Collect or Die released+ giveaway

Have a natter here with other users!

Collect or Die released+ giveaway

Postby SIFTER » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:11 pm

So the game is finally live now. Licensed my work and everything. I will thread a compilation of all the used and unused character animations as well as a few other things in a few days hopefully. I dunno, it just feels nice to see TDD participate in such a high quality indie game for the first time c: (our site is in the credits, if you check.)

Oh, and in case you're interested you may have the paid version for free on my page. Thanks to the dev himself for giving me the redeem codes.

https://www.facebook.com/sifterpivoter. ... 6543568091

Also, will anyone be interested in knowing the process that I've went through to create the animations? Will put it in the tutorials section, if so.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: Collect or Die released+ giveaway

Postby iamaufiey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 pm

First comment xD
Show us the tutorial (~^-^)~
iamaufieyOffline
Active
Active

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm

iamaufiey wrote:First comment xD

1.) Collect
2.) Don't die
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Finom » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Sifter wrote:Also, will anyone be interested in knowing the process that I've went through to create the animations? Will put it in the tutorials section, if so.

If I'm being straightforward I don't think there's an active soul here that wouldn't considering how amazing your screenies have been alone.
Mind reminding me how long this project as been in the making? I honestly can't remember when it all began
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm

The prototype animations, which only a select few have seen, were made around last year's February, but I finished my job 3 months after. Then I made the illustrations and game's icon 3 months after it. Some animations/illustrations have made it to the game, and the rest remained unused.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby iamaufiey » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Gary wrote:
iamaufiey wrote:First comment xD

1.) Collect
2.) Don't die

"Also, will anyone be interested in knowing the process that I've went through to create the animations? Will put it in the tutorials section, if so."

I meant for that actually, not tutorial for the game xD
iamaufieyOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:00 pm

This is exciting! I'm so happy for you Sifter. The game looks amazing and although I can't play it now (I want to play it so badly), it will be the first thing I install when I get a new phone. Also, it's awesome that our site's in the credits! We're going places. :D

I'm very interested in seeing the animations and illustrations you'll be posting. It's nice knowing how you dedicated your time to this. I think everyone would be interested in a tutorial on your process behind this (I know I would).
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm

So I downloaded this to test it out. I actually remember talking to the game developer who came to the forum looking for an animator. I can't believe it's been over a year since then already. The game turned out better than I thought it was going to. I mean it's no Skyrim or anything, but it's pretty fun for killing time. It does get kind of repetitive, and the sensitivity on the controls (tilting your phone) is kind of finicky, it could just be my shitty phone though.

I didn't play it that much, I just went through the first couple levels on stage 1. Your animations look really nice man. Most of them are walk/run loops, or jump loops, or idle stances for the stage screen, but I think your animation style compliments his art style pretty well.

I've always wanted to participate in making an android game like this, but I never had the drive to do it. So kudos to you for following through and actually finishing it. I remember the guy saying he makes a decent amount of money off these games (from adds in the free version and of course the paid version). He is going to compensate you for your work right?
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby SIFTER » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks, and yeah he did pay me. I mean, it would be foolish not to get paid even if it's a first job, right? He's actually a really nice guy—the more I asked, the more he gave. He was even kind enough to give me those redeem codes to give them away. Somebody else would be like "no, gotta make profit..." if I remember correctly I think I got nearly 200 bucks. I really forgot what the exact number was, as I was payed over half a year ago, and wasn't asked to license till yesterday.

Also yeah, even I had directly complained to him about the controls and he said that, choosing between on-screen buttons that will make the display clustered, and a hard-to-adapt-to, retro tilt controls that still allow you to see everything on screen, the latter seemed the most reasonable option. He did mention something about adding controller support later on, but nothing's for sure.

So after making the animation reel(working on it at the time of typing this), I will work on the tutorial/commentary. Let me just say that game animation can be a fresh experience for any sort of animator.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Blademaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:46 pm

great job sifter (thumbsup
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Return to General Talk