3D stickfigure animator

Random discussions belong here.

Re: 3D stickfigure animator

Postby Gary » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am

keno100 wrote:The only free 3d program was blender.Now blender is paid too.

From the front page of Blender: Blender is FREE and open source. You can easily make something serious with the program, considering you get 100% access to the every feature of it. I've seen plenty of great animations that were made using the program. If you're gonna make a 3D Animation program, you should try to fix it up and make it worth using compared to other programs, like Blender.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby keno100 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Ok no problem Im not forcing nobady to use my animator...
But if anyone think:
Lets make 100 frames per hour (with any program not only mine) is out of reality.
Make a research of the 3d animation cost...
Models-software-hardware-study-time
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby SIFTER » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:14 pm

After fiddling with it for an hour, I believe I could safely say it's not made for short-term animations, let alone long-term. I could see it as a nice tool for Pivot beginners to see how does a pose look like from a certain angle—it's a 3D software, after all. Unlike the largest majority of skeletal animators, one of the main features is missing: Nodes and handles that allow for all the freedom required to position figures with ease
Making this one pose took nearly 15 minutes, when it should have taken less than 1, which sadly felt like an accomplishment. Exiting the software felt like relief, and that is probably because of the badly-designed UI. As everyone has stated, highly saturated colors made for a bad experience, for me anyway, If you just go for brighter colors and better designed buttons, things would improve tenfolds. Even the standard win98-like buttons would look acceptable.

I could also see the issue of not being able to create my own figures and models as well as choosing colors on my own. You have somewhat defeated the purpose of an animation software by making your randomizing colors and backgrounds instead of giving us the option to pick or make our own. As of now it felt like I was using one of those browser-based flash animators that are just there to kill time and sanity. Ah, and..

Flaw #0: No maximize windows.

That made it feel even more like a Flash game. At least, if that was there, it would have made me slightly happy because then I would have used that default figure as a poseable model reference for drawings and animation. Like the hand-sized mannequins that artists use.

Anti-aliasing wasn't there. Not even an option to turn it on and off.

I've read the whole manual, and my PC works fine, so there was no room for error, from my part. All-in-all, it's a tedious software to work with, at the very best. I'm sure you put a lot of effort into it, but listening to what those guys above say will surely improve it to the best.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby keno100 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 pm

I will not hear what the other guys say because they have not idea of 3d animation.
Not only them but many other experts from other sites.Many of them seems to be blind too.
You dont know but I have a small secret.I know WHY they cant animate...
And non of the experts and A level 3D-stutents after 2 years from my 1 version ever find why...
But I know and what is good and I made the animator this way...Remember this.
Find out what is wrong and what is right..
As I said before anyone is free to select what is better for him...
You dont like a program..dont use it.Simple!
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby Gary » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 am

keno100 wrote:I will not hear what the other guys say because they have not idea of 3d animation.

Most of us on this website have a complete idea of what 3D animation is and have even experimented with it before, so we know that it shouldn't be as difficult to use as it is in your program.

keno110 wrote:Not only them but many other experts from other sites.Many of them seems to be blind too.

If the experts are telling you that your program is fucked, what does that say about your program?

keno110 wrote:You dont know but I have a small secret.I know WHY they cant animate...

Because the program is fucking difficult to use and you're getting super defensive instead of trying to make it better for your users?

keno110 wrote:And non of the experts and A level 3D-stutents after 2 years from my 1 version ever find why...

^

keno110 wrote:But I know and what is good and I made the animator this way...Remember this.
Find out what is wrong and what is right..

This doesn't even make sense

keno11 wrote:As I said before anyone is free to select what is better for him...
You dont like a program..dont use it.Simple!

We aren't using it, but we are trying to give you advice as to how to make it useable.

In these posts you're making, you're basically calling all 3D program designers/users stupid and that you're an all mighty god who knows absolutely everything about it. Please stop, we are just trying to give you advice as to how to make this program easy to use, which will therefore make people want to use your program, and make it successful in the end.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby SIFTER » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Gary wrote:We aren't using it, but we are trying to give you advice as to how to make it useable.

This. Exactly this. We aren't trying to bash you or your software, all we're doing is simply giving you constructive feedback. Apparently, though, it doesn't seem like you're used to any, and that by itself is a problem if you're looking to improve, which I hardly find it to be the case, unfortunately. Now, if you don't like to get this sort of feedback, how about you just rely on the comments on the appstore or something? From what I've seen, they're unconsiderably harsher. Yes, I know, I'm not a programmer, and I do not know how to program a software, but that doesn't take away the fact that I do actually know what works and what doesn't, as someone who's actually tried the software.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby keno100 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 pm

ok. misanderstunding
I have the Nodes and handles.
I disable them to make it easy and simple
And My first version was polished with colorfull buttons.
Testers advise me to make it look more like a tool and not a game.
It is not the main project (I must live first) I am working but I will continue developement...
I will make a visual tutorial...
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby Raymond » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:10 pm

I think a huge problem is the language barrier. It sounds like you are using an online program to translate your responses and our posts. That would explain why you type out each line separately rather than using paragraphs which make the sentences coincide with each other.

If this is the case, you probably won't get much help from our advice, but don't take everything these people say as an attack on your program. They are only trying to help, so whatever you understand from their posts, just use the best you can and improve your program because right now it's very intrusive and annoying to use. And this is coming from animators who have a good understanding of 3D and animation in general. Remember you are talking to the people who will use your software, so be more open to advice.

In any case I'm looking forward to your tutorial. I've barely tried out your program, but seeing a tutorial might encourage me to put more time into it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Gary » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Yes, what Raymond is saying. If you just follow advice and not take everything personally, I will be glad to use it once you improve upon it.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby keno100 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Yes languege is problem for me.I know trere are good animators here.I saw the gifs at posts
I will make a tutorial and post the link wait..
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby keno100 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:18 am

The basics explained inside the program-manuall.

I will explain what I think is missing and is confusing.

First rotations is around the selected axis and not at the direction of the axis.

The ALL button:The old system without the symbols moves everything

around the same axis as the other body members.This way is good

for walk cycles (legs-arms) but not good for the ALL button.

At new system with the symbols the ALL button rotate over Z axis.

Good for rotate everything at any angle they are.While the other

members still use their good x-axis.

An explanation gif below.

When you press the keyboard key number 6 you will see a variable temporarily draw for 5 seconds

Variable 1 goes slower and 2 faster for buttons (rotate and move)

For keyboard keys arrows:

When variable is 1.The arrow keys go click by click 0.5 pixels.When variable is 2 0.25.When rotate the degrees is drawing at top right corner.Left-right is rotation.Up-down is pixels.

Every time you click you trigering other variable.So if you move with(up-down) and then rotate without (right-left keyboard keys) the degress will not draw.Press once left or right to draw the rotation variable.Or the opposite.

Use reference of the (degree-pixels) variables for micro-movements.Because Small motion are visible only at playback mode.

Also when the key 6 variable is 2 the torso compination.Goes click-by click too.

Keep a counting and remember.

Examble:frame 2 at y 4 clicks.Frame 3 at y 5 clicks.I will draw these variables at new updates.

The small arrows button above the big rotate button is (ACTIVE ONLY) when the right body member is selected.

Members are BODY - HAND(left,right) - fOOT(left,right).

When active the colors of the button rectangle change their color.Then

use for additional body members rotation.

Good luck.
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby keno100 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:06 am

About the update of the windows version
You must wait more...
The models are not good.I will make better models.
2 or 3 diferent riggings
And more easy rotation system.
Maybe the old save files dont work anymore after the new update.
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby keno100 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:28 pm

I made a new version of my human animator.
New rotation system,3 legs riggings,moving bones.
Download from (dropbox)and test it here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237110807/ZOR_5_2.zip
I will update and the stickman with new models.
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby keno100 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:20 am

NEW update Stickman-3d 8.
Extremely easy now with 3 matrix per bone.Capable of complex 3d animation.
Bone moving mode and 3 different legs riggings.
Direct download from dropbox Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/237110807/ZZZ_Stickman_2.zip
Waiting for feedback:
keno100Offline
Active
Active

Postby SIFTER » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 am

The nicest thing to tell you at this point is that it's cool that it's capable of "complex" animation now. Realllllly cool
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything