A New Site Name?

Random discussions belong here.

A New Site Name?

Postby matterkins » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi, guys. I was thinking about the future and stumbled upon TheAniLounge. It made me think of when it was active and thoughts led to others and eventually when this site will just die. What would the new site be called if there was another new version? Would there even be a new darkdemon site and how long do you think this would last? It's a weird idea but I thought I'd make a post about it.

I haven't seen anyone else talk about it so please tell me if a thread on this already exists so I'll delete this.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: A New Site Name?

Postby Llama » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 pm

it would probably take something pretty big to topple this site another time over. the oldies will definitely know/remember the times the site traded hands, the last time being disastrous because the new owner basically disappeared off the face of the earth for a while before turning up and not doing anything. honestly im pretty confident that this site will stay intact for a long while.

even if it dies and revives itself somehow this community will still probably carry the darkdemon name, its basically our standard now. besides theres a few techie members here so im sure the site would be able to float just fine from a programming standpoint. most everyone is also on some other form of community, whether it be skype, discord, etc so we could all turn to that as a temporary "forum" if this one ever fails.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Yogurt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:16 pm

this site's pretty much dead anyway
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby matterkins » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Llama wrote:it would probably take something pretty big to topple this site another time over. the oldies will definitely know/remember the times the site traded hands, the last time being disastrous because the new owner basically disappeared off the face of the earth for a while before turning up and not doing anything. honestly im pretty confident that this site will stay intact for a long while.

even if it dies and revives itself somehow this community will still probably carry the darkdemon name, its basically our standard now. besides theres a few techie members here so im sure the site would be able to float just fine from a programming standpoint. most everyone is also on some other form of community, whether it be skype, discord, etc so we could all turn to that as a temporary "forum" if this one ever fails.

If a similar case happens like last time what would the name be? It couldn't just be the new dark demon.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby SIFTER » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:03 pm

That's for the new owner to decide. Any predictions made are pointless.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:03 pm

I remember that a few years back there were suggestions for a new site name and one of them was Light Angel, which seemed cool to me.

But like Llama said, if the incident with DA proved anything it's that we're quite a resilient community. Personally, I don't think this site will ever just die one day. It might change quite a lot, maybe even in name, but the community itself will live on even if it's through other avenues. I don't think this stuff is worth worrying over though. People were saying the site was dead 3 years ago but it's clearly quite active right now. If the time ever comes, then we worry about it then but for now it's just best to enjoy it.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything