Need some help, didn't know where to post this

Have a natter here with other users!

Need some help, didn't know where to post this

Postby Ech0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello, I'm new to Pivot and am trying to make an animation. I'm having a bit of an issue where I have a sound file which I plan to run in the background when recording the animation, but I have no idea how many frames there are in a second. Can someone spare me a bit of time and tell me how many frames there are in a second? It's already going to be a lot of work and if someone could spare me some of that work and tell me how many frames there are in a second, I will be eternally grateful.
Ech0Offline

Re: Need some help, didn't know where to post this

Postby Will » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Number in the bottom right there, whatever you set that to is the frames per second.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Ech0 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:18 am

Ah, thank you, this is actually a huge help.
Ech0Offline

Postby Raymond » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Ech0 wrote:Ah, thank you, this is actually a huge help.

Keep in mind that when you export a pivot animation as a GIF it will slightly speed up the animation. So in order to get around this, once you're ready to export the animation, click the down arrow 3 times in the picture Will linked above, and then export the animation as a GIF.

If you don't do this the sounds won't SYNC up right.

Edit: You also said you plan to record the animation. If you are going to use some type of recording software I would advise against it since Pivot has it's own built in exporter for both AVI files and GIF files. When you're finished with the animation and you've lowered the speed by 3 clicks, just click File --> Export Animation --> Under file type choose (GIF Animation) --> Choose where you want to save the GIF file and what you want to name it --> Choose your exporting settings (I generally leave it as is). Then you have an animated GIF which you can import into a video editing software like Sony Vegas Pro or Windows Movie Maker, where you can add sound effects to it and preview the animation with sounds before exporting the final video.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Return to General Talk