Animations you're excited for

Have a natter here with other users!

Animations you're excited for

Postby Jojishi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 pm

What animations are you guys hyped to see?

I'm so looking forward to Sifter's DWTS animation, since his style is one of my favourites and it's a long animation.

Also, I'm excited for whatever Terkoiz makes next, since Summoner Showdown 6 is just insane.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: Animations you're excited for

Postby SIFTER » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm usually for series-based animations like Dark Under the law; makes me wanna see how things progress in terms of plot, and especially in quality, so your DBZ5 is on my follow's list. And also whatever collabs you guys come up with. I'm mostly interested in the occuring DDC13, for I can see a lot of talents in here, and it makes me very interested to see how high can we raise the bar again. There is also Inters Joint. From what I've seen, I think it's safe to say, as ironic as it may sound, it far exceeds Veteran's Joint's general quality by a great margin. Stickid flashing it would complete it. The joint just has to happen, and that's it. Another animation that I'm excited for would be Firecracker's "goodbye" animation. It's just entertaining to see his non-stop, full-of-action combos. If it holds up to at least his SvR entry, that would be amazing to see.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Pretty much everything you guys pointed out. Sifter's got me hyped for his DWTS animation and that game he's been working on. Jojishi is a long way from completing DBZ 5, but obviously I would love to see that. And Firecracker's goodbye animation, if he's even still working on it. I'm also excited to see DD15x's tutorial he's making. Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn he was making a huge (maybe pivot) tutorial. That should be interesting.

But yea... the intermediate joint was going great the last time I saw it. I love anything to do with space and that's the main theme in the joint, and it seriously looks great so far considering it's a pivot animation. The colors used, and changes between worlds, how well each part links together, it's probably one of the best joints made so far. I'd still really like to make a part for it. :(

Oh yea! And Jappa's huge animation he keeps teasing us with!
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm happy you guys are still pumped for DBZ 5. I want to make serious progress on it this year. It wasn't getting anywhere because I was trying to outdo myself and it took 15 minutes to make a single frame. It was taking 4 times longer than it should have for an insignificant quality bump (diminishing returns). Now I'm aiming for DBZ 4 quality which makes it far more manageable and likely to be finished. It might disappoint some to hear this, but it won't be finished otherwise.

I'm excited for Firecracker's "Farewell" too and if he releases it I think you'll be impressed. When he updated me on it in 2014 it was over 1100 frames, he said he still had a long way to go, and he gave a screenshot of a guy above clouds(?) shooting lasers from his hands ( I don't know if I still have the screenshot).

I'm hyped for DWTS collab, DDC13 and Inters Joint. I last saw the joint when it was slightly over 1000 frames and it looked amazing then. Japa's project is also something I'm desperate to see, since the backgrounds alone look incredible. Another animation I'd like to see is The Forgotten Legion III, but he was meant to release it last year in August (at the latest) and it hasn't come out. He hasn't updated since June either, but I've seen activity on his YouTube account. Very strange...
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 pm

OH! Castle4! The stick series from Stickpage. It'll be a 3D animation this time, and last time I saw the announcement trailer made me super hyped. I'm hoping it hasn't been given up on yet.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby elixir » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:05 pm

the only things im really hyped for are firecrackers farewell, and sifters dwts thing C:
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Elixir wrote:the only things im really hyped for are firecrackers farewell, and sifters dwts thing C:

wasn't farewell announced like, a year ago, and there's been 0 word on it since?
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
woopeee
woopeee

Postby SIFTER » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Why not think of it as an eternity project? Like my Siftermovie thing :D. I'm sure he has all the reasons to delay it this long.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Fuel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:35 pm

I believe the Shadowlith collab will be absolutely amazing, so glad to have made an entry for it, I can't wait to watch Omega's and Sifter's entries. That collab will be epic.

The red button collab will be great as well, anything could happen, I really wanna see how it turns out.
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby SIFTER » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Omega's entry... That reminds me
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Firecracker's a professional Animator at Jam Media, which is why "Farewell" is taking a while. I'm happy for him doing so well and obviously his job takes priority, but hopefully he updates us on "Farewell" soon. Sometimes I worry he might abandon us and I'd like to see his last Pivot even if it's unfinished.

Sifter wrote:Omega's entry... That reminds me

I hope he sends it soon.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to General Talk