Check out the thread for a link!

Re: Goodbye Forums + Our Discord Link!

Postby Michi » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:23 am

Ah, the bots came to say goodbye too
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Postby Vito » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:36 am

i missed the announcement on this but i wanna say i am genuinely thankful for the forum days! i spent half of my childhood - teenagehood here, you guys made me recognize what i am capable of and we shared a lotta funny skits or meems or harsh critics (:P on a fucking stickman lmao. those were the fun days had a lotta blast. goodbye the old dark demon, the new dark demon off we go to the top. yeeeeeeetttttttt (heart
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby tuna » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 am

Ralph wrote:
tuna wrote:pouring one out for my homie, DarkDemon...

o dam tuna is still here

i think you're one of the people who donated/made a stick for the initial release of SN

which was *counts*

...6 years ago??

oh boy i'd forgotten i contributed a stick to that : p im glad SN has grown to be so big now! hey ralph, are you on our discord server?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ralph » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:01 pm

tuna wrote:oh boy i'd forgotten i contributed a stick to that : p im glad SN has grown to be so big now! hey ralph, are you on our discord server?

i have a personal bet with myself to never use discord but since it's not dying i may fail very soon-

its really nothing against it
just i have enough profiles online to manage lol
Developer of Stick Nodes, follow the development on my Twitter.
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Schmitty » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:11 am

I said my piece on the Discord server, but I'll say something here too. Even though I didn't frequent this particular forum that much, I am thankful to those of you who tried to keep the spirit of DD alive after the eventual fall of the original forum. Some of you don't know me, and I don't know some of you. But Darkdemon and it's people always will be a huge part of my life, and I'm glad I got to make some amazing friends along the way. And seeing that pivot animating is still very much alive and kicking on the Discord makes me a very happy old fag.

So long, forum era Darkdemon. you will be missed.

curtz and CC please?
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tuna » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:24 am

Ralph wrote:
tuna wrote:oh boy i'd forgotten i contributed a stick to that : p im glad SN has grown to be so big now! hey ralph, are you on our discord server?

i have a personal bet with myself to never use discord but since it's not dying i may fail very soon-

its really nothing against it
just i have enough profiles online to manage lol

understandable haha : )) if u ever feel like popping in, you know where to find us <3
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby JukeButCantResetPW » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm

Clicking "Post Reply" and getting this beat up html text box already gives me so much nostalgia.

Its almost 12 years since I originally joined dark demon, pivot and the entire community has shaped my childhood for the better and I have so many fond memories from my time here. Although I'm no longer interested in animation and I may not be active in the community over on Discord, Dark Demon will always have a huge place in my heart.

It's strange that so much of it is a blur to me now, it honestly might be for the better though. God knows the amounts of shit I must have spewed as an idiot kid, I commend the staff team for putting up with me and the countless amount of other young shit heads that found their way here. Amazing to see so many of those young shit heads still checking here and on the Discord as young adults now though.

I'm so thankful to all the friends I made here, and all the people who told me to fuck off. I learned a lot life lessons on these forums and DarkDemon toughened me up to become a professional shit poster which I still value to this day.

For the last time:

Shit animation, needs more easing and move every joint in every frame, curtz and cc?
JukeButCantResetPWOffline

Previous

Return to Join Our Discord!