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 pm

hi :)

we're all amateurs on this website and we dont get many requests but that sounds like a fun little project. i could do it for you for free by the end of this month, it'll give me something to do on a spare day before school restarts in september. i wanna do animation as a career too so tbh this would be very cool for me to do, it's like experience. sound ok to you? (check out the link to my thread in my signature for an idea of how my anims look, if you'd like)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby elixir » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:59 pm

as long as you invite everyone here to the wedding
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby benny » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:30 am

Tuna wrote:hi :)

we're all amateurs on this website and we dont get many requests but that sounds like a fun little project. i could do it for you for free by the end of this month, it'll give me something to do on a spare day before school restarts in september. i wanna do animation as a career too so tbh this would be very cool for me to do, it's like experience. sound ok to you? (check out the link to my thread in my signature for an idea of how my anims look, if you'd like)

Your work looks amazing, I'd be very happy to accept your offer. One problem though, the wedding is next week Friday (26th). And we need a few days to finalize the sketch. So by the end of the month will be too late :( Are you able to do it sooner?
Of course, the offer to pay is still open. Or I can buy you something on AliExpress for example :)

Elixir wrote:as long as you invite everyone here to the wedding

(cheesygrin
You'd be very welcome if it were my wedding ;)
bennyOffline

Postby tuna » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 am

benny wrote:
Tuna wrote:hi :)

Your work looks amazing, I'd be very happy to accept your offer. One problem though, the wedding is next week Friday (26th). And we need a few days to finalize the sketch. So by the end of the month will be too late :( Are you able to do it sooner?
Of course, the offer to pay is still open. Or I can buy you something on AliExpress for example :)

Elixir wrote:as long as you invite everyone here to the wedding

(cheesygrin
You'd be very welcome if it were my wedding ;)

yeah, no worries, the animation will probably only take about a day. i'll just need to set one aside for you. when you send me the final sketch, i'll start.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Return to Help & Site Feedback