Souls Thread

Come here for all your gaming and computer needs.

Re: Souls Thread

Postby Gary » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

I never could be bothered to really rank up in Covenants. I ranked up to +2 in BoB, but then lost all motivation to do so. The only collab I max out fully is the Dragonbros, but only bc it's easy as hell to rank up in.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:56 am

BoB is easier than Crips just due to actual activity i've found. I've hit rank 1 in BoB before just out of fucking nowhere.

Main thing with BoB is Invasions > Arena, despite the obvious things like possible chugging/ganks the people are generally worse and less tryhardy, you can catch some fucking awful PvE'ers by invading and they are free as shit. The arena is more fair ON PAPER, but that claim is really tested when you're approached by fucking "Goku_x_Havel_shipper56" with his soulmass and katana primed and ready.

Also yeah dragonbros 3 was EZmode but really not worth it because the rewards blow my fucking pee pee.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:16 am

Eh. I have a character in the BDP, but I've never had a problem finding matches. But then again, I have a script for CE that allows you to find invasions x10000 easier than normal. I can give it to you if you want to. I'll usually be able to get an invasion within about 10 seconds with it.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:38 am

it's not so much finding invasions as opposed to getting the orbs to invade. I'm thinking about going NG+ because the covenant leader actually sells them.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:42 am

Ah alright. And to get the orbs, you could just joint the CoC and farm the enemies at Heide's. They'll never stop respawning, so you have the change to just keep getting orbs.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:47 am

If it worked on the red phantoms that are guaranteed to drop 3 I would do that shit until I had two 99 stacks plus a bunch of tokens. Otherwise it's probably less tedious to just head into NG+.

I'll probably accumulate another 2mill soul memory by doing so, but the soul memory for the character is currently only sitting at like 3 mill anyway. As long as my characters are kept under like 10 mill i'm fine. And I mean I could use the agape ring but the orbs are like 10k souls a pop.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:07 am

You could just bonfire ascetic a bunch of times. Put on gear that increases luck, clear out the area, kill the phantoms. get about 10 orbs, then repeat the process.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 am

That's what i've been doing and with a full phantom clear and a few spawns down you get like 30ish. Problem is getting ascetics involves MORE covenant grinding so that only adds to the grind.

At the end of the day I think NG+ is just the better option. Plus it actually doesn't reset your covenant ranks which is fucking awesome.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:20 am

You could just farm the Dark Chasm or whatever it's called and get easy ascetics with the agape ring. But yea, NG+ would probably be the better way to go.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 am

Yeah the dark chasms is the grind I was referring to bud haha.
I've started work on youtube videos and I think they are coming along really fucking well so far.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 am

Oh, woops. Didn't even realize that.
Also, good luck with the videos man. I tried making videos, but lost all interest when it came to having to edit.
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 am

Yeah the NGing was defs worth, i'm not even close to finishing the playthrough and i've got like half a stack.
Also Gary post that invasion script bud.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gary » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 am

Let me see if it still works. I've been using the arena/bridge lately, and haven't invaded since the new patch.

Doesn't work. I'll look for an updated version right now

Edit: It hasn't been updated, damnit.

more fashion

I love the Drangleic Helm. It looks so goood
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mitch » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:35 am

Eyo the bound wooden shield would look fly as shit with that.

So lets talk about the fucking Majestic greatsword, once i'm done grinding with the Crips i'm definitely gonna master that weapon. There is no fucking circumstance where you can tell me not to use a sword that lets me do flips and spins.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Lolzafish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:07 am

Zweihander is the best weapon in the game and anyone who says otherwise is stupid.
LolzafishOffline
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming & Computers