Ray's Art: Ben #2

Drawn art, concept, photography.

Re: Ray's Art: Portraits

Postby Raymond » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Coweetie wrote:you get better and better!
gotta love the newest ones.
dare to draw me some time?

Sure, I would make one for anyone that wants one. A selfie or something would make it easier on me though since I don't know your appearance that well. xD

Clies wrote:Really nice! I can see the improvement here, try practicing each section of the face separately giving them detail and realism (if realism is what you are going for, I guess it's pretty obvious that you are) and you will have much better result next time! Check this channel's tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/Sycra, they are a gift from god if you ask me, they have helped me with anatomy, construction and pretty much everything I recommend it a lot, hope to see more portraits soon!

I might make a few larger sketches soon so I can work on different areas a bit more. I've watched Sycra's video regarding analytical drawing vs intuitive drawing and maybe a few others, but I couldn't remember his channel. Thanks for the link and encouragement! (^:

And thanks Elixir, I don't plan on stopping. I've really enjoyed making all of these.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Trump & Clinton

Postby Raymond » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Good luck future America.

RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby elixir » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:35 pm

trumps hair isn't fucked enough hillary looks good except for her mouth
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Finom » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 pm

God that mouth makes her look like a demon, but I really like it, keep going!
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Michi » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 am

Really digging that smug trump.
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks guys, I'm working on a larger one now for my friends birthday.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Andrew

Postby Raymond » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:31 pm

I made this for my friend's birthday today. I'm not that skilled in drawing full-body portraits yet so I had to use a reference for this one. The body is pretty similar to the reference, minus some textures and design changes. I was able to make his head/helmet without a reference, but that's because I've been practicing portraits. I'm sure with time I'll be able to make one completely on my own.

Andrew
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Coweetie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:01 pm

oh crap hahah , the faces on trump an hillay! I don't want to be mean- if you tried to get them realistic ,then I congrat you. The faces are so hilarious somehow.

If you want real critic about your new one, I'd love to give you so.
The amount of details you added is so damn high, I can't even ...yeah, that's it, I can't even.
About the posing- you did really well, but,what you should practise is proportions from the haands. The hands look way too tiny. Slap your hand against your face, and you will see how your hand is quite the size of your face.
also it is a funny thing to think of-you slapping yourself into the face.heh.

I love the expression of the face on your latest drawing, really!
Well, I still see potential for improvement for realism. But this seems to be a style-and, honestly, I love how you draw faces. keep your way mate
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby XElite109 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 pm

wow thats very detailed with very clean line work. tbh the only thing that makes it look weird is the faces.
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:03 pm

XElite109 wrote:tbh the only thing that makes it look weird is the faces.

I think what's causing that, specifically with the Donald Trump face, is that the underlying structure doesn't feel like it's there. The face is looking up, but the rest of the body doesn't convey this because his shoulders slump forward. The hair feels like it should be taller and the left eye looks too high for some reason. Either the body lines are too thick, or the face lines are too thin, but whatever it is it makes the faces feel pasted on.

I like the detail, but it has an uncanny feeling to it due to structural issues.

Hillary Clinton's left arm bends at the top third, when it should either be straight or the entire arm bent.

It feels as though the sleeve was drawn before the arm was.

So, the things I like are the detail and you've got a nice realistic style. However, the underlying structure doesn't feel like it's there. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. However, this video goes into the underlying structure of the body, which I think you'll find helpful:

phpBB [video]

You can obviously still reference and draw from life, but you'll see huge improvements if you know about the underlying construction.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Coweetie wrote:oh crap hahah , the faces on trump an hillay! I don't want to be mean- if you tried to get them realistic ,then I congrat you. The faces are so hilarious somehow.
It's good they made you laugh. I tried to make them look like goons. (^:
Coweetie wrote:About the posing- you did really well, but,what you should practise is proportions from the haands. The hands look way too tiny. Slap your hand against your face, and you will see how your hand is quite the size of your face.
also it is a funny thing to think of-you slapping yourself into the face.heh.
I was having trouble with the hands. For the most part I know where all the creases should be, but I need to work on proportions.
Coweetie wrote:I love the expression of the face on your latest drawing, really!
Well, I still see potential for improvement for realism. But this seems to be a style-and, honestly, I love how you draw faces. keep your way mate
Thanks I've been having a lot of fun with these sketches. I can't say I'm that artistic, or that I've been doing this for very long, but I don't think I'll stop anytime soon.

Jojishi wrote:
XElite109 wrote:tbh the only thing that makes it look weird is the faces.

I think what's causing that, specifically with the Donald Trump face, is that the underlying structure doesn't feel like it's there. The face is looking up, but the rest of the body doesn't convey this because his shoulders slump forward. The hair feels like it should be taller and the left eye looks too high for some reason. Either the body lines are too thick, or the face lines are too thin, but whatever it is it makes the faces feel pasted on.

I like the detail, but it has an uncanny feeling to it due to structural issues.

Hillary Clinton's left arm bends at the top third, when it should either be straight or the entire arm bent.

It feels as though the sleeve was drawn before the arm was.
I did do it this way, which I realize is the wrong way now. I didn't draw the arm before the clothing because erasing too much spreads out the lead and blurs/darkens the image. So a lot of times I would see a mistake and try to fix it 1-2 times before trying to work on a different part and come back. I feel like it's the paper I'm using. It's like computer paper mixed with construction paper. I'm tempted to just buy a nice tablet I can draw with. One that has a screen on it. And that way I can work with layers.
Jojishi wrote:So, the things I like are the detail and you've got a nice realistic style. However, the underlying structure doesn't feel like it's there. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. However, this video goes into the underlying structure of the body, which I think you'll find helpful:

phpBB [video]

You can obviously still reference and draw from life, but you'll see huge improvements if you know about the underlying construction.
I appreciate all the advice. I'll check out this guys videos and the one you linked. I'm still new to this and would like to sit down and draw when I have time rather than trying to do other things at the same time. A lot of these I do for fun and mainly just to kill time. (Except the new one, I spent more time than usual on that one.)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Ben

Postby Raymond » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks again everyone for all the advice. I made a new one today.

Ben
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Ron

Postby Raymond » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:44 pm

I made another. The arms are uneven and out of proportion. I'd fix it but I'm home now and don't have it on me. He can deal with funny looking arms haha.

Ron
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Rock Golem

Postby Raymond » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:35 pm

I felt like making something fictional for once lol

Rock Golem
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Ray's Art: Rock Golem

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork / Photography