Darkbert Style

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Darkbert Style

Postby Crono » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:37 am

Horsie wrote:
Raymond wrote:Your effects look like a rough copy of something that could be much better.

I dont want to be rude, but the smoke is from toast's run joint/vet joint parts, and the rest effects are mine. But i really like how u combined them both, the colours are nice, but look at the end of the animation, how the smoke is fading away, u are using the same sticks that toast made, and the biggest problem is that u dont know how to continue the sticks cuz they arent yours, that why its shaky and fadding too fast.

Still, i like how u played with the colors, it not like im mad cuz u are using my particles, particles are just particles, it not about to have the same particles but about how you animete them, but the problem is the smoke as i said before, its just copy paste from toast's animations and that why it looks kinda chaotic and messy.

I've never even seen, or cannot recall seeing, this animation you're talking about. I don't even recall where I got the sticks I use. It's almost like public domain, my dude. I don't really care to use sticks in whatever certain order they go in. Nor do I care who made them. Using multiple sticks to create an image is what I like to do, and it seems to be working for me. Shit, half of the sticks aren't even fucking intended to be used to animate smoke.

I'll use whatever sticks I wish to use, in any fashion I wish to use them.

I don't copy and paste anything, you chode. I make what I want and it's fun, fuck a bunch of restrictions. My animations would look the same in flash or anything else because my style of drawing and creating transposes to the choices I make in Pivot. I have all these sweet sticks because of their super like organic, useful shapes. If I have a stick that someone made and it's meant to be used as a muzzle flash for a gun, I can sure as shit use it to animate smoke. It's about learning and figuring out what is applicable to my style and what is not. Notice I've used all these sticks in different, albeit subtle, ways to create ultimately the same effects.
CronoOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Raymond » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:22 am

I'm genuinely curious now, did you make any new sticks for this or are they all pre-made sticks you randomly found? You're right that pivot sticks are public domain, especially if people release them online, but most people give out credit as respect to the animator who made the sticks. Regardless of that, what you're doing is pretty cool, it actually creates a very unique style of effects.

As smoke expands it starts moving a lot slower, so it looks nice when you simply enlarge a stick and slowly fade it out, but if you were to flesh out the outlines of the smoke and make their spacing more even, it wouldn't look as jittery. And I think that's what Horsie was trying to explain. If you did use pre-made effects, making a few of your own to smooth out the smoke would have improved the look and gave it more of your own style. Please don't take my comment the wrong way though. I'm not harassing you for using someone else's sticks, I'm just trying to give you an idea of what could make the smoke look more dynamic.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Horsie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Crono wrote:I'll use whatever sticks I wish to use, in any fashion I wish to use them.

U got weirdly defensive then, u will be stuck with the effects u have right now, untill some1 will make new effects sticks, that u will be able to steal, and use them in your's animaitons. Anyway, i dont really care, good luck with that. But making something in your own isn't that bad u know :).
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Honestly I think the effects look good even if Crono's used other people's sticks. That's why I've always said they've been animated nicely, but never said that about the sticks. I'm almost certain those gun muzzle sticks were mine, but I don't care if I'm not credited since they took hardly any effort to make and I'm just happy to see them get used. Maybe other people feel different for their own reasons. Whatever the case, it's totally okay to use other people's sticks, but they want to be credited which isn't asking for too much.

The animation itself is quite cool. The movements look excellent, and the effects are animated and used well (key difference between animated and drawn). Raymond has given some good cc already, so I don't think I need to say much else.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Crono » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Raymond wrote:I'm genuinely curious now, did you make any new sticks for this or are they all pre-made sticks you randomly found? You're right that pivot sticks are public domain, especially if people release them online, but most people give out credit as respect to the animator who made the sticks. Regardless of that, what you're doing is pretty cool, it actually creates a very unique style of effects.

As smoke expands it starts moving a lot slower, so it looks nice when you simply enlarge a stick and slowly fade it out, but if you were to flesh out the outlines of the smoke and make their spacing more even, it wouldn't look as jittery. And I think that's what Horsie was trying to explain. If you did use pre-made effects, making a few of your own to smooth out the smoke would have improved the look and gave it more of your own style. Please don't take my comment the wrong way though. I'm not harassing you for using someone else's sticks, I'm just trying to give you an idea of what could make the smoke look more dynamic.

I think I need to go back and just like copy and paste the smoke detail sticks and just adjust the size or something. I think when going back to add the effects I moved the sticks a little... poorly. Thanks for the great comment.

Jojishi wrote:Honestly I think the effects look good even if Crono's used other people's sticks. That's why I've always said they've been animated nicely, but never said that about the sticks. I'm almost certain those gun muzzle sticks were mine, but I don't care if I'm not credited since they took hardly any effort to make and I'm just happy to see them get used. Maybe other people feel different for their own reasons. Whatever the case, it's totally okay to use other people's sticks, but they want to be credited which isn't asking for too much.

The animation itself is quite cool. The movements look excellent, and the effects are animated and used well (key difference between animated and drawn). Raymond has given some good cc already, so I don't think I need to say much else.

Thank you! As I've said before, is it not enough that these sticks are even being used? Thousands of people, a.k.a. not many mafuckers, animate with Pivot, so for sticks to be reused should be awesome for the people that made them. Also it should be even cooler for people who see their sticks being used in ways they didn't intend.

Thanks for the sticks. Lmao. Also thanks for the great comment.
CronoOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Horsie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 am

Crono wrote:is it not enough that these sticks are even being used? Thousands of people, a.k.a. not many mafuckers, animate with Pivot, so for sticks to be reused should be awesome for the people that made them.

It's not the same when it comes to effects that are 10000 harder to make in pivot than normal bases or weapons, make something urself and you will find out what I mean.

And yes, im not too happy to see some1 using my effects, some1 who dont even give a shit about "credz". That my opinion.

joji i remember big ass comment u made in vet chat, the comment was about your effects from your dbz serie, i remember u were not too happy, the comment was removed pretty fast tho, but i remember it pretty well, so u should know what im talking about.
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Crono » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:15 am

Horsie wrote:
Crono wrote:is it not enough that these sticks are even being used? Thousands of people, a.k.a. not many mafuckers, animate with Pivot, so for sticks to be reused should be awesome for the people that made them.

It's not the same when it comes to effects that are 10000 harder to make in pivot than normal bases or weapons, make something urself and you will find out what I mean.

And yes, im not too happy to see some1 using my effects, some1 who dont even give a shit about "credz". That my opinion.

joji i remember big ass comment u made in vet chat, the comment was about your effects from your dbz serie, i remember u were not too happy, the comment was removed pretty fast tho, but i remember it pretty well, so u should know what im talking about.

I've been animating for nearly ten years - I've made plenty of sticks.

Also, what the fuck are you talking about? I've never made anything related to DBZ. Can you just fuck off? Your weaboo anime shit is ruining my thread.

CREDITS TO WHOEVER DREW A FUCKING STICKMAN AND OR STICK OBJECT.
CronoOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Horsie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 am

Crono wrote:I've been animating for nearly ten years - I've made plenty of sticks.

I dont give a damn about it, i never used any of your "sticks" and i wouldnt cuz i prefer to do my work all myself.
Crono wrote:Also, what the fuck are you talking about? I've never made anything related to DBZ.

I'm talking to Joji, read before you gonna say something pointless.
Crono wrote:Your weaboo anime shit is ruining my thread.

That's your problem :)

Crono wrote:Can you just fuck off?

Yeah, sure man, just dont use my effects and will be fine. idk what about toast, but from what i heard on discord he wasnt happy that "legendary elite whatever ive been animating for 10 years" copied his smoke effects" but in the end he said that he dont care so i guess u can keep on stealing his shit.
Crono wrote:CREDITS TO WHOEVER DREW A FUCKING STICKMAN AND OR STICK OBJECT.

I'm not talking about stickmans or stick object but premade effects.

Enjoy my weebo anime shit now.
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby MCToast » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:47 am

Some sticks are made for personal use, like when you make a DDC entry you don't expect that the effects gets taken out and reused.

The smoke is jittery and doesn't follow a path smoothly, it jumps around. It does look aesthetically nice, just not animation wise. Movements of the figures are animated nicely especially on the newest one.

Dude horsie, I don't give a fuck. I'm happy they get used.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Omega » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:09 pm

yeah... no, honestly. Make your own shit, whats the point of having an animation ranked or whatever if youre just basically gonna take already made presets and just say "i did this". We would be ranking 90% others work, 10% your shit. I guess if we were to go that way you'd still be med or high beg.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Math » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Omega wrote:yeah... no, honestly. Make your own shit, whats the point of having an animation ranked or whatever if youre just basically gonna take already made presets and just say "i did this". We would be ranking 90% others work, 10% your shit. I guess if we were to go that way you'd still be med or high beg.

Uhh i mean i use Cressel's dbz stks but the movements are still animated by me...
It depends on what kind of thing you're animating, animation is not just effects anyways.

That was my only comment i'm out
Obsessed for Emma Stone.
MathOffline
Legendary
Legendary

Postby Omega » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Math wrote:Uhh i mean i use Cressel's dbz stks but the movements are still animated by me...
It depends on what kind of thing you're animating, animation is not just effects anyways.

Yeah i get ya. But i mean, its like you said, you animate movements with sticks made for movements... in this case its more of a copied/traced effect show off with a very lame set of movements. I think it is different. Theres nothing that'd make you think... oh this seems "original" or "unique" or at least worth rankable.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Cressel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Holy shit what is this lmao. You guys should just drop that discussion already.

Your stuff is looking alright Crono. You've kinda just done the same in the latest three animations, I'd love to see more variety although I guess I'm not one that should say that considering how monotone all my animations were.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby XElite109 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:08 pm

The rage
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby MadMan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Okay, I just don't want to debate, so, keep working, this is cool ! (thumbsup
Life is like someone smashing a sushi with a hammer, front of you ... that hurt :'(
MadManOffline
Active
Active

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area