LordPivot's Thread - Stalactitious - Fallen

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: LordPivot's Thread (Nazi Zombies)

Postby Lord » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks for the encouragment!
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Bullzeye » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:14 am

LordPivot wrote:Thanks, I remember you from ages ago. Maybe I should slow parts of the animation down. :)
I don't understand why some of you can't comprehend what's happening in the FPS part of the animation. I know because I'm the one animating it that I will naturally understand what's happening but I'm trying to look at it from your point of view but still can't find it hard to understand.

i know that feel bro (oh you
my some big frnds said this that i cant understand the story
so i now show this to them and say that they will tell wht is happening
and yeah my story telling has improved [some wht]
(smile
courtesy pls
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Loved that animation man, especially the first person view. But at the very end after the slice the camera just stops moving really quick, you should ease that part a little bit more. Everything else I noticed has already been said.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Lithium » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:21 am

Really really enjoyable! You should add sound effects to it. What you could focus on is adding more advanced posing to your moves, as they are a bit simplistic, but it was a very nice watch.

Definite potential in you sir. (thumbsup
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks, it really means a lot coming from you, but what do you mean when you say 'advanced poses'?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lithium » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 pm

You didn't really do any complex movements, the figure was in the stand-still pose whilst shooting the whole time. In future you could try experiment crouching, forward learning, step-shifting and whatever else comes to mind.

Like I said though that's what I think you could do to improve, you're already very good with movements. I'd message whoever is in charge of the ranking system here to move you up.
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 am

I like your newest man, could tell it was CoD inspired. I liked the subtle movements when he was in a stand still and the few steps he took back as more zombies approached him, but as Lith said it would've been cooler if he was crouching or something. Your movements get better every time I see something from you man, whatever you're doing, keep it up. It probably would've made sense to show more force in the blow back since the zombies were getting blown back but the person holding the gun wasn't. Other then those small things you're golden man, really like the close up where he stabs the zombie then shoots him. Honestly, at the pace you're going I could see you getting intermediate soon. I wouldn't object to making you a move up thread if you were to request it, only if you think you're ready though. PM me when you are.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Lord » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 am

Thanks for the comments guys but I'm not sure if I'm entirely ready yet. I feel as if I'll get moved down in less than a week if I did move up.
I'm going ahead to animate the Star Wars animation, after that, if I'm happy with it and everyone else is, then I'll request the move-up.(thumbsup
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lord » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm doing some test as regards to the Lightsabers for the Star Wars animation. Any tips?
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Mat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:11 pm

LordPivot wrote:I'm doing some test as regards to the Lightsabers for the Star Wars animation. Any tips?

Use the force young padawan.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Re: LordPivot's Thread (Lightsaberssss)

Postby Lord » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 am

Sound advice. :)
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Thread (Kill Juke entry)

Postby Lord » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Okay, now, the widly anticipated... Kill Juke entry!
Enjoy guys, and sorry if you aren't in the animation, I just added the guys who came to my mind first. :)
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tuna » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:13 pm

aye aye entertaining, lacked in animation quality but idek why people care too much about quality if it's entertaining. I like the fact that you're an animator that makes long animations, it's nice.
good job with this. i'd give cc but ehhhhhh
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Yeaaaaaaah... it was kind of a rollercoaster of motivation. At the start, I was animating quite quickly and was enjoying it, then for parts of it I lost motivation and the animation lacked in quality :(
Thanks for the comment.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Juke » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:21 pm

I've never once banned anybody on this forum, and my own staff would never fight against me! WHERE WAS MY BAN HAMMER!?
Lol, I loved the animation bro,very very entertaining. I'd take all ranks away if all animations were as entertaining as this.
JukeOffline
Honorary

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area